U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 12:39 PM

10,478 posts, read 14,658,380 times

Advertisements

Whew, am I glad I don't personally know anyone as selfish & hateful as some of you. Imagine, getting upset about making sure all of your fellow citizens have healthcare, just as you do. How much of a jerk off view of life is that? God forbid any of you actually give a rats butt about others, you're too busy being ****** off. Man, I am such a better person than some of you & I'm so glad I am. And I'm so glad my friends & family are better than you too, makes my life just that much sweeter.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 12:40 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,175 posts, read 5,512,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
So, you support the private sector taking control of police, fire and the military?

(It's a yes or no question.)

sure. fedex does a better job than the post office. the biggest difference between the government and the private sector, is if the private sector fails, they go out of business. when the government fails, they just extort more money.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
I have broken several bones without going to the doctor. I fractured my skull, which I am sure is obvious by some of my posts, and I didn't go to the doctor. I used a stapler and super glue to put my head back together. I found out about it when I thought I was going to die because my blood pressure was so high. they gave me a MRI and discovered the skull fracture. if I was on my death bed, I might go to the doctor, but I can live in pain. plus I do have $4000 handy, and if people don't, they need to manage their finances better.
Yeah, ok

Old 05-29-2009, 12:41 PM

1,047 posts, read 2,222,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
But I like the right to universal affordable healthcare as well.
Whether or not you like it is moot. I like the right to free Cheezits.

Just because we like something doesn't mean the government should provide it at the expense of the taxpayers.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:42 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,175 posts, read 5,512,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Yeah, ok
excellent, well thought out response. the emoticon queen.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny B. Fury View Post
Three very different services compared to a doctor's visit. Your house burns to the ground, the fire department (tax dollars) doesn't buy you a new house. Your house is burglarized, the police department (tax dollars) doesn't replace your door or windows. So why should universal health coverage (taxpayer dollars) pay for unclogging your arteries when you have a heart attack?
You do realize that diseases fall on people who are perfectly healthy, right? It's not just those whose lifestyle you disapprove of.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:43 PM

486 posts, read 927,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny B. Fury View Post
Lets first get back to the basics:

. The poor already have healthcare insurance as well (although the ultimate goal is to take them out of poverty).
I'm taking that you are talking about Medicaid? Well, let me put it this way: the income level for people to be eligible for Medicaid is so ridiculous that most people (at least those who live in places with high cost of living) are not eligible for it. Further they are not able to afford private health insurance either, too expensive. Often those same unfortunate people don't have jobs with health benefits. What are we supposed to do for them? Let them die? Here is an example:
Medicaid

Now tell me how is a family of 4 supposed to survive on less than $15K a year? Oh wait, if you read lower here it extended benefits to those who make up to a little over $22K (family of 4), wow, so someone making $25K a year go on and get your own insurance.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
excellent, well thought out response. the emoticon queen.
:cr ying:

Old 05-29-2009, 12:44 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,945,492 times
Quote:
I have broken several bones without going to the doctor. I fractured my skull, which I am sure is obvious by some of my posts, and I didn't go to the doctor. I used a stapler and super glue to put my head back together. I found out about it when I thought I was going to die because my blood pressure was so high. they gave me a MRI and discovered the skull fracture. if I was on my death bed, I might go to the doctor, but I can live in pain. plus I do have $4000 handy, and if people don't, they need to manage their finances better.
What other functions of government should be based on your personal experiences?

Let's try my experience. Since I single-handedly subdued an attacker, no one is afforded police protection/response. I like it! Since I own fire extinguishers and a garden hose, all fire departments are now closed. I like it, I like it!!!

Old 05-29-2009, 12:45 PM

13,180 posts, read 14,049,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Worley View Post
Whether or not you like it is moot. I like the right to free Cheezits.

Just because we like something doesn't mean the government should provide it at the expense of the taxpayers.
Very true! I know! We'll just solve our differences at the ballot box.

I'm going to vote for and promote universal single payer healthcare and you can vote for and promote whatever free market, libertarian, answer to that you can come up with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies