Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 11:00 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,138,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
Oh if this were 4 white guys in Mississippi with shaved heads and clubs you liberals would be calling for hate crimes.I have never seen such a partisan group as these modern day liberals.Of course you don't think it was wrong your guy won.But what comes around goes around enjoy while you can
? If the 4 white guys in a neighborhood in MS were there to protect their local voters from voter intimidation, that wouldnt be an unnatural thing.

Too bad those imaginary 4 white guys werent available for black-neighborhoods' polling places in Mississippi. But oh well. Maybe someday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 11:02 AM

646 posts, read 801,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
Actually, I would love to see 4 white skinhead types w/only a billy club even attempt to go any predominantly black polling place in MS, Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia, etc. I would actually pay money to see that.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~
So you are saying you would love to see riot,not to intelligent

Old 05-29-2009, 11:08 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,655,899 times
Quote:
Oh if this were 4 white guys in Mississippi with shaved heads and clubs you liberals would be calling for hate crimes.I have never seen such a partisan group as these modern day liberals.Of course you don't think it was wrong your guy won.But what comes around goes around enjoy while you can
No actually, regardless of skin color, I'd say it's not against the law to stand there looking like an *hole.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:11 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,492,578 times
Sorry, but you are the one who raised the scenario under the guise that black voters would be "intimidated" by that image. You also assume that your fake scenario would cause a riot. The reality is that (1) I believe skinheads are at their base level COWARDS who wouldn't go there in the first place and (2) black voters wouldn't be intimidated by 4 clowns w/a billy club, especially in their own neighborhood.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Quote:
So you are saying you would love to see riot,not to intelligent

Old 05-29-2009, 11:19 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,633,112 times
Bottom line: anyone (no matter the color) witnessing two thugs (no matter the color) with "a stick" out front would be concerned, if not alarmed. Get real. And do try to maintain some semblance of common sense. A sense of propriety, judgment and BASIC common sense seems to have left most at this point. Sadly, that includes the present Thug in Chief.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:22 AM

646 posts, read 801,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
Sorry, but you are the one who raised the scenario under the guise that black voters would be "intimidated" by that image. You also assume that your fake scenario would cause a riot. The reality is that (1) I believe skinheads are at their base level COWARDS who wouldn't go there in the first place and (2) black voters wouldn't be intimidated by 4 clowns w/a billy club, especially in their own neighborhood.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~
Sure I brought up the scenario,and you responded as expected.My point was and believe if this were to happen vice versa it would have caused a riot.I'm glad the gop voters did'nt stoop to that level and went about voting and handling this with dignity.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Bottom line: anyone (no matter the color) witnessing two thugs (no matter the color) with "a stick" out front would be concerned, if not alarmed. Get real. And do try to maintain some semblance of common sense. A sense of propriety, judgment and BASIC common sense seems to have left most at this point. Sadly, that includes the present Thug in Chief.
In the video, if it's the one with the white "reporters" questioning the black guys, at least one little old lady walked straight on in without breaking stride. She didnt seem concerned or alarmed by "witnessing" those "thugs."

Do you suffer from short-term memory loss? Try to cast back to the days surrounding the election. Do you remember the tension level, especially in black neighborhoods?

I mean...reading about it.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:28 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,633,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Did you watch the video? At least one little old lady walked straight on in without breaking stride. She didnt seem concerned or alarmed by "witnessing" those "thugs"

Do you suffer from short-term memory loss? Try to cast back to the days surrounding the election. Do you remember the tension level, especially in black neighborhoods?

I mean...reading about it.

We can agree to disagree. Please know there is no desire on my part to respond to anything you post.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:30 AM

Thanks for not responding, then.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:32 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,492,578 times
Great, glad to know that I responded as you expected - even though my response is the complete opposite of the one you raised.

And my point is that it wouldn't happen and if by some miracle it were to happen, the black voters would proceed on about their way and not be intimidated - just as the black and white voters did in the NBPP.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Quote:
Sure I brought up the scenario,and you responded as expected.My point was and believe if this were to happen vice versa it would have caused a riot.I'm glad the gop voters did'nt stoop to that level and went about voting and handling this with dignity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies