U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2009, 01:14 PM

10,478 posts, read 14,646,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
good. we're even now. I assumed that about you after reading your first yippie rant.
LOL, you remember that far back? Good for you!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 01:18 PM

519 posts, read 643,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gf1025 View Post
It's hardly motivation. There are people who work very hard, even with college degrees who make $25K a year. Less say two people marry and they both make $25K a year with a degree in let's say English or Art (for arguments sake) fresh out of college trying to get their first jobs. You are telling me that these people spent 4 years of their lives studying and just because they happen to choose a major that won't give them a superb paying job or even one with health benefits they should be denied all coverage because they are not considered poor. Oh wait, they aren't denied coverage but private health insurance is so expensive you might as well tell them, sorry, you are not allowed to get sick. Go on, die, because you fall right in the middle.
Sorry, that's hardly a motivating factor. Your income doesn't always reflect your "motivation". By the way, I'm not affected by this personaly but I see this happen to countless number of Americans and it is not right to leave them out.
I'll use your example. A couple with a combined income of $50K is responsible for their own lifestyle. With that being said, that couple was also capable of making the decision of what to study in college. If they chose low-paying majors, then they should be prepared to make due with whatever income they can acquire. If that means not keeping up with the Jones's to pay for health insurance, then so be it. My point? Personal responsibility should dictate life decisions, instead of making life decisions that cause us to fall short in meeting our financial obligations, and thus relying on the government to pick up the rest of the tab. THAT is what is killing this nation. Everyone is expecting government to cover the tab, no matter what bad decisions we make.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:19 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,937,119 times
Quote:
like our bankrupt federal retirement plan? how's that working out?
Like the Iraq War? How's that working out? Like the price of rice in China? How we doin' with that?
Quote:
we have more people than those places like norway that the left idolizes. facts are facts.
Japan has more people than Norway. I'm sure you'll be on the spot with data showing how Japan's system is inherently inferior to Norway's because of population.

Oh...I only idolize drug addicted, alcoholic, compulsive gambling trust fund babies.
Quote:
UHC will do exactly what I said it will. it will ensure that the middle class waits in line behine illegals and welfare babies, while the rich get a totally different level of service. universal indeed.
Wow! You're my idol. Who's going to win the World Series?

How would your astute prediction play out? Will our driver's licenses now contain a new category: middle-class/illegal alien/welfare baby?

Old 05-29-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
my dad was a SES in the federal government and he used to tell me that some of the people they hire are scary. the government is so full of worthless people who know they can't get fired it's absurd.
My dad says differently. And my dad can beat up your dad.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:21 PM

7,139 posts, read 13,858,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Do you write Harlequin Romance books by chance?

Your rhetoric is emotionally delicious. Just fabulous. Fabulous.

No, but I would certainly rather be writing romance trash than having to witness first-hand day after day the ruination of our health care system. Unless you are the CEO of a hospital, noone here is closer to the dire problems in medicine. I say little here, because the truth is very frightening, something health care professionals are barraged with on a daily basis. So my "rhetoric" may seem delicious to you, but believe me, what is coming is truly a stench in the nostrils of those on the front lines of medicine.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:23 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,175 posts, read 5,507,940 times
Quote:
My dad says differently. And my dad can beat up your dad.
we have concealed weapons permits in my family. your dad wouldn't get off a punch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
No, but I would certainly rather be writing romance trash than having to witness first-hand day after day the ruination of our health care system. Unless you are the CEO of a hospital, noone on here is closer to the dire problems in medicine. I say little here, because the truth is very frightening, something health care professionals are barraged with on a daily basis. So my "rhetoric" may seem delicious to you, but believe me, what is coming is truly a stench in the nostrils of those on the front lines of medicine.
I love you! Will you marry me?

13,180 posts, read 14,035,819 times
is truly a stench in the nostrils of those on the front lines of medicine.

Give it a rest Emily Dickenson.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
we have concealed weapons permits in my family. your dad wouldn't get off a punch.
My dad flies an F/A-18. You won't know what hits you.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:25 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,175 posts, read 5,507,940 times
Quote:
Like the Iraq War? How's that working out? Like the price of rice in China? How we doin' with that?

Japan has more people than Norway. I'm sure you'll be on the spot with data showing how Japan's system is inherently inferior to Norway's because of population.

Oh...I only idolize drug addicted, alcoholic, compulsive gambling trust fund babies.

Wow! You're my idol. Who's going to win the World Series?

How would your astute prediction play out? Will our driver's licenses now contain a new category: middle-class/illegal alien/welfare baby?
this post makes absolutely no sense. are you drinking? the iraq war? trust fund babies? um, what? the iraq war is a joke duh.

are you telling me once they get UHC into place, that everyone with aids is going to get the magic johnson treatment? glory glory, barry cured aids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies