Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2009, 07:17 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,327,021 times

Advertisements

Republicans eating their own. This is an American Disgrace.

"I’m asking (National) elected officials, community leaders, and citizens from whatever party affiliation, to speak up and to condemn this vile, cowardly attack on a distinguished veteran, his wife, and three sons serving in harm’s way." Richard J. LaRossa
Richard J. LaRossa can be reached via email at sendl1@verizon.net

Please pass this around to your mailing lists and some message boards. Lets stop this type of politics now!

After reading the full article, please email Governor Candidate Chris Christie and tell him how you feel.
Chris@ChristieforNJ.com
STagliabue@ChristieforNJ.com
SFila@ChristieforNJ.com

Phone his campaign office at: Tel. 862-579-3181

------------------------
A Republican Disgrace
By Richard J. LaRossa

Marcia Karrow picked a strange day to smear Mike Doherty.

Two years ago, the New Jersey GOP, lead by State Chairman Tom Wilson and Assembly Republican Leader Alex DeCroce, issued a statement condemning a Republican consultant for a direct mail piece “used as an attack on a colleague”, calling that attack “inappropriate and offensive” and “not representing the values embraced by our party.”

The statement went on to state that the consultant who produced the advertisement had “crossed a line and we believe it would no longer be appropriate for him to do work on behalf of any candidate running as a Republican in this state.”

Here we are two years later and a different Republican consultant has attacked a different colleague in an “inappropriate and offensive” way that, I hope, doesn’t represent “the values embraced by our party.” I’m still waiting to hear the GOP establishment’s moral outrage.

Here’s the story: Assemblyman Mike Doherty is challenging Senator Marcia Karrow in the 23rd district. Doherty is running with Steve Lonegan and Karrow is Christie.

Karrow chose Memorial Day weekend to put out a direct mailer and a robo-call that accused Mike Doherty of supporting "Surrender in Iraq".

This is the same Mike Doherty who, after graduating from West Point, served for eight years in the United States Army. Mike was a missile defense officer on the trip wire between the West and the Soviet Union.

Mike and his wife, Linda, have three grown sons in military service. Their son Ryan just returned from a tour of duty in Iraq with the United States Marine Corps. He will shortly be redeployed to Afghanistan. Their son Matt is set to be deployed to Iraq with the United States Army. Their son Jared is stationed on remote duty in another hot spot – near the North-South Korean border – with the U.S. Air Force.

READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE AT: West Point Grad, With Three Sons in Military, Trashed On Memorial Day Weekend
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 07:20 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Republicans have been eating their own for a long time now - easily since 2000, probably since 1992.
All I can really say is that I hope the reps implode and a new, conservative focused party emerges - one that is no longer run by the religious right or the neocons.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:04 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,849,962 times
WOW. The Republicans have been smearing the Ds for years as;

unpatriotic,
surrender monkeys,
collaborators,
anti-American,
traitors,
etc. And gladly paid their "consultants" to do it while laughing at the Ds. But boyo, let one of them try the same thing on one of their own and it's time to bring out the big guns.

Until I see hear or see some apologies from the Rs for the way they treated John Kerry and others, I'll just consider all of this as "crocodile tears".

golfgod

Old 05-27-2009, 09:10 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Agreed.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:14 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
WOW. The Republicans have been smearing the Ds for years as;

unpatriotic,
surrender monkeys,
collaborators,
anti-American,
traitors,
etc. And gladly paid their "consultants" to do it while laughing at the Ds. But boyo, let one of them try the same thing on one of their own and it's time to bring out the big guns.

Until I see hear or see some apologies from the Rs for the way they treated John Kerry and others, I'll just consider all of this as "crocodile tears".

golfgod
golfgod sure hits the spot.
Should we be sympathetic to the serpent beast that is eating its own tail?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies