U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-01-2009, 08:47 PM
 
Location: London UK & Florida USA
7,921 posts, read 8,333,329 times
Reputation: 2053

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambintime View Post
I am in Florida. Maybe i can get thibgs going here. we could start a America wide campaign, that would be cool. i know my buddies would love to help. i will show them your link
You never know we might start a movement lol.
You have actually made me think about getting involved. It will be nice to be able to use my knowledge of a UHC and maybe show people how it really works and how cheap it is.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-01-2009, 09:00 PM
 
Location: um....guess
10,478 posts, read 14,619,087 times
Reputation: 1833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
The United States has the best health care of anywhere on the Planet - bar none.
I agree, we do have great doctors here. However, how do you account for the numerous people who go to different countries to get health care?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2009, 09:17 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,106 posts, read 37,026,119 times
Reputation: 4924
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I agree, we do have great doctors here. However, how do you account for the numerous people who go to different countries to get health care?
I could ask you the question - why do people from those countries come to the US for Health Care?

To answer your question though - cost is often the reason.

And the health care you speak of is more often than not "necessary" - as an example - plastic surgeries for body enhancements (not merely breasts). There is an resort in South Africa that specializes in major plastic surgeries (like body lifts) where the person stays until all the bruising and swelling goes down and the patient can take a Safari while they are there -
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2009, 09:18 PM
 
Location: um....guess
10,478 posts, read 14,619,087 times
Reputation: 1833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I could ask you the question - why do people from those countries come to the US for Health Care?

To answer your question though - cost is often the reason.

And the health care you speak of is more often than not "necessary" - as an example - plastic surgeries for body enhancements (not merely breasts). There is an resort in South Africa that specializes in major plastic surgeries (like body lifts) where the person stays until all the bruising and swelling goes down and the patient can take a Safari while they are there -
I was actually thinking of people going to other countries for surgeries other than plastic surgery. Didn't Farrah Fawcett just go to Germany for treatment for her cancer?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2009, 09:19 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,106 posts, read 37,026,119 times
Reputation: 4924
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I was actually thinking of people going to other countries for surgeries other than plastic surgery. Didn't Farrah Fawcett just go to Germany for treatment for her cancer?
Yes, that's right. She did. It was an experimental treatment not offered in the US.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top