Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 04:44 PM

472 posts, read 854,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Homosexuality is no more a 'disorder' than my having been born female.
Homosexuality is not normal and indeed defies nature. Otherwise we'd all be born one gender with the ability to reproduce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2010, 04:47 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
You don't know much about legal marriage do you?

When you get your marriage license, and both parties sign it, and its notarized, you are married, period. No ceremony needed.

The vows are just for show.

You can go before any priest in the country and take marriage vows, without a license, it means nothing legally.
I'm sorry you must be misreading the post I was talking about Civil Unions on a federal level.
I never said anyone need a ceremony for anything.

Old 11-04-2010, 04:52 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
BS if that’s the case then why haven't you Homosexuals went after Federal Civil Unions with all of the same rights as marriage?

Why do you try to fight for each state when the President of the United States of America is offering his endorsement for every right you claim you want?
Again, this has NOTHING to do with religious marriage. Civil marriage is a civil law that provides civil legal rights - it is not religious (it can't be).

As to the Civil Union/Marriage semantic debate - frankly, I could care less what you want to call it.

What people take issue with is why would you call an identical legal right one thing for one classification of people and another thing for a different classification of people. Why in god's name would we start using different legal terms for the same thing simply because they are being taken advantage of by different people.

When I get a drivers license, I'm given the legal rights that come with being able to drive. In the law we don't codify various equivalent terms by calling it a drivers license for straight white males, an automotive permission permit for black lesbians, a locomotion allowance slip for left-handed bisexual Asian midgets, etc, etc, etc.

Old 11-04-2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcm2010 View Post
Homosexuality is not normal and indeed defies nature. Otherwise we'd all be born one gender with the ability to reproduce.
What a horribly naive understanding of biology.

Old 11-04-2010, 04:55 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I didn't say that, YOU DID.
Homosexuality is a disorder and instead of accepting it as the norm. it should be treated.
Homosexuality is no longer considered to be a disorder, how can it be treated?

Old 11-04-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
What a horribly naive understanding of biology.
No, that's a fact.

Explain your opposition to what I said.

Old 11-04-2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Again, this has NOTHING to do with religious marriage. Civil marriage is a civil law that provides civil legal rights - it is not religious (it can't be).

As to the Civil Union/Marriage semantic debate - frankly, I could care less what you want to call it.

What people take issue with is why would you call an identical legal right one thing for one classification of people and another thing for a different classification of people. Why in god's name would we start using different legal terms for the same thing simply because they are being taken advantage of by different people.

When I get a drivers license, I'm given the legal rights that come with being able to drive. In the law we don't codify various equivalent terms by calling it a drivers license for straight white males, an automotive permission permit for black lesbians, a locomotion allowance slip for left-handed bisexual Asian midgets, etc, etc, etc.
So you're saying you don't care that it's called "civil union" or "marriage"?
Then what is all the fuss about???

Old 11-04-2010, 05:02 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,616,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Except gays and lesbians DON'T "have equal access as defined by the Constitution" in too many states in this country. You can marry the person YOU choose for yourself. They cannot.
I don't have the right to marry whomever I want. Where did you hear that?

Old 11-04-2010, 05:03 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
No, that's a fact.

Homosexual behavior in animals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

While I don't like Wiki, this is just the quickest easiest way. Want better sources, google it yourself, I doubt you will might shake your foundation.

Homosexuality has benefits to human society. Men and women not producing more of a burden on the community, but only offering work to supply. Perhaps they evolved more from large families, where one member who helped raise the children of the others, without producing their own was beneficial.

Lots of reasons why there are homosexuals, and loads of creatures other than humans that exhibit the behavior.

Its NATURAL

Old 11-04-2010, 05:04 PM

Quote:
No, that's a fact.

Well, first off your statement makes little sense:

"Homosexuality is not normal and indeed defies nature. Otherwise we'd all be born one gender with the ability to reproduce."

The first statement is just patently incorrect. Homosexuality is normal, and is found throughout nature - every higher animal species it's been looked for in exhibits some degree of homosexuality.

Your conclusion (based on a false premise) just makes no sense:

Homosexuality defies nature because if it didn't we'd be a species of singular gender capable of asexual reproduction.

What????????????????? Regardless of the correctness of your homosexuality and nature premise, the second part is just a wackadoodle conclusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies