Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2009, 07:33 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
We get that you pulled yourself up by your bootstraps and made it on your own, and now you won't give anything to anybody - they can do as you did - or die...

Next...
giving requires a choice on my part, don't mistake that. You are takers, thieves if you will taking as you like and spending as you will. Make no mistake, you are not heroes of the people, but villains of your own individual desires.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 07:36 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,617,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
I am in your position. I could quite easily pull up the drawbridge and say that people without healthcare have none through their own fault. I know differntly though. I would pay more tax to help my American cousins. I have been welcomed here with open arms by everyone. To see these self rightous arrogant people on here turns my stomach. That wasn't how my Mum and Dad brought me up and they would be ashamed of me if a had the arrogant opinions shown by some of the posters on here.
Thank you!!! Well stated... and I'm glad that you came to this country...

I think we all need to be our brothers keepers to some extent - or we all descend into survival of the fittest...

Those who are well off and willing to give more for the good of the country and their fellow man are to be congratulated... especially in regards to a need so basic as health care.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:37 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,846,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
giving requires a choice on my part, don't mistake that. You are takers, thieves if you will taking as you like and spending as you will. Make no mistake, you are not heroes of the people, but villains of your own individual desires.
We are the takers? How do you work that one out?
I am willing to pay tax for the good of my fellow Brit or American. You, on the other hand, have the "I gave at the office" attitude. so saddddd

Old 05-31-2009, 07:38 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times
Quote:
The fact that neither of you can recognize this as a rights issue merely means you have sold your freedom down the road.

When madison said:

He was talking about politicians selling this line to you and your girlfriend. That they could capitalize on your self interest as a means to inflict majority views on the minority

That is not individual thinkers, it is merely appealing to the greed of peoples desires. Tell them what they want to hear, feed it and they will hang their own child to achieve it. I pity you and your girlfriend as you have become nothing more than money grabbers chasing after a cart that is leaking money. Such a shame.
Delusional.

UHC exists in the rest of the industrialized world. Communism isn't on the march. Democracy is safe. People are healthy. And it costs them far less than us.

I'm a "money grabber chasing after a cart that is leaking money?" LMFAO You are too funny. Thanks for the laugh.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:39 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,617,345 times
Quote:
Just curious... do you consider that those who force you to pay FICA taxes on your wages are stealing from you???

Do you consider having to pay income or property taxes a form of stealing from you???

Old 05-31-2009, 07:40 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,846,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Delusional.

UHC exists in the rest of the industrialized world. Communism isn't on the march. Democracy is safe. People are healthy. And it costs them far less than us.

I'm a "money grabber chasing after a cart that is leaking money?" LMFAO You are too funny. Thanks for the laugh.
Why are we wasting our breath? Obviously Facts will never get in the way of his argument.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:41 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times
Quote:
This is starting to sound like a '30s radio show.

"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?"

Ohhhh...scary...How can I break free from my evil desirous internal villian? Shadow? Do you know?

Old 05-31-2009, 07:42 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
I have to conclude then that you are against:

Social Security
Medicare
Unemployment Insurance
Homeless shelters (govt sponsored)
Meals on Wheels (govt sponsored)
School lunch subsidy program
Food Stamps
All forms of welfare

pretty much the entire 'New Deal' plus every entitlement added since then...

I suggest that you read David Copperfield...

Pure capitalism is a very brutal system - which is what you are very close to if you remove all the 'entitlements' that exist today...
I'm not against all entitlements, but do think that people do better when they rely on themselves than on the Government, which has proven its incompetence over and over again.

Look at the effect of all the stimuli and bailouts. They have gotten us nowhere and we have lost Trillions in the process. GM is declaring bankruptcy in about 10 hours, after we poured Billions of Dollars into them. Anyone with any sense of reality knew they would be going Bankrupt soon. There is no way they would turn around their company in 3 months, especially in this environment. Bush's stimulus (rebate checks) failed. The Fannie and Freddie bailout failed. The TARP failed. The ARRA (Obama's stimulus in February, $ 787 Billion) is failing and has done nothing to help the Economy.

Had the Government stimulus consisted of shrinking Government and decreasing taxes and regulation, my guess is that it would have had some positive effect. The ARRA has been ineffective, as predicted.

Just look at the Government programs and ask if they are successful. Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid will soon run out of funds. The Public Education system is a mess (in many districts). The DMV and Post Office speak for themselves. The states have Billion Dollar Deficits and the Federal Government is running a current year deficit of $ 2 Trillion. The National Debt is around $ 12 Trillion (and growing, rapidly)! The unfunded liabilities for SS and Medicare/Medicaid are $ 50 Trillion + moving forward. I don't have the exact number, but I know many states have Billions of $$ in unfunded liabilities for public sector employees (many of whom are unionized).

Look at the Big Government high tax states in America. How are they doing? California, NY, NJ, IL, MD, CT, MA and others are in very bad shape. People have been leaving the Northeast left and right for more business friendly states.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:42 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
the rich pay most of the taxes already
They pay higher taxes relative to their income, they do not pay the most taxes.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:43 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Logical fallacy, take a logic class. Next...
LOL, are not YOU the one who came up w/the "no nose" story? Answer the question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies