Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 10:48 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Quit trying to spin things around!

Your mind is stuck on a one way street. What about the innocent civilians who
were picked up for just being at the wrong place, wrong time and they are
tortured and in some cases probably killed.

As a number of experts in the field of interrogation have stated that waterboarding
was less effective than the traditional means of outwitting your captive.
You have my attention!!

What innocent civilians were waterboarded, tortured, or killed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 10:51 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,053,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
They very much had that in mind, if anyone has read the legal arguments along with the legal definition of the word.

Anyone who thinks Cheney and Rumsfeld waterboarded people for the fun of it needs to have a reality checked, and anyone who spends time arguing that waterboarding = "legal" torture, is wasting their time. They can lobby that it SHOULD be torture, but that doesnt mean that it is..
not for fun, I hope they are not that diabolical, but it probably was not necessary.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:51 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,210,102 times
Quote:
So your claiming that people are to stupid to read what "rape" is, in order to know the definition of rape? No wonder why people dont want to stand on jury trials for things like rape and murder. Here I thought they just didnt want to be away from their homes, your telling me that they have to be raped or murdered in order understand the law and come to a conclusion that you came to..

Tell me when were you waterboarded to come to your conclusion?
Yep, I'll wait in line for that waterboard experience right after you so we can how shall I say, share notes...

Old 05-27-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
When did I ever say that was right? NEVER.
This dialogue is lost.

thank you
Thats what the liberals just dont understand.

Somehow they cant equate that if someone understands that waterboarding is not torture, they assume that the individual supports waterboarding.

Instead, I for example have spent lord knows how much time explaining why it is not waterboarding, and how "loops" were jumped through in order to point out these loops, so that these liberals would be better off spending their time calling for the law be changed so that legally, waterboarding can be deemed torture.

Our opinions are meaningless if the letter of the law was followed.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:53 AM

Quote:
You have my attention!!

What innocent civilians were waterboarded, tortured, or killed?
and how's living in that tent of yours? Getting smaller eh?

Old 05-27-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Yep, I'll wait in line for that waterboard experience right after you so we can how shall I say, share notes...
I'll wait in line for waterboarding, right after you wait in line for being the victim of a murderer, since according to you, the only way to be able to understand what the law says is to actually experience it.

Let me know when you have completed your "murdered" experiment, I promise I'll be waterboarded, and even if I proclaim it a horrible experience, or even if I then change my opinion and call it "torture", that doesnt mean that its torture. My opinion, nor Mancows opinion, does not dictate the law..

Old 05-27-2009, 10:57 AM

Quote:
and how's living in that tent of yours? Getting smaller eh?
mmm, I dont see any names there.. Want to try again, or does your argument stand at a lie?

p.s. nope, my "tent" keeps getting larger, 6,000 sf now, isolated yes, not smaller.. But then I dont care if I'm isolated, I dont need people around me to proclaim I said something cool.. I prefer to be accurate, not just make up things as I go along so that other kooks can high 5 me for being a kook..

Old 05-27-2009, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Thats what the liberals just dont understand.

Somehow they cant equate that if someone understands that waterboarding is not torture, they assume that the individual supports waterboarding.

Instead, I for example have spent lord knows how much time explaining why it is not waterboarding, and how "loops" were jumped through in order to point out these loops, so that these liberals would be better off spending their time calling for the law be changed so that legally, waterboarding can be deemed torture.

Our opinions are meaningless if the letter of the law was followed.
What this liberal understands is this and something you neoCONS don't. We are nation of laws much to your dismay... We do not distort the laws of this great nation to pursue an agenda/vendetta... Even the POTUS is not above the law and Holder has commented on... This is why Jay Bybee and his connection to the Bush Administration is in question... Read the Bybee Memo.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
What this liberal understands is this and something you neoCONS don't. We are nation of laws much to your dismay... We do not distort the laws of this great nation to pursue an agenda/vendetta... Even the POTUS is not above the law and Holder has commented on... This is why Jay Bybee and his connection to the Bush Administration is in question... Read the Bybee Memo.

Nation of laws that you think people who dont break them, are guilty of..

Unless you can name EXACTLY what law was broken, (and I think I've dusputed every one of them), your guilty of making baseless claims against your own argument.

Just because you THINK something is a law, doesnt make it so..

Old 05-27-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
I'll wait in line for waterboarding, right after you wait in line for being the victim of a murderer, since according to you, the only way to be able to understand what the law says is to actually experience it.

Let me know when you have completed your "murdered" experiment, I promise I'll be waterboarded, and even if I proclaim it a horrible experience, or even if I then change my opinion and call it "torture", that doesnt mean that its torture. My opinion, nor Mancows opinion, does not dictate the law..
You neoCONS are just so wrapped up in fear it is just mind boggling... Bush when we got hit on his watch mind you the worst attack on our soil in over 100 years goes into a reaction mode without clear thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies