Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 12:56 PM

519 posts, read 688,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
CBS News Poll 4/1-5/2009

"Would you be willing or not willing to pay higher taxes so that all Americans have health insurance they can't lose, no matter what?"

Willing.....57% Not Willing 38%....... Unsure ..5%
Scientific poll or "text your vote and we'll call it scientific"?

I don't doubt it, but i'd like to see a link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 01:00 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny B. Fury View Post
Scientific poll or "text your vote and we'll call it scientific"?

I don't doubt it, but i'd like to see a link.
Well of course! I always back up my claims.

I wish the OP would do the same??? And whoever I asked to back up the claim that universal healthcare on the scale of the USA is not feasible, could back up that claim???

But this is what these boards are about...informed liberals with objective data trying to get scared paranoid wingnuts to back up their wild notions...LOL

Here you go....Health Policy

Old 05-29-2009, 01:01 PM

486 posts, read 984,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny B. Fury View Post
How did I miss the point? You used the Medicaid income thresholds to demonstrate that a person/family must be very poor to qualify. My response? Get your own ass in gear before you marry and have kids. It's really not a hard concept to grasp.

As far as the $9K goes? Sounds to me like that was put in place to keep those that are inclined to sit on their ass from mooching off the government. It's called motivation. Agree?
It's hardly motivation. There are people who work very hard, even with college degrees who make $25K a year. Less say two people marry and they both make $25K a year with a degree in let's say English or Art (for arguments sake) fresh out of college trying to get their first jobs. You are telling me that these people spent 4 years of their lives studying and just because they happen to choose a major that won't give them a superb paying job or even one with health benefits they should be denied all coverage because they are not considered poor. Oh wait, they aren't denied coverage but private health insurance is so expensive you might as well tell them, sorry, you are not allowed to get sick. Go on, die, because you fall right in the middle.
Sorry, that's hardly a motivating factor. Your income doesn't always reflect your "motivation". By the way, I'm not affected by this personaly but I see this happen to countless number of Americans and it is not right to leave them out.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:04 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,526,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
I personally think that the government is for national defense.
But why? Since I own a cache of assault weapons, I don't need no stinkin' government to defend me. And since I don't need it, you don't either. Get your own weapons. Get off your lazy butt and protect yourself! Why do you expect the government to take care of you? You entitlement people amaze me.

(This isn't a personal attack against you, but hopefully you can see that any mindless argument can be turned against anyone. UHC works well in the rest of the industrialized world, which is sufficient evidence that it will also work here. Screaming "Marxism" will not change that fact.)

Old 05-29-2009, 01:07 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Mail delivery is not a life or death situation.

So, if a riot breaks out in your neighborhood, you'd be fine going through the paperwork and payments before a private company responds?

If a terrorist camps out on your neighbor's lawn, you'd be fine with that?

What a field day for criminals! Simply target those who have no "policecare insurance" coverage, and take whatever we want. Yippie!

I have an AK-47, so I doubt any terrorists would be there for too long.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:09 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
Quote:
But why? Since I own a cache of assault weapons, I don't need no stinkin' government to defend me. And since I don't need it, you don't either. Get your own weapons. Get off your lazy butt and protect yourself! Why do you expect the government to take care of you? You entitlement people amaze me.

(This isn't a personal attack against you, but hopefully you can see that any mindless argument can be turned against anyone. UHC works well in the rest of the industrialized world, which is sufficient evidence that it will also work here. Screaming "Marxism" will not change that fact.)
like our bankrupt federal retirement plan? how's that working out? we have more people than those places like norway that the left idolizes. facts are facts. UHC will do exactly what I said it will. it will ensure that the middle class waits in line behine illegals and welfare babies, while the rich get a totally different level of service. universal indeed.

9,763 posts, read 10,526,388 times
Quote:
I know I want DMV employees in charge of health care.
LMAO!

Not me. I want only rabies infected dog catchers to run my healthcare. The DMV people are better suited to run the Supreme Court.

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times
Quote:
I have an AK-47, so I doubt any terrorists would be there for too long.
It's interesting that you've always got some sort of retort, a personal experience for every situation or story, etc. etc. etc. Yep, I'm thinking that you are actually & totally full of BS.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
It's interesting that you've always got some sort of retort, a personal experience for every situation or story, etc. etc. etc. Yep, I'm thinking that you are actually & totally full of BS.

good. we're even now. I assumed that about you after reading your first yippie rant.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
LMAO!

Not me. I want only rabies infected dog catchers to run my healthcare. The DMV people are better suited to run the Supreme Court.
my dad was a SES in the federal government and he used to tell me that some of the people they hire are scary. the government is so full of worthless people who know they can't get fired it's absurd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies