Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 10:09 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I agree there is a lot of racism. No denying it. Look at how quick people were ready to accept the Ashley Todd story. OTOH just because there are a lot of bigoted, ignorant people, it doesn't mean we need to treat a Black criminal with kid gloves.

You say it doesn't happen and then I start to think of the thugs who nearly beat Reginald Denny to death and got off.
They got off? Four of those guys went to jail; "Football" is still doing time (he served time for beating up Denny, got out and now is doing 40-plus years for another killing).

Please do some research before throwing b.s. out into the miasma..........

Old 05-28-2009, 10:10 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,842,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Hello, Who is saying this? There were NO BLACK CRIMINALS.

I'm not sure what happened with the Reginald Deny case(those guys should've gotten long sentences) but wasn't that a result of Rodney King getting the snot beat out of him on camera and the white cops being acquitted?

Bad example.
king was and is a sack of crap. denny was just some truck driver.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
king was and is a sack of crap. denny was just some truck driver.
King did not deserve the beatdown he got from those cops; I don't give two damns what he did. And that incident was just another typical encounter between a black L.A. man and the blue gang known as the LAPD.

15,154 posts, read 11,621,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Blacks in this country are punished more harshly than are whites for crimes big, small, alleged, or imagined.

Suppress that.

Where did you get that tripe from? Totally false.

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
Quote:
Conservatives bring up Rush....Libs/Blacks never raise Sharpton because we think for ourselves.
the most ridiculous post of the week. thanks for the laughs. the party of the greater good that rejects the individual thinks for themselves. now I've heard it all.

on topic. who cares about race. charge the woman with a crime. race isn't the factor here. the woman is just a liar.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Where did you get that tripe from? Totally false.
It's called "American History 101"

Old 05-28-2009, 10:14 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
They got off? Four of those guys went to jail; "Football" is still doing time (he served time for beating up Denny, got out and now is doing 40-plus years for another killing).

Please do some research before throwing b.s. out into the miasma..........
If I'm wrong I'll apologize, but I better look this up. I remember this case very well, because I debated with a Black friend about it. I'm a very fair person. Give me a little time. IIRC there was chaos and businesses were burning down, and the defense was that people got "caught up in the moment."

This is going too far off topic. The OP is about a crazy person who used race to fabricate a story. I didn't say it was right, only that we need to err on the side of caution and not worry about being politically correct, especially if a child's life is in danger.

Last edited by justNancy; 05-28-2009 at 10:26 AM.. Reason: fix spelling

Old 05-28-2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:
King did not deserve the beatdown he got from those cops; I don't give two damns what he did. And that incident was just another typical encounter between a black L.A. man and the blue gang known as the LAPD.

he didn't deserve the amount of beating he got, but he deserved a beatdown. .19, high speed chase, on parole, shot with taser and still charged at them. king is a lifetime loser. don't really have a lot of sympathy for him.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:15 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,514,783 times
Quote:
Conservatives bring up Rush....

Well I never said you werent funny. Good one.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
he didn't deserve the amount of beating he got, but he deserved a beatdown. .19, high speed chase, on parole, shot with taser and still charged at them. king is a lifetime loser. don't really have a lot of sympathy for him.
The police allegedly train in tactics to humanely restrain suspects. This dude was beaten to a pulp. They should have put the man down, restrained him and taken him to jail. They did not need to do what they did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies