Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 10:01 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,835,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Criminals walk over you? Get a grip..You act as if no white man has ever "gotten off"..There's never outrage or media coverage of that. By the way, Vick is finising a 2 year prison term.
vick is a born loser, just like his brother. he'll be cell mates with his loser brother one day.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:01 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,883,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
I don't think this has ever been a problem in this country............
I agree there is a lot of racism. No denying it. Look at how quick people were ready to accept the Ashley Todd story. OTOH just because there are a lot of bigoted, ignorant people, it doesn't mean we need to treat a Black criminal with kid gloves.

You say it doesn't happen and then I start to think of the thugs who nearly beat Reginald Denny to death and got off. I'm not so sure the jury felt O.J. was innocent. Fear goes a long way. BTW, call me what you want, but I marched for Civil Rights in the 60s and 70s and I almost got arrested for standing up for equal rights.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:02 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,835,363 times
Quote:
Shouldn't you be waiting for one from the DA?

Didn't know you were on the Duke Lacrosse team? I know you know and do EVERYTHING but damn.
I wonder if jackson followed through in paying for the whores education.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:03 AM

716 posts, read 1,118,164 times
Quote:
Brawley was 15, all these other people are "mature" adults..This is just a continuation of what has happened to black men since slavery. A white woman cries(lies) that a black man harmed her and a lynch mob appears. It is despicable when it happens to anybody but it damn near always goes one way.
Her mom did set that whole thing up, but you're right, its way more likely to be one way. I remember the Charles Stuart case well growing up in Boston. They should make an example of her to discourage any of this crap.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:03 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,586,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I agree that there is a lot of racism. No denying it. Look at how quick people were ready to accept the Ashley Todd story. OTOH just because there's a lot of bigoted, ignorant people, it doesn't mean we need to treat a Black criminal with kid gloves.
I'm still waiting to see an example of that happening. America tends to err on the side of treating black non-criminals as if they are criminals.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:04 AM

1,271 posts, read 4,018,393 times
But this type of thing doesn't happen anymore. It's all in our heads, were overreacting, are too sensitive, or love to play the victim role, right? This poor excuse of a woman, mother, human being is obviously still walking around with the same oppressive mentality that many in her community still possess.

This woman doesn't deserve to live freely, let alone raise a child. I can see her daughter doing the same thing to some innocent black child in the very near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrackly View Post
FBI: Philly woman faked abduction, took daughter to Disney instead -- OrlandoSentinel.com

I find it really unsettling that it's still so easy for a White woman to claim harm from Black attackers and the public accepts it hook, line , and sinker. I wonder how many men in Philadelphia were shaken down by police for this incident.
This has been perpetrated by a woman murdering her kids and a Boston man disposing of his pregnant wife. Both cases prompted subsequent arrests and releases of supposed Black attackers. Sad how quickly we give in to racial profiling even today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Stuart_(murderer)
This Day in History 1994: Susan Smith reports a false carjacking to cover her murder

Old 05-28-2009, 10:05 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,507,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
If Sharpton had a royalty agreement with the Internet - a penny for every time his name was mentioned - dude would be the world's richest man.

Just behind Bush and Rush.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:06 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,469,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I agree there is a lot of racism. No denying it. Look at how quick people were ready to accept the Ashley Todd story. OTOH just because there are a lot of bigoted, ignorant people, it doesn't mean we need to treat a Black criminal with kid gloves.

You say it doesn't happen and then I start to think of the thugs who beat up Reginald Denny and got off.
Hello, Who is saying this? There were NO BLACK CRIMINALS.

I'm not sure what happened with the Reginald Deny case(those guys should've gotten long sentences) but wasn't that a result of Rodney King getting the snot beat out of him on camera and the white cops being acquitted?

Bad example.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
vick is a born loser, just like his brother. he'll be cell mates with his loser brother one day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
I wonder if jackson followed through in paying for the whores education.
What does this have to do with anything? Please stop and trying to change the subject of the OP.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Just behind Bush and Rush.
Conservatives bring up Rush....Libs/Blacks never raise Sharpton because we think for ourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.