Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 10:58 PM

38,610 posts, read 26,256,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Because thats pretty much all the federal government is legally authorized to do

La la land posting again? Care to back up this statement with a single fact or do you not care that you come off as as someone who just lies and makes things up as you along..

I agree, go back to quote 1 and 2 and review your own advice.
Predictable drive-by by the left-wing. Tell them to back it up with facts and their gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 11:05 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,832,190 times
Bush spent us into this mess and it is continuing to this day. Honestly, I'm fed up with ALL politicians, whether they be Democrat or Republican. I sincerely believe they are all one in the same.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:08 PM

16 posts, read 72,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
LOL yup and i'm sure the source of the video is from a very credible one, i think the same guy-Alex Jones- who stated that the Bush government destroyed the WTC towers with improvised explosives. The conspiracy theorists alive and kicking.
The government was part of the destruction of the WTC towers. Sorry, but here's another video that wasn't by Alex Jones. Very credible. Of course, it requires sustained attention for about an hour and a half.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:32 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,951,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amhealy View Post
The government was part of the destruction of the WTC towers. Sorry, but here's another video that wasn't by Alex Jones. Very credible. Of course, it requires sustained attention for about an hour and a half.
Do you have video of some swamp land for sale in Florida - some direct marketing stuff too?

Old 05-26-2009, 08:48 AM

37,837 posts, read 21,936,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
I think we could learn alot from the Canadians, healthcare included, I worked with several Canadians over the years, and they liked thier system just fine.. The only people I've heard slam it are Americans, who say "I heard" or "I read"..
I certainly don't support the Obama plan to tax my Healthcare benifits to pay for someone else's....
The Canadian system is leeching off of America, the same with a lot of their government programs. America is their handy-dandy FREE relief valve.

Let me explain why I say this.

1. The Canadians can afford to impose artificially low rates for drugs sold by the drug manufacturers in Canada, because the drug companies simply pass on the costs to Americans.

2. The Canadians can afford to limit costs to their health care system, by reducing the availability of expensive diagnostic procedures, since the people can just go south and get the tests or treatment they need in America.

3. They do not need to accept Bush's offer to help America deploy a North American ballistic missile defense shield, because they know we will protect them by default, since they are sandwiched between mainland USA and Alaska.

4. They can also get by with a small military force, because they know America has their back.

The Canadians are saving hundreds of billion of their dollars in taxes each year, by falling back on their big brother to take up the slack.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I want to see a valid reason why the government thinks that taking over the health care industry costs will be cut, especially considering that the proposals are for the government to tax everyone, and then continue to outsource the managment of bills to the private sector.. The only thing different is where your bill gets paid..
Because they think Medicare and Medicaid are being run so cost effectively, not realizing that when they force doctors and hospital to provide care at a greatly reduced cost, the doctors and hospitals simply remedy their losses by passing the costs on, to us private health care folks.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:20 AM

16 posts, read 72,993 times
Quote:
Do you have video of some swamp land for sale in Florida - some direct marketing stuff too?
Well, you can't ignore this one (http://digg.com/d1XAzJ - broken link).

Anyone defending the constitution or protesting the actions of the government can be identified as a "domestic terrorist" and can be reported to the F.B.I. for investigation. What a good way to strip us of our first amendment rights. No one will be able to object to anything the government does or we will be identified as right-wing extremists and can be detained indefinitely as a threat to the U.S.

But I'm probably in the wrong area. You guys are talking about being out of money. (Don't you wonder where the money went???)

Old 05-26-2009, 09:21 AM

Quote:
If anything, more government control and better regulation of your banking system is in order. Prior to this, things have been left unchecked and LOOK what has happened.
Yes, we need a program like TARP or government bailouts, that will fix everything, good idea, you should float this idea past 0bama.

F&F were government controlled entities, and they bought up every mortgage they saw, and were responsible for a lot of the housing bubble and collapse.

Do you think some people were doing things illegally, and need to go to go on trial, or off to prison for the banking fiasco, but do you see anyone? No, you don't. What we do see is government rewarding some of these crooks with taxpayer money, bailouts, TARP etc...

The only government regulation I see, is restricting the use of corporate jets, or office decorating policy and executive pay, and none of those were the reason for this economic collapse.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going-2-Florida View Post
Dream on.

It wont take people long to see the mistake. They are already seeing they made a mistake voting for this man.

And people like Biden, Pelosi and Reid are any better then the above, I think not.

Just to let you know the 3 you mentioned are ten times smarter people then anyone you can toss out.

You do not like them because they make your skin crawl.

Gambler, well millions gambled on Obama and so far they have lost their asses.
Biden has got to be the dumbest, most reckless and irresponsible Vice President ever, and Pelosi has got to be the most loony and dumbest speaker of the house, and Reid is not any better, these people all make 0bama look much better then he really is.

Please 0bama, do not do anything that may result in Pelosi or Biden taking your job..... PLEASE?!!

Old 05-26-2009, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
You mean like "I'm the Decider"?

Nah. Nobody could EVER be that arrogant again.
You mean:

"I hear the voices, and I read the front page, and I know the speculation. But I'm the decider, and I decide what is best. And what's best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as the secretary of defense."

I think president Bush was the one who decides whether or not to fire a member of his administration. It was 0bama's decision to fire Louis Caldera for the Air Force One photo debacle, and it will be 0bama's decision to fire any other appointee, not the press, or the opinion polling services.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies