Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2009, 08:13 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,302,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
You probably have employer paid health insurance. Ever ask yourself what will happen to you if your employer wants to restructure your insurance? In other words empower you by making you pay for all of your healthcare out of your own wages?. Ever hear of a healthcare savings acounts?

Most people who are working, actually "working" would pay for their own healthcare if need be.

I am with her that the typical "welfare" person expects the "working" people to pay for their healthcare. So why should I pay for some lazy ass bums healthcare so they can eat twinkies and get even fatter on my free food?

Why do people defend the lazy bums and always come back with what would you do?

The question should be directed at the welfare bums. Why are you not working and paying for your OWN food and health care.

I pay for my own healthcare, why cant you? Its called work a job or two or three to pay for it.

No more freebies and no taxes on my health care to pay for someone to eat free food and get so fat they have to have a handicap sticker in their windows to walk into the store to get more twinkies?

Dump welfare, dump all free healthcare and dump everything that you do not or have not EARNED by WORKING.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 08:29 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Most people who are working, actually "working" would pay for their own healthcare if need be.
I am with her that the typical "welfare" person expects the "working" people to pay for their healthcare. So why should I pay for some lazy ass bums healthcare so they can eat twinkies and get even fatter on my free food?

The question should be directed at the welfare bums. Why are you not working and paying for your OWN food and health care.

I pay for my own healthcare, why cant you? Its called work a job or two or three to pay for it.

No more freebies and no taxes on my health care to pay for someone to eat free food and get so fat they have to have a handicap sticker in their windows to walk into the store to get more twinkies?

Dump welfare, dump all free healthcare and dump everything that you do not or have not EARNED by WORKING.
Ya think? I work in a dr's office, and I beg to differ. If the ins. doesn't pay for a drug, pt wants something else. If the ins. won't pay for a procedure, pt. doesn't want to get it done. ETC.

Your contempt for your fellow human beings is astounding!

Old 05-30-2009, 08:40 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,524,261 times
Quote:

The lazy bums argument. How original.

Why are so many people obsessed with these mythical "lazy bums?"

Old 05-30-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post

Mytical? Where do you get that at?

So all the welfare bums, now in their 4th generations are mythical?

Boy you need a reality check.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:42 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,689,797 times
Quote:

Maybe because they're not all mythical?

There's a good share of them that seem to be comfy in their welfare program (or they wouldn't stay on it and we'd see the numbers shrinking).

Old 05-30-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Ya think? I work in a dr's office, and I beg to differ. If the ins. doesn't pay for a drug, pt wants something else. If the ins. won't pay for a procedure, pt. doesn't want to get it done. ETC.

Your contempt for your fellow human beings is astounding!
We simply cannot pay for everyone else's healthcare.

It is not my job to pay for your health care.

We need to find a way to make each and every person who is healthy enough to work to pay for their own instead of allowing them to sit back and be a blood sucking freebie case.

We have far to many healthy people who are on welfare and free health care and it needs to stop.

No more free anything. I have to pay for it and so should you.

Every single person needs to be responsible for themselves. We need to stop rewardiing losers and bums and get them to actually get a real job!

Old 05-30-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:

2008, 52.6% of all Americans received some form of welfare. This is ridiculous.

Add that to the 45% of all Americans who are not paying a single dime in taxes and we have gone to far.

Time to line them up and do a heathcare check and put them to work.

Can you imagine the money we could save if we forced the bums to actually work for their free stuff?

They do not need to draw a paycheck, they need to simply give back to us by working out their freebies.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:49 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
Quote:
We simply cannot pay for everyone else's healthcare.

It is not my job to pay for your health care.

<snip>
No more free anything. I have to pay for it and so should you.

Every single person needs to be responsible for themselves. We need to stop rewardiing losers and bums and get them to actually get a real job!

I do not recall asking you to pay for my health care, bub!

It would help if all jobs offered health insurance, instead of relying on medicaid for their low-wage workers.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:52 PM

Quote:

2008, 52.6% of all Americans received some form of welfare. This is ridiculous.
52.6% of Americans are lazy bums? LMAO!!!!

Old 05-30-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Mytical? Where do you get that at?

So all the welfare bums, now in their 4th generations are mythical?

Boy you need a reality check.
No, I need some data? Got any numbers SD?

Here, I have some: TANF - Caseload Data

Look through those numbers and get back to me with support for your argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies