Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 08:21 PM

1,280 posts, read 2,443,221 times

Advertisements

Was just watching the 10pm news and some new evidence has come to light, Officer Edwards was shot at 6 times and hit 3 times, not 2 as previously reported, and one of the shots entered through his back, and exited his chest; which would dispute an earlier claim that he was shot at only after he turned around and the other cop saw a gun in hand. Also interesting to note the reporter said the news had looked back at all the cases/incidents of cops shooting cops, and in every single one, the shooting officer was white, and the officer shot was non-white
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 08:23 PM

657 posts, read 1,632,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the color theory is so easy to apply and only requires anger and resentment to launch, no truth or evidence needed at all.
those who hate become what they loath.
i have a dream
signed
a non white
You have no idea what you're talking about.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:26 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Triny33 View Post
Was just watching the 10pm news and some new evidence has come to light, Officer Edwards was shot at 6 times and hit 3 times, not 2 as previously reported, and one of the shots entered through his back, and exited his chest; which would dispute an earlier claim that he was shot at only after he turned around and the other cop saw a gun in hand.
Now that makes a difference, I'm sure in the next few hours more details will come out. It may indeed turn out to be racially motivated but I hate that people automatically jump to that conclusion without all the facts.

Quote:
Also interesting to note the reporter said the news had looked back at all the cases/incidents of cops shooting cops, and in every single one, the shooting officer was white, and the officer shot was non-white
Did they only research a certain area as I know for a fact that's not true.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I didn't see this as a racial incident when i first heard the story. The media is pushing the racial angle. There have been lots of incidents where things like this happen; one happened right at my college and there were no articles saying "spanish cop killed by white cop". I don't think race was ever even brought up.

Based on the facts, as they've been presented, I don't think the outcome would have been any different if he had been white, black, Asian, Indian, etc. You have a gun. The police yell drop the gun. You don't turn around with the gun in your hands. You drop the gun. If you wanna play the race card, as a black man, he should have known that since the article stated black cops are often afraid they'll be mistaken as suspects. Unfortunately, he made a split- second decision and it cost him his life.

The media loves to put stories out like this and then all the black folks come out crying about racism. I heard one idiot on television comparing this to Sean Bell - what one has to do with the other I'll never know, but once black people realize that the media is not our friends than perhaps we'll get some real coverage and not this slanted agenda driven garbage.
Listen, lol...once people heard the story and found out that the officer that did the shooting was so called white and the victim was a so called black person, it would be logical to come to the racial conclusion and eventually it would have been brought up by the avg person.

Am I saying that the media doesn't push stories and pick and choose there headlines in order to sell papers etc? NO, but that has nothing to do with the FACT that the reason this cop shot is because he saw a so called black person with a gun (which wasn't aimed at him by the way). That has become the norm in our society. It's ok to shoot unarmed blacks and hispanics.

By the way, all these people claiming they heard of all these incidents where these things happen to so called whites...please stop lying to YOURSELF lol.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDK94 View Post
i understand that police brutality against blacks doesn't always equal racism, but most of these well known incidents like rodney king or sean bell, will make you think that way. when was the last time a white person was beat like rodney king or shot 50 (i think) times like sean bell? just the other day a 16 y/o boy from detroit (who was mentally challenged) was tasered to death. the sad thing is, its nothing new.
Police brutality against so called blacks in this society is the norm. And you notice how quick many Europeans will come and defend the person who was in the wrong instead of the victim.

PS: Europeans = White people (but that is another conversation)

Old 05-29-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Was just watching the 10pm news and some new evidence has come to light, Officer Edwards was shot at 6 times and hit 3 times, not 2 as previously reported, and one of the shots entered through his back, and exited his chest; which would dispute an earlier claim that he was shot at only after he turned around and the other cop saw a gun in hand. Also interesting to note the reporter said the news had looked back at all the cases/incidents of cops shooting cops, and in every single one, the shooting officer was white, and the officer shot was non-white
Not surprised...not surprised AT ALL

Old 05-29-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justfarr1030 View Post

By the way, all these people claiming they heard of all these incidents where these things happen to so called whites...please stop lying to YOURSELF lol.
LOL I was there when I "heard" this so called incident happen lol I don't see what's funny lol about people getting killed lol racially motivated or otherwise. not everything is black and white all the damn time. There have been incidents where police have shot and killed white suspects but for some odd reason they don't get national news coverage....

oh I forgot lol

Old 05-29-2009, 10:03 PM

567 posts, read 1,446,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
There have been incidents where police have shot and killed white suspects but for some odd reason they don't get national news coverage....

oh I forgot lol
yea, shot white SUSPECTS. most of the blacks i hear about getting killed were mostly mistaken identity or misinterpreted intentions, i.e thinking their reaching for a weapon when their just getting some I.D

Old 05-29-2009, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDK94 View Post
yea, shot white SUSPECTS. most of the blacks i hear about getting killed were mostly mistaken identity or misinterpreted intentions, i.e thinking their reaching for a weapon when their just getting some I.D
actually there was a white kid who was shot awhile back. The police said they saw him reaching. He sued the police department. In this case when you're black, in Harlem and running with a gun - what do you think people are going to assume you're doing? That's not racist - that's common sense. Hell if you're white and running with a gun I'm not going to say "well gee he's probably a cop so that's okay"

But my main issue is that the media reported this as "white cop kills black cop" there are so many questions that come to mind while reading that article but for all the people who won't read the article, they'll make an assumption based on the headline alone which is what the media intended. If he shot him in the back, then yeah that's suspect. If he shot him while he was running, then yeah that's suspect. But from the facts the article presented - if they are accurate - I don't see racism right away.

It could have been racially motivated, it could have been an accident. I'm just tired of the media waving their race flag and all the black people running on the field to play.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:50 PM

567 posts, read 1,446,259 times
Quote:
actually there was a white kid who was shot awhile back. The police said they saw him reaching. He sued the police department.
not trying to argue or anything, but thats only one case and it was "awhile back". and i'm sure he only got shot 1 or 2 times, but blacks? no, they get shot by multiple officers again and again, then they reload and start shooting some more. and sean bell isn't the only black person that has been shot down like that. i wonder how many whites (that didn't commit a crime) were shot 20+ times by the cops?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies