Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 09:40 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,322,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Do you actually expect Obama to be familiar with every single department in our entire government?
I expect him to, but first he's got to learn the 57 states and their capitols.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 09:40 PM

722 posts, read 1,985,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

YouTube - Burger lessons

In which the president discovers an American intelligence agency at Five Guys - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

Doesn't that just make you feel all warm and cozy? The POTUS has no idea about the existence of an arm of the Defense Dept that performs a critical job for our national security.

What a clueless moron. An enclave of Chicago is missing their local idiot, yes?

LOL. You know we've lost all respect for our colleges and universities when the former president of the Harvard Law Review, who happens to be the 44th President of the United States, is considered a clueless moron. If he's a local idiot, then what are your credentials?

Old 05-29-2009, 09:43 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,315,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Do you actually expect Obama to be familiar with every single department in our entire government?

Do you realize how many different government departments there are?

Here ... this might help:

A-Z Index of U.S. Government Departments and Agencies (A): USA.gov

And how many people do you think have heard of an obscure name "National Geospatial Intelligence"?

I would bet you could take any group of 1000 people in government, and most likely 95% of them would have no clue what it is.

I'd also bet anything that you yourself didn't have a clue about it before you saw the video on YouTube?

You are REALLY REACHING to try to call Obama stupid.

In the video, Obama sounded perfectly intelligent, and asked a reasonable question about what the guy's department did, since Obama was unfamiliar with it.

THAT IS HOW INTELLIGENT PEOPLE LEARN ABOUT STUFF THEY DON'T KNOW !!!

Sorry that Obama doesn't know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING ... I guess that must make him look like a complete MORON in your eyes?
I wonder if he even knows the names of all the "Czars" he has appointed who are not below anybody other than The Man, himself. I bet he couldn't name all 14 of them.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:46 PM

722 posts, read 1,985,177 times
Quote:
Yes, can you imagine if bush had said this. The insane lefties would have cared so much.

See what happens when he unhooks from TOTUS?

He is an intellectual lightweight.

Hmm..

Bush never really proved to us his intellegence. How can you compare George Bush's knowledge of American government to Barack Obama's. You should take a look and compare their education and background.

Old 05-30-2009, 12:31 AM

37,155 posts, read 42,278,198 times
Well, he knows now. I guess he isn't a clueless moron anymore.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:20 AM

1,830 posts, read 5,355,664 times
Hmmm. It comes across quite differently when it's not edited and taken out of context. He's just making small talk like he did with every other person in the room, giving each one some camera time on the special NBC was filming.

The REAL tape

YouTube - President Obama Stops for Lunch

Old 05-30-2009, 03:07 AM

38,649 posts, read 26,423,474 times
Quote:

YouTube - Burger lessons

In which the president discovers an American intelligence agency at Five Guys - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

Doesn't that just make you feel all warm and cozy? The POTUS has no idea about the existence of an arm of the Defense Dept that performs a critical job for our national security.

Is their any doubt in anyone's mind that McCain not only knows that this organization exists but also what they do, who's in charge of it, what they are budgeted, the issues they face, etc.? I heard about this on the Mark Levin show today. I know BO's an idiot, and you know he's an idiot, but the people who voted for him don't know he's an idiot, and they never will because the MSM won't even mention it. Now if a Republican (Palin maybe) said that......

Old 05-30-2009, 03:11 AM

2,661 posts, read 2,906,874 times
Quote:
Yes, can you imagine if bush had said this. The insane lefties would have cared so much.

See what happens when he unhooks from TOTUS?

He is an intellectual lightweight.
You know what this board needs?

An adjective removal button.

I bet your posts would be nearly readable.

Old 05-30-2009, 03:33 AM

2,661 posts, read 2,906,874 times
Quote:

YouTube - Burger lessons

Haha, so amusing.

From your link, here is an explanation of NGA
Quote:
NGA provides timely, relevant and accurate geospatial intelligence in support of national security objectives. The term "geospatial intelligence" means the exploitation and analysis of imagery and geospatial information to describe, assess and visually depict physical features and geographically referenced activities on the Earth. Geospatial intelligence consists of imagery, imagery intelligence and geospatial (e.g., mapping, charting and geodesy) information.
Probably its easier to say "uh, we work with satellite imagery".

Should the president have known what NGA does?
I don't know.
Bush could tell us, or Clinton if they knew.
I could have made a guess in the ballpark - I knew of the Welcome to the USGS - U.S. Geological Survey, but hadn't heard of this one.

It sounded like basic chatter to me, the kind I try to avoid.

So how are you?
How's the weather?
Wife good?
Yeah, yours?
Great, thanks.
See ya.
See ya.

But politicians and sales folk dig that stuff.
Its in the job description.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:09 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,994,776 times
Quote:
An arm of the Defense Dept Intelligencia? You bet I do. You should too, but that would be too much to ask of the POTUS.
Obama isn't expected to know everything about everyone in government.

That would be MICRO-MANAGING.

Obama only needs to be familiar with the people at the HIGHEST levels of government.

Obama's job is to USE intelligence data ... not know every little detail about how it is produced.

Do you think when Obama requests information from the CIA, that he needs to know the names of every single department within the CIA to get the data?

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Obama only needs to inform the Director of the CIA, and then the request is passed DOWN THE FOOD CHAIN until it reaches the people who actually DO THE WORK.

But who knows, Sanrene .... maybe you're just not familiar with how things happen in THE REAL WORLD?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies