Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2009, 07:05 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,950,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
That's a pretty big leap, bub! When did I (or anyone else) say anything like that?

Responsibility is relative. Paying for ones health care with prudent planning and intelligent interest can alleviate much of the problems associated with it. Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine. Responsibility is the issue and it translates to all areas. The fact that people think having that cool I-pod or "sweet" ride is more important than budgeting for the possibility of a medical expense is nothing more than irresponsible behavior by children who were never taught to own up to their own choices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
LOL, ok Nomander whatever you say. I wonder what you would say if your nose were removed in an accident, & you were w/out insurance, do you think you'd be satisfied living w/out a nose & just have 2 nasal cavities? Me thinks you would not. Good laugh though.

Logical fallacy, take a logic class. Next...

Old 05-31-2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
You rock!

Everyone unlike you sucks.

Your personal history is absolutely meaningless in the scope of the healthcare system. Get over yourself.
Logical fallacy. Next.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:09 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,617,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Responsibility is relative. Paying for ones health care with prudent planning and intelligent interest can alleviate much of the problems associated with it. Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine. Responsibility is the issue and it translates to all areas. The fact that people think having that cool I-pod or "sweet" ride is more important than budgeting for the possibility of a medical expense is nothing more than irresponsible behavior by children who were never taught to own up to their own choices.
We get that you pulled yourself up by your bootstraps and made it on your own, and now you won't give anything to anybody - they can do as you did - or die...

Next...

Old 05-31-2009, 07:10 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
You can't pay for much health care for the price of an I-pod. I have no idea what you're talking about re: "sweet" ride. Do you mean a car? You'd be hard put to live w/o a car in most parts of the US. I have worked among poor people, as a public health nurse, and believe me, the stereotypes you believe are just plain wrong. Most poor people aren't driving late-model cars, not even Toyota Corrollas or Honda Civics. They're driving older cars, if they have a car at all.

9,763 posts, read 10,526,388 times
Quote:
It's not about you, dude. That's the reality you can't seem to grasp.

4,176 posts, read 6,334,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
All this paranoia aside, I was just wondering why you'd tell someone to move to a communist state in a topic on healthcare.
It wasn't meant to you. It was for someone else who said that the money we earn is NOT ours, so long as the Government sees fit to tax it. That's a scary thought; it's our money. We earn it, they tax it. Had we not earned the money, it wouldn't exist.

In retrospect, it was a hastily written comment. Maybe I can delete it, thought that line of thought concerning. Our Government has proven incompetent in nearly all of its divisions. Giving it control over Healthcare is the last thing I want.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:13 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,526,388 times
Quote:
Logical fallacy. Next.
I didn't know sarcasm was a logical fallacy?

Old 05-31-2009, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
It's NOT your money if the government sees fit to tax it... sorry - but that's the way it goes...

And if you are currently on Social Security, and you retired over 10 years ago - you are effectively on welfare - you paid far less into the system than you are taking out... Care to redress that inequality???? I think not...

I am so sick and tired of greedy 'I've got mine - everyone else can drop dead' types like yourself..
It is not your right if the government sees fit to remove it. It is not your life, if the government sees fit to take it.

Never taken a drop of government money. I never once used unemployment, never once used government assistance. As for SS, don't plan to draw it. Next...

Old 05-31-2009, 07:14 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,334,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
That's just more propaganda spewed by the likes of Hannity and Limbaugh and others who are unconditionally against entitlements for the masses and who continue to spew half-truths and examples of failure elsewhere...

There are examples of successful UHC - check out the information in this Frontline series and you will see that UHC has been very successfully employed elseswhere. Personally, I hope we gravitate towards a Germany (Bismark) model...

news + public affairs player: video
Why would anyone favor entitlements for the masses? If people are less well off than others, it's not the Government's job to make up the difference. We have people moving in and out of the different income quintiles left and right.

Look at where foreigners come from top quality care. They come to American at places like Hopkins, Cleveland, Mayo, etc. We are the leaders in medical and pharmaceutical innovations. If you take away the profit motive, you're going to get less innovation.

If you live in NY, you should be familiar with Big Government brining a state to its knees. NY was just rated the 50th in the nation in terms of Economic outlook moving forward. How is a Government already massively in debt going to fund this Healthcare plan? Tax the rich more? They're already overtaxed (and I'm not one of them, btw). Eventually, the highest earners will stop producing b/c it's not worth the hassle and they don't need the money. What then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies