Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2009, 12:51 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,478,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
freaking Canada allows Gays to get married and they aren't falling apart
America is homophobe! Go read my thread on the 11 year old who commited suicide because he was accused of being gay.
Iowa is officially more progressive than California, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 12:51 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,799,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Why not, they voted in favor of it at a much higher percentage then whites voted against it. It is what it is, regardless of ideology or agenda.
They are not the sole reason it passed though.
Blacks do not constitute a huge number in CA to pin the passing of Prop 8 on them.
As for Hispanics...don't know, don't really care.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:52 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,583,698 times
Quote:
Yeah, killing pre born baby's is soooo "modern and progressive", so modern in fact Mr. Hitler loved it so he must have been waaaaay ahead of his time. P.S. Way to hijack a thread and bring abortion into it, when there's lke 5 other threads on that topic already. Agenda much?
LOL. Coming from you who thinks abortion should be illegal even when the mother is at risk, I dont take you seriously.

PS-If you bothered to read my entire post, you would clearly see what I was getting at. But as usual, you don't bother.

10,503 posts, read 15,578,963 times
Quote:
Yeah, killing pre born baby's is soooo "modern and progressive", so modern in fact Mr. Hitler loved it so he must have been waaaaay ahead of his time. P.S. Way to hijack a thread and bring abortion into it, when there's lke 5 other threads on that topic already. Agenda much?
She's not hijacking a thread, abortion was one small part of her post, did you not read it perhaps? Or maybe it's that you're annoyed that her post was right-on so you have to accuse her of hijacking?

4,657 posts, read 8,718,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
freaking Canada allows Gays to get married and they aren't falling apart
America is homophobe! Go read my thread on the 11 year old who commited suicide because he was accused of being gay.
There's no proof whatsoever that he was gay or killed himself because he was gay. The article said that he was also accused of being a snitch, there's just as much reason to believe that he killed himself because he was sick of being called a snitch. That thread was a pathetic attempt at pushing your agenda.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:54 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,718,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Iowa is officially more progressive than California, lol.
Yeah, because having a supreme court override the will of it's people is so "progressive".

Old 05-26-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Yeah, because having a supreme court override the will of it's people is so "progressive".
It is important to overturn laws and votes if it takes away rights.

EVERYONE should be equal here. Not just straight people. (and I say this as a straight person)

Old 05-26-2009, 12:58 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,481,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
It is important to overturn laws and votes if it takes away rights.
Except in cases where there's no constitutional authority. In fact, in this case, the (California) Constitution itself says that same-sex marriage is not allowed.

Like it or not, our rights are determined by the US Constitution and our state's Constitution and the people have the right to work to expand or deny those rights.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
She's not hijacking a thread, abortion was one small part of her post, did you not read it perhaps? Or maybe it's that you're annoyed that her post was right-on so you have to accuse her of hijacking?
Exactly Karfar. Thanks.

Notice how Sonrise addresses only the part about abortion but not the last part where I ask if it is ok to stop a lesbian from seeing her partner of 30 years.

Sonrise is a very select and answer person. He will only address posts where he can put his beliefs in it.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:01 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,578,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Exactly Karfar. Thanks.

Notice how Sonrise addresses only the part about abortion but not the last part where I ask if it is ok to stop a lesbian from seeing her partner of 30 years.

Sonrise is a very select and answer person. He will only address posts where he can put his beliefs in it.
I did notice that, some people have blinders on figuratively & literally when it comes to certain issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies