Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 12:17 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,857,293 times

Advertisements

Although this happened in NYC, the underlying issues go beyond the city -- so I think a more appropriate place for this discussion is in the PoC forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 12:35 PM

657 posts, read 1,635,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by analyticalkeys View Post
What are you talking about? Everyone is jumping on the white guy. I just want them to figure out what actually happened without jumping to racial conclusions. It was probably the white guy's fault, but I don't know that, and neither does anyone else, so let them investigate and figure it out themselves.
This happens far too often towards people of color. Maybe you don't understand that but I do.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:36 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,586,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justfarr1030 View Post
This happens far too often towards people of color. Maybe you don't understand that but I do.
The cop is a person of color too. He is white.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:43 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,573,553 times
Quote:
the color theory is so easy to apply and only requires anger and resentment to launch, no truth or evidence needed at all.
those who hate become what they loath.
i have a dream
signed
a non white

Old 05-29-2009, 12:45 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,660,354 times
I read the story twice, but did not see mention of a "European". Who is the "European"?

Old 05-29-2009, 12:50 PM

1,915 posts, read 7,994,355 times
Quote:
I do understand that, but automatically making this racial when there's no proof of it is something that you don't understand. We don't know the circumstances, and whatnot, so you can't say this is a racial thing. It's funny how people complain about injustice and racism, yet isn't it racist and stereotypical to assume that a white cop who shot a plain-clothes black cop is automatically committing a hate crime? Assumptions are a terrible basis of information, seriously.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:55 PM

974 posts, read 1,590,382 times
Without facts, it is impossible to call this a racist crime. You assume the white cop shot him from stereotyping. What is so hard to figure out that the gentleman was in street clothes carrying a gun. Take race out of this. How many black officers have shot white men for the same thing? How many cops have shot perps or assumed perps for turning with what they thought was a weapon? I think this was a horrible horrible accident. I certainly hope it was not truly racist. If it was, they should string him up by the sack imho. If it was not, do you not think this young man will be punishing himself for the rest of his life for killing a collegue?

Old 05-29-2009, 12:57 PM

567 posts, read 1,448,100 times
this happens everyday, why get angry about it now? it happened yesterday, its going to happen today and it will happen tomorrow.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:40 PM

1,280 posts, read 2,446,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by analyticalkeys View Post
I do understand that, but automatically making this racial when there's no proof of it is something that you don't understand. We don't know the circumstances, and whatnot, so you can't say this is a racial thing. It's funny how people complain about injustice and racism, yet isn't it racist and stereotypical to assume that a white cop who shot a plain-clothes black cop is automatically committing a hate crime? Assumptions are a terrible basis of information, seriously.
The white cop did not know that the black cop was a cop until after the shooting, and as the rescue unit was trying to revive him, they noticed his police academy T-shirt; then the cops looked in his pockets and found his badge. So all the cop knew when he saw the cop chasing the suspect with his gun drawn was, Black+Gun= Shoot

Old 05-29-2009, 01:47 PM

1,915 posts, read 7,994,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Triny33 View Post
The white cop did not know that the black cop was a cop until after the shooting, and as the rescue unit was trying to revive him, they noticed his police academy T-shirt; then the cops looked in his pockets and found his badge. So all the cop knew when he saw the cop chasing the suspect with his gun drawn was, Black+Gun= Shoot
Or how about a guy chasing someone with a gun = shoot?? I mean seriously, you said it yourself, he didn't know he was a cop, so he says someone chasing after someone with a gun. What would you have done? "Oh he's black, let me not shoot him, so they don't write about this, and call me racist" I wish he would've figured out the situation better, I really do, but he didn't.. maybe it was the heat of the moment, maybe it was stupidity. Your logic is fallible either way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies