Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2009, 02:20 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,445,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Unmarried straight couples can easily marry.

Gays and lesbian cannot legally marry in many states.
I could care less about what society recognizes, I care about what my state recognizes as legally valid and what the federal government sees as legally valid.
State by state basis.

Unmarried heterosexual couples have to draw up papers. Not every couple wants to get married.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 02:24 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,781,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
State by state basis.

Unmarried heterosexual couples have to draw up papers. Not every couple wants to get married.
That's fine, they have the option to not get married.
Gay and lesbian couples on the other hand CANNOT get married. There is no choice there.
I could understand if marriage was made available to all couples but it isn't.
In many states it is a heterosexual-only institution.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:28 PM

62 posts, read 180,864 times

All you bigots can be happy temporarily. You must have forgotten the 18,000 same sex marriages that are allowed to remain valid.

It's just a matter of time before marriage equality takes place in CA as it is state by state.

And when it happens, who are you going to hate then?

Old 05-26-2009, 02:31 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,472,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC2Jax View Post

All you bigots can be happy temporarily. You must have forgotten the 18,000 same sex marriages that are allowed to remain valid.

It's just a matter of time before marriage equality takes place in CA as it is state by state.

Trannies???

Old 05-26-2009, 02:35 PM

519 posts, read 688,377 times
S T F U has a new meaning when liberal California puts the figurative smack down on an inarguably liberal agenda!

Democracy lives!

Old 05-26-2009, 02:36 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,946,717 times
Default emoticons are so cute

Quote:
It's just a matter of time before marriage equality happens state by state... And when it happens, who are you going to hate then?
I'm speaking for California, but we do not hate gays in any way. We love our gay friends. We are not haters.

I used this analogy the other day. My mom does not approve of smoking bud. I smoke bud. My mom does not hate me.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:37 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,924,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Thank God.

The Court also ruled that the same-sex "marriages" that were made before this ruling, remain married. Except for the ones that have already divorced. Which is quite a few more than opposite-sex marriages that have divorced, that were made during that period.

Just hear this on ABC radio in San Diego.
I guess that all of the gays will be out in the streets having protests and such. Good to see that CA can do what is right sometimes.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:38 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,217,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Thank God.

The Court also ruled that the same-sex "marriages" that were made before this ruling, remain married. Except for the ones that have already divorced. Which is quite a few more than opposite-sex marriages that have divorced, that were made during that period.

Just hear this on ABC radio in San Diego.
Justice is served

Old 05-26-2009, 02:39 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,924,521 times
Quote:

The better question would be who are YOU going to hate since you seem to love hating?

Old 05-26-2009, 02:42 PM

519 posts, read 688,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
They upheld the constitution, it has nothing to do with "the will of the voters".
Just wait Finkie...any minute now the anti-religious liberals will be claiming its a result of "fanatical Christians" controlling the world!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies