Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 05:37 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Triny33 View Post
NYPD will find a way to get this cop off the hook, like they always do
Black cop killed by white officer: Horror in East Harlem as off-duty rookie is shot pursuing suspect

Beyond everything, it is very sad. The man was a new Father.

I feel for his family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 05:40 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
Get ready Natalya...you are disagreeing with some black people so you will now be called stupid, an "aunt tom" or some other racially divisive term because you have an OPINION!!!! Sad isn't it??!!
Not all black people share one mind, contrary to popular believe during the election The funniest thing to me is that the main ones who love to scream racism aren't even old enough to have experienced real racism. My great grandfather was killed because he corrected a white man about what he owed him, my grandfather was beaten as a teenager for getting smart with a white woman, my mother was in middle school when they first integrated and had rocks and bottles thrown at her - none of them walked around talking about racism all day. Yet for some reason you have black people 30 and under who have nothing else to talk about.

Justfarr I see that you have an agenda going on so I'll leave you to that after this comment because you are so very talented at reading one thing and interpreting for your own purposes. I said earlier that my main concern with this ASIDE FROM THE DEATH is the way the media presented it. They made it a black/white story from jump because they knew what kind of reaction they would get. They put that in the headline because they knew a lot of people weren't going to read the article but see "black killed by white" and run with it without any other information.They are going into the ghettos and seeking out people to say controversial and stupid things to fan the flames. Are you telling me that of all the black people in the world the only ones who they could find start sentences with "Man, you know it's like" What could a black woman in Houston, TX possibly have to say that's relevant to this case? Nothing.

The media is going to milk this for all it's worth until something else "racist" happens and in the end no one will remember the officer that lost his life.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:40 PM

567 posts, read 1,446,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
Get ready Natalya...you are disagreeing with some black people so you will now be called stupid, an "aunt tom" or some other racially divisive term because you have an OPINION!!!!
i'm not black. didn't know you had to be to call racism when you see it. oh yea, and I NEVER SAID THIS SITUATION WAS RACIST. all i have been saying was that its justified to say so as things like this are way to common for them to be accidents. aren't you supposed to learn from your accidents and mistakes? or just repeat them every chance you get? but lets say everyone of these incidents are accidents....doesn't it make you unneasy knowing that at any moment a cop can have an "accident" and kill you? maybe they shouldn't play with guns if they have so many "accidents".

Old 05-30-2009, 05:44 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justfarr1030 View Post
I'm a so called black person and that is definitely no offense to me. It is always so called Blacks and Latinos that this happens to (our people).

But as you see already, there are people in this thread coming in to defend the European in stead of it being the opposite. This happens all the time from NY, to Florida, to Mississippi, to Chicago, to LA and everywhere in between.
I'll not defend anyone based on race justfarr. Whether it be black people, white people, latinos, or whatever there is no excuse for defending anyone solely on race.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Triny33 View Post
and second, why the hell are you interviewing the guy who broke into officer edwards car, what did he see, he was to busy running; trying to keep his behind out of jail. The fix is on, as always...
That was one of the things I noticed about the article. They had all these details about how he saw the guy rumaging through the car, he had him and then he slipped out of his sweater. then he pulled his gun out and started chasing him....I was thinking "what the hell" did the car thief provide all this information?

Old 05-30-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justfarr1030 View Post
On what do you base this? There have been hundreds of incidents of police brutality towards so called Blacks and Hispanics in this city and when was the last riot? I believe it was 1993/4 sometime (if my memory serves me right). The most recent and serious of these incidents was the Sean Bell murder and there was NO RIOT. So once again, where is your foundation .
Oh and to clarify what I meant was a media riot not a post-Rodney King riot. There are lots of white cops that are killed in the line of duty, sometimes by so called black and Hispanic people but I doubt you'll ever see a headline that reads "White cop killed in the line of duty by black man" or "Black man kills white cop" because before the ink was dry on the paper the NAACP, Al Sharpton, Michael Baisden, UNCF, and everybody else would be pissed off and when it comes to things that are considered racism black people are a lot more vocal than white people.

Old 05-30-2009, 06:14 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,043,961 times
This was a tragedy. Irregardless of race, I think police officers should have to under go constant psychological evaluations and training. Trigger happy; shoot first questions later; cowboy mentalities should have no place in the PD. BOTH the black and white plain clothes cops FIRST REACTION was to draw their gun and THAT is the root of the problem.

Were the cops in immediate danger from a suspect that was actually fleeing and trying to run away from them? Did they turn on their siren to at least identify themselves as cops? Did they call for backup before engaging the suspect? Still it is a tragedy.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:59 AM

1,280 posts, read 2,443,063 times
Default Not surprised

Grand jury clears NYPD officer Andrew Dunton in accidental shooting of fellow officer Omar Edwards

Old 08-13-2009, 12:06 PM

Not to be a smartass (I know hard to believe) but what were you expecting?

Thanks for the update on the case though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies