Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2009, 12:51 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Um...move money in physical assets and secret accounts overseas that cannot be touched by Uncle Sam? Where there's a will, there's a way.
Ya mean they don't do that NOW!!!????

Wow! They must be stupid!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 12:54 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
If they hate America so much that they aren't willing to pay some taxes, let 'em go to India, China, or Columbia, then.

Adios, cheapskates!
Try Costa Rica. I wouldn't call them cheapskates when Obama's plan is to tax the rich to give to the poor.

It might not be so bad if the government was fiscally responsible but we all know they are not..don't reign in spending..tax more instead.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:54 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,971,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Ya mean they don't do that NOW!!!????

Wow! They must be stupid!!!

Moving money to physical assets is not highly profitable under current conditions. It becomes profitable and worth the risk if federal tax rates rise too quickly. Right now, people are just leaving MD because there are other states as options. If the Federal government raises rates, the only way to avoid paying them is to go underground, or by leaving the country and refusing to pay during the expatriation time frame.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:55 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
Uh...No. Sometimes not. Let's say Wade52 has 1 mil. His taxes are half of that. Wade52 no longer is a millionaire.

Now....let's say Wade52 has 100 million and his taxes are 70% and the country (or state) of Promisedland has a tax of 20%.

Wade52 will think about leaving the tax high country or state and moving to the Promisedland.

Pity the po people that live off the teat in tax high country! Wade will no longer be there!

You do understand this concept, don't you?

Uh, please explain it to me in shorter words and simpler sentences.

Meantime, millionaires are still millionaires after they pay their taxes.

The question I have for you is very simple:

"Why are you polishing their apples?"

Old 05-26-2009, 12:58 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Try Costa Rica. I wouldn't call them cheapskates when Obama's plan is to tax the rich to give to the poor.
They'll pay a lower percentage under Obama than they did under Reagan.

Poor milionaires! Having to take refuge in a banana republic.

Quote:
It might not be so bad if the government was fiscally responsible but we all know they are not..don't reign in spending..tax more instead.
You didn't notice the government's spendng problem until January 20th.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Uh, please explain it to me in shorter words and simpler sentences.

Meantime, millionaires are still millionaires after they pay their taxes.

The question I have for you is very simple:

"Why are you polishing their apples?"
Maybe because he has a nice job working for a small MILLIONAIRE business owner instead of being a gubmint employee?

Old 05-26-2009, 01:00 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
They'll pay a lower percentage under Obama than they did under Reagan.

Poor milionaires! Having to take refuge in a banana republic.

You didn't notice the government's spendng problem until January 20th.
This is about local/state taxes rate increases. Obama's rate increases haven't hit yet.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:03 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
last week I posted a link about New York, this week Maryland, liberals response will be.

Well if we increase taxes EVERYWHERE, they will have no where to go..
lol rep to you

Old 05-26-2009, 01:14 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,847,392 times
Leave it to conservatives too run with an opinion piece from possibly some Joe The Plummer and mock a nobel prize winning economist like Krugman. Their logic is baffling.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Leave it to conservatives too run with an opinion piece from possibly some Joe The Plummer and mock a nobel prize winning economist like Krugman. Their logic is baffling.
Krugman didn't win the nobel prize for anything related to this crisis, tax policy, etc. My specialization is in data mining, and I will be the first to inform you that I know very little (relatively speaking) on network theory. Economics doesn't have "jack of all trades".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies