Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 08:37 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
You don't have to be sexually-developed in order to be the victim of anti-gay bullying. In fact, there are occasionally cases of straight guys (adults) who are the victims of anti-gay bullying simply because someone perceived them to be gay. The same can happen with children.
The kids that get it the worst are ones who have no control over what they are being teased and bullied about, like ugly kids, fat kids, red heads with lots of freckles or mentally slow kids. I have always called out bullies, I never liked them, and got in more then a few fights with them throughout school, to get them to stop picking on other kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 08:39 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
wrong, those such as your self and parents that give a kid that young, reason to believe that his behavior is acceptable and normal, are to blame!

bingo !

Old 07-09-2010, 08:41 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
bingo !
So, if a child is the victim of anti-gay bullying, the parents of the child should be blamed for it?

Old 07-09-2010, 08:43 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,489,954 times
Quote:
You don't have to be sexually-developed in order to be the victim of anti-gay bullying. In fact, there are occasionally cases of straight guys (adults) who are the victims of anti-gay bullying simply because someone perceived them to be gay. The same can happen with children.
"Gay" or "f.a.g." were basically catch-all, insults, used by bullies for anyone, homosexual or not, when I was in school.

Most schools are utterly useless in dealing with bullies. Bullies are one of the few things I support corporal punishment for.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:15 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,900,516 times
some of them kill their tormentors....can't say I blame them....especially if it's relentless, and a group of nasties...all ganging up....

Old 07-09-2010, 10:20 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
"Gay" or "f.a.g." were basically catch-all, insults, used by bullies for anyone, homosexual or not, when I was in school.

Most schools are utterly useless in dealing with bullies. Bullies are one of the few things I support corporal punishment for.
I can relate to this. Ya see, when I was much younger, I was, myself, called such names as ***, *****, homo, etc. I had very very blonde hair, fair skin, so I was targeted for the way I looked as certain of the 'popular' crowd perceived my physical features as looking 'gay'. Funny thing is that girls seemed to like me, which is , perhaps, why these oher cretins targeted me for their abuse and labeled me in as negative a way as their small brains could conjure. Oh, I get steamed when the subject of bullying comes up. I ended up thrashing one of the ringleaders of that bunch ...but good, and was left alone after that. This is what I think ALL bullys deserve, a good thrashing. Sensitivity classes are a bunch of S^%&. They do NOTHING to stop bullying, and actually encourage it as kids will then singe out the same kids they are told they need to be 'sensitive' to for 'special' treatment.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:26 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,943,383 times
Quote:
So, if a child is the victim of anti-gay bullying, the parents of the child should be blamed for it?
i dont think they are to blame so to speak but they should have done more to protect thier child. that is so sad to hear want that boy went through.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:41 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,857,391 times
Tellme again why we allow just anyone to produce children they are incapable of raising into reasonable people? We care more if a dog has his shots.

It is sad indeed that parents don't see the warning signs....

When someone gets rid of things that have been very dear to them watch out. challenge, don't be afraid to be the fool. I had a friend that I was very close to. out of the blue she sold a plate collection that was her prized possession . Immediately I knew what she was up to. I called her employer ( the police) and they came and spoke to her. She was never so embarrassed and was ever more upset with me.... she later acknowledged I was right... She was into such a selfish mode she didnt even realize she was going to shoot herself on her sons birthday... imagine the trauma that would have caused.

I became the fool, I became the arshole but she is alive... I'll live with the titles its all good.

I missed the warning sign with a friend when I was only 16. He did the same thing, sell what was near and dear. He hung himself. Be aware, and don't hesitate to say something.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:44 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
i dont think they are to blame so to speak but they should have done more to protect thier child. that is so sad to hear want that boy went through.
Schools are very ....inefficient....in dealing with bullies. Always have been. In my day much of the bad bullying went on in gym class, don't look for any help from Mr. Fooball (intentional mis spell) Coach types often encouraged athletes to pick on non athletes in my school. One guy really sticks out, and I HATE him to this day. Regardless of the reason a kid is targeted, and the 'gay' thing ain't special, sorry but I'm not assigning special status to it, it is the BULLY that needs to be dealt with, not the victim. They need to have a taste of their own medicine, and but friggin GOOD!! I suggest putting them in something like the old Scared Straight program, where wannabe tough guys got tossed in with REAL tough guys in prison and showed how pitiful they really were.

Old 07-10-2010, 03:23 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Wrong, those such as your self and parents that give a kid that young, reason to believe that his behavior is acceptable and normal, are to blame!
If the child was gay, he was normal. What's unacceptable about that?

He was acting in accordance with his Creator's wishes and the temperament he was given.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies