Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 12:00 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,775 times

Advertisements

Being a legal resident in the USA gives me a impartial view of the American Political stage.
I loved what Bush offered and was pleased when he was re-elected.
I loved the fresh new aproach of Obama and so far have been impressed by his fortitude and obvious love of America.
I am Disgusted at the "Party Politics" that transcends every other matter in American Politics.
It seems that the Interests of American come second place to Constant (and it is constant) Propoganda campaigns for each party's run for office.
When are the Politicians going to take a breath, look around them and see the destruction that their Partisanship is causing in America. You cannot see a interview without it being a sound bite for that particular Politicians party. It MUST stop and STOP NOW!
The American people are just being used as cannon fodder for Most Politicians ambitions.
All the American people want is for America to be fixed. America to be the proud home of their brave Military or the Neighbourhoods full of caring Americans who actually want to care for their fellow Americans. Has Dignity and social responsibilty died in America? It seems that the Me Me Me attitude has cost America dearly. Greed on a scale that your grandparents could never have imagined is destroying America.
Let's stop this "War". Let's all realise that the problems in America are NOT going to be cured by each party blaming the other party for every problem.
There is corruption in BOTH parties and there are Good honest Americans in both parties. Get rid of the partisan FOG and maybe we will all see which ones are which.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 12:29 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,159 times
Excellent post and I think you would find people on both sides of the fence in agreement.

The problem is, we are letting the government get away with it. We are blindly following our leaders not because we necessarily agree with them on issues, but that they go AGAINST the ideologies/beliefs/opinions of the "other side". Nobody wants to budge one bit for fear of looking weak or like a traitor to their party. We all know there are radicals on both sides of the political spectrum and unfortunately, we are letting these people (who are a minority) speak for the whole.

I tend to vote Republican and I was less than thrilled with the performance of the Bush administration. I don't think it was as terrible as most Democrats think, but I feel Bush sold out some of his Republican base. I know that I will disagree with the Obama administration on many things, but I made a promise to myself when I saw the vitriol against Bush and the Republicans that some Dems and uber-liberals spewed towards them and that promise was to keep an open mind on every issue and not to be afraid of agreeing with Obama. In other words, not to let the party define me and automatically blast the Obama administration with raging lunacy. This may sound funny, but I really hope that come election time in 2012 that I vote for Obama. Why? Well, if I do vote for Obama it's because I feel that he did a good job for the country in his first 4 years and helped make the improvements that are so desperately needed right now.

It's funny you bring up "taking a breath" in your post. I think this is exactly what the citizens of this country need to do. We need to chill out and relax first and let go of our outrages because these tend to force us into making poor decisions. Personally, I think many of these outrages people have are a bit phony and totally overblown. We need to live and let live. Worrying about who is doing what is useless, petty, and none of your business.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:35 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,273 times
This will not happen as long as the two parties are in power. The incumbant parties like it this way. Division means weakness. It is easier for them to scare us into voting for their puppets when we are divided.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:41 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,321 times
republicans aren't liberal? could have fooled me.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:43 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,317,746 times
Nutty. The thread title is just nutty.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
Nutty. The thread title is just nutty.
"I Rest My Case"

Old 05-26-2009, 12:57 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
when the titantic goes down, (which might be soon) all will drown those in 1st class will not be respected by the freezing waters. the great white shark does not take american express, arms and legs are the only acceptable payment.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:22 PM

And will they still be screaming that it was "YOUR FAULT" with their dying Partisan breath?

Old 05-26-2009, 01:30 PM

The people who thrive and get rich on the Partisan Furvour are the Journalists ( term used very sparingly) like Hannity, Limbaugh, Beck and so many others who whip the public up into a frenzy and then laugh all the way to the bank thinking to themselves..."Suckers"

Old 05-26-2009, 03:00 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
The people who thrive and get rich on the Partisan Furvour are the Journalists ( term used very sparingly) like Hannity, Limbaugh, Beck
Those you mentioned above are not journalists - and they have NEVER said, nor inferred, that they were / are.

I'm not sure where you came up with the idea they were journalists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies