Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 01:28 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,603,731 times

Advertisements

Woman Upset After American Flag Taken Down At Work - cbs11tv.com (http://cbs11tv.com/local/patriotism.at.office.2.1020415.html - broken link)

Now this beats anything I have heard. Our AMERICAN flag is now "offensive". According to people and patients at this North Texas Hospital, it is!

I bet if a Mexican had a Mexican Flag hanging in their office, noone would have said a peep.

Sad!! Very Very SAD!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 01:35 AM

345 posts, read 641,482 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-emigrant.html

Search is your friend.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:41 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,603,731 times
Well the "search" feature on this site isnt the most reliable.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:48 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,840,091 times
Can anyone imagine the hue and cry if an employee or supervisor removed a photograph of Martin Luther King from someone's cubicle? Every black activist in the country would be screaming for blood and crying racism. The real problem in my mind is that the wishes of a single individual superceded those of the many. One wacko complains about the flag of our country and down it comes? Whatever happened to the rule of the majority?

Old 05-28-2009, 09:52 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,581,141 times
Hop on the bus Gus...goodbye..won't miss ya..people like that just itchin to go on a long one way trip somewhere..I'll send them..

Old 05-28-2009, 10:04 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,327,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Woman Upset After American Flag Taken Down At Work - cbs11tv.com (http://cbs11tv.com/local/patriotism.at.office.2.1020415.html - broken link)

Now this beats anything I have heard. Our AMERICAN flag is now "offensive". According to people and patients at this North Texas Hospital, it is!

I bet if a Mexican had a Mexican Flag hanging in their office, noone would have said a peep.

Sad!! Very Very SAD!!

A 3 x 5 flag on a pole in almost any non-government building is a eye sore. Any flag or other item that is not part of the business function can be removed by the business. Hopefully her performance review will suffer by her actions and the media attention it drew to the hospital. (they let her keep it......read the article)

You work for the company. Their building, Their office, Their computers, Their walls, Their chairs, Their phones, Their rules.

Last edited by plannine; 05-28-2009 at 10:38 AM..

Old 05-28-2009, 10:18 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,663,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrover View Post
Can anyone imagine the hue and cry if an employee or supervisor removed a photograph of Martin Luther King from someone's cubicle? Every black activist in the country would be screaming for blood and crying racism. The real problem in my mind is that the wishes of a single individual superceded those of the many. One wacko complains about the flag of our country and down it comes? Whatever happened to the rule of the majority?

Majority doesnt rule in this case. But the American flag is not a "right"
But I find nothing offensive with a flag even if it's mexican. But I really dont think it needed to be taken down after all it is the countries flag.
Many individuals like to attack the symbols of our country for whatever personal reasons they have. When it comes to a court of law the american flag would be right back up.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:23 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,034,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrover View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Majority doesnt rule in this case. But the American flag is not a "right"
But I find nothing offensive with a flag even if it's mexican. But I really dont think it needed to be taken down after all it is the countries flag.
Many individuals like to attack the symbols of our country for whatever personal reasons they have. When it comes to a court of law the american flag would be right back up.
Whatever happens...DO NOT read the article.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:25 AM

486 posts, read 980,887 times
"Offensive" I don't see how, big, yes, that's quite a big flag.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:26 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,327,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Whatever happens...DO NOT read the article.

They won't. Not required.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies