Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2009, 08:12 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
I'm sorry, but you're very mistaken but thanks
I'm sorry? I didnt realize you were in an internment camp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 08:14 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I'm sorry? I didnt realize you were in an internment camp.
keep on topic, and in context please...

I'm not advocating for the general public to vote on your marriage rights...
but I can assure you.. if it was being put to a vote.. i'd cast the first ballot in stripping you of your marriage.. just to see what you'd have to say...

Old 05-28-2009, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I'm not on the left () and I have concerns with same-sex marriage.
Well, Im a Liberal Democrat who has decided that I will throw my lot with what I believe to be the truth.

That God instituted marriage and that we do not have the right to change that.

Marriage has no place in govt and we should all enter into civil unions at the county courthouse. Then if a couple wants to marry a church can do that.

Oh, and Im also gay.

Quote:
I'm becoming more and more open to the idea day by day.
And I understand. The moral footings of society are slipping because that which is seen as right is now villified and that which is seen as wrong is now romanticized and celebrated.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:19 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
it is naive to think that because the law doesn't allow siblings to marry or people to have multiple spouse's that they're not out doing it anyway...
religious folks seem to think that not allowing people to marry is hindering the action of sex or whatever the deem immoral...
I just don't understand their reasoning.. it's so absurd...
There are very legitimate state interests in not recognizing plural marriages and in not allowing siblings to marry.

It's actually a crime for siblings to have sex at all as of now and those laws have been ruled constitutional.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
keep on topic, and in context please...

I'm not advocating for the general public to vote on your marriage rights...
but I can assure you.. if it was being put to a vote.. i'd cast the first ballot in stripping you of your marriage.. just to see what you'd have to say...

How can a right that never existed be stripped away?

Old 05-28-2009, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Just as you find gay marriage acceptable-there are millions of people out there who see it as the complete opposite.

Until gay marriage supporters realize that and address that issue, consider this issue unresolved.

Whether you like it or not.
who cares what you or the millions of people think.. my marriage and who I marry is MY BUSINESS... not yours thankyou very much...

I don't care who you're married to.. or what you're doing in your bedroom...
but you seem to be REALLY interested in my marriage and bedroom...
P*SS OFF... and check yourselves

Old 05-28-2009, 08:22 AM

Quote:
That God instituted marriage and that we do not have the right to change that.
God likely doesn't even exist IMO, so that's an interesting theory you have.

Quote:
Marriage has no place in govt and we should all enter into civil unions at the county courthouse. Then if a couple wants to marry a church can do that.
I disagree. Civil marriages do, in fact, have a place in government.

Quote:
Oh, and Im also gay.
So you compared yourself to those practicing bestiality, incest, and polygamy. Wow.... you've got some self-esteem issues there.

Quote:
And I understand. The moral footings of society are slipping because that which is seen as right is now villified and that which is seen as wrong is now romanticized and celebrated.
To an extent, I agree. I don't think that's a good enough reason to ban same-sex marriage though.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:23 AM

Quote:
How can a right that never existed be stripped away?
right=representation...
YOUR spous and you are represented under the law.. you recieve protections and benefits of being married under the law
My would be spouse and I are not.. becase we are of the same sex.. we aren't welcome to those protections and benefits under the law.. yet we pay taxes just like you and your spouse..

How do you justify your position...

Old 05-28-2009, 08:26 AM

Quote:
who cares what you or the millions of people think.. my marriage and who I marry is MY BUSINESS... not yours thankyou very much...
When your 'marriage' is essentially a bastardization of the original intent of the institution-then it most certainly affects everyone else.

People do not want their children raised in a country where something they see as morally wrong is not only sanctioned but supported by the government.

They don't want their kids to grow up believing its normal-because to them its not normal.

I can't for the life of me, understand the continuing denial by those on the left regarding this point.

What? Were you not aware of how people feel?

Quote:
I don't care who you're married to.. or what you're doing in your bedroom...
but you seem to be REALLY interested in my marriage and bedroom...
You can do whatever the hell you want in your bedroom-by all means. Go right ahead.

This is not about the bedroom.

This is about the definition of marriage.

Quote:
P*SS OFF... and check yourselves
Ladies first.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:29 AM

Quote:
right=representation...
YOUR spous and you are represented under the law.. you recieve protections and benefits of being married under the law
My would be spouse and I are not.. becase we are of the same sex.. we aren't welcome to those protections and benefits under the law.. yet we pay taxes just like you and your spouse..

How do you justify your position...
And I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for you. I'm sorry. Truly sorry.

That's why you have the right to work to get it changed, but don't suggest there's no authority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies