Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 10:19 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times

Advertisements

The experience of Spain says the green jobs agenda destroys not creates new jobs, drives up consumer costs and that their example is not one to be followed.

Report: Study of the effects on employment of public aid to renewable
energy sources (by Universidad Rey Juan Carlos researchers)

You can read the executive summary (LESSONS FROM THE SPANISH RENEWABLES BUBBLE) here and the full repot follows if you want to get more into it:

http://www.juandemariana.org/pdf/090...-renewable.pdf

Since this is about performance and impact/experience of Spain's green jobs agenda as it relates to employment losses and consumer costs and how it has hindered their economic recovery and it's not about actual "green living" I'm posting it here in the Politics and Other Controversies forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 10:23 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,967,105 times
I guess the unemployed "capitalist pigs" will be green (with envy) over those who get cushy green gubmint jobs in their place.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:25 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
And with Obama promising 5,000,000 new "green" jobs to be created, this means that 11,250,000 jobs will be lost due to Obamas promise of "green" jobs.

And, since the new cap and trade will compensate each individual who loses their job due to the "green" movement, (I think the compensation is around $3,000), this means that the "green" movement will cost the taxpayers $33,750,000,000, and this is BEFORE the other new $3,000+ in new expenses for the average family..

Lets not even discuss that many of the "green" jobs are just temp jobs..

Old 05-27-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
I guess the unemployed "capitalist pigs" will be green (with envy) over those who get cushy green gubmint jobs in their place.
Thats the best argument you can come up with? You think this only affects "capitalistic pigs"? You would have been better off not responding instead of making a foolish comment showing your class envy and hatred for those facts that dont support the liberal adjenda..

Old 05-27-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Thats the best argument you can come up with? You think this only affects "capitalistic pigs"? You would have been better off not responding instead of making a foolish comment showing your class envy and hatred for those facts that dont support the liberal adjenda..
Dude, it's sarcasm.

I'm probably one of the most conservative free-market proponents on CD. The lesson learned is "behave and love your government and you might be blessed with a job working for them"

Old 05-27-2009, 10:32 AM

4,301 posts, read 7,031,604 times
Well Obama did say we would have to make a lot of sacrifices in order to have clean, renewable energy. I suppose our jobs are just one of those sacrifices..

Old 05-27-2009, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Dude, it's sarcasm.

I'm probably one of the most conservative free-market proponents on CD. The lesson learned is "behave and love your government and you might be blessed with a job working for them"
haha, You need to make it a little more obvious, I kept looking thinking, is that "view"? Making that comment?

See, I'm consistant, I attack all garbage..

haha

Old 05-27-2009, 10:36 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,713,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Well Obama did say we would have to make a lot of sacrifices in order to have clean, renewable energy. I suppose our jobs are just one of those sacrifices..
And once everyone has lost their jobs and we aren't emitting "harmful" gases into the atmosphere the Yellowstone Caldera will burst effectively nullifying everything that has been done.

Going green is such a sham... the Earth will rid itself of humans within its own natural course.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:37 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
So let's ignore trying to create jobs. Let's ignore "green", I personally don't give a damn that YOUR kid's and grandkids won't be able to breathe or find clean water.
Let's just keep going with what we have....no jobs lost THATway!!!

Let's follow Spain's alledgedly failed plan because the U.S. can never do better than another country.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So let's ignore trying to create jobs. Let's ignore "green", I personally don't give a damn that YOUR kid's and grandkids won't be able to breathe or find clean water.
Let's just keep going with what we have....no jobs lost THATway!!!

Let's follow Spain's alledgedly failed plan because the U.S. can never do better than another country.
The US would likely do WORSE than Spain. Considering that Spain has a much more cohesive and homogeneous culture, any social experiment replicated on this side of the pond will likely fare off worse.

Anyway, the point of the story is that green results in a net job loss. What will you say to those 5 people who lost their means of living?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies