Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 04:21 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
Keep telling yourself that racism is only bad if it's against your race.
Keep telling yourself that race has nothing to do with the venomous, hatred filled posts that the hate mongers post in this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 04:38 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,033,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Keep telling yourself that race has nothing to do with the venomous, hatred filled posts that the hate mongers post in this forum.
Oh. So racisim is okay some of the time? Just not when directed against you and yours.

Gosh. MLK, one of my hero men didn't think so.

I think it's time for some of you to suck it up, get a grip and judge everyone by character not by race.

Old 06-01-2009, 04:42 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Oh do not worry, I will be fine, its people like you who wont be.

Let me assure you: I will be fine. America is my home; I'm not dreaming of moving to another country. I have a President and First Lady that allow me
to take pride in their hard work and success. Mrs. Bush had grown children
and was older than Mrs. Obama; she consequently dressed in a more "matronly" manner; she did so with taste and discretion.
Just out of curiosity, why would anyone think that "people like me" won't be
fine? Please explain exactly what "kind" of person I am, and why that would
lead to my not being fine? I am patriotic and quite clear that the election of President Obama indicates that American democracy is alive and thriving; manure from the GOP simply makes the growth of moderation and progress
even more fertile. This reassures me that America will eventually recover
from the mistakes of the previous administration and will be fine as well.
People who are unable to adjust to the Obama presidency aren't "fine" now,
nor are they likely to become "fine," as American culture continues to be
more and more centrist and less biased.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:03 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Positive influence?!?!?! Sheesh....how quick voters forget. It really was not that long ago when she told us all that she was never proud of the USA.
She's a mess. I don't know how anyone could possibly think she's a role model of any sort with her thankless attitude.

Newsvine - We Paid for her Scholarship

Old 06-01-2009, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Oh. So racisim is okay some of the time? Just not when directed against you and yours.

Gosh. MLK, one of my hero men didn't think so.

I think it's time for some of you to suck it up, get a grip and judge everyone by character not by race.
1. Please link me to any one of MY posts where I say racism is ok any time.

2. Hum, I believe you should direct your comment about judging people by their character to the 'pugs who start thread after thread about our First Lady's clothes and looks before you tell me to get a grip. I don't judge people on their looks and clothes. I happen to believe that an undegraduate degree from Princeton from which she graduated *** laude and a law degree from Harvard actually speak well for First Lady Obama's intelligence and work ethic. The positions she has worked in for the University of Chicago also speak well for her. She has had one marriage which is in it's 17th year which is without scandal. Her daughters are well behaved and were not used to garner votes but were actually kept in school during the Presidential campaign. She has donated her time as a volunteer to many a community project.

No, you can't point your finger at me and tell me I judge anyone by their race. But, there are plenty of C-D members who do and keep telling themselves they don't. Lying to themselves probably helps them sleep at night...., I guess.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:19 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,033,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salukifan1 View Post

Let me assure you: I will be fine. America is my home; I'm not dreaming of moving to another country. I have a President and First Lady that allow me
to take pride in their hard work and success. Mrs. Bush had grown children
and was older than Mrs. Obama; she consequently dressed in a more "matronly" manner; she did so with taste and discretion.
Just out of curiosity, why would anyone think that "people like me" won't be
fine? Please explain exactly what "kind" of person I am, and why that would
lead to my not being fine? I am patriotic and quite clear that the election of President Obama indicates that American democracy is alive and thriving; manure from the GOP simply makes the growth of moderation and progress
even more fertile. This reassures me that America will eventually recover
from the mistakes of the previous administration and will be fine as well.
People who are unable to adjust to the Obama presidency aren't "fine" now,
nor are they likely to become "fine," as American culture continues to be
more and more centrist and less biased.
Those that think Republicans should be more "centrist" should read and re-read the above.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41
Positive influence?!?!?! Sheesh....how quick voters forget. It really was not that long ago when she told us all that she was never proud of the USA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
She's a mess. I don't know how anyone could possibly think she's a role model of any sort with her thankless attitude.
Why don't you take a cue from Former First Lady Bush or is she also 'unpatriotic?

ABC News
Quote:
In June 2008, First Lady Laura Bush commented on the controversial words: "I think she probably meant I'm 'more proud,' you know, is what she really meant," adding, "I mean, I know that, and that's one of the things you learn and that's one of the really difficult parts both of running for president and for being the spouse of the president, and that is, everything you say is looked at and in many cases misconstrued."

Old 06-01-2009, 05:32 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Those that think Republicans should be more "centrist" should read and re-read the above.

I'm on Colin Powell's side; excellent company. It's even possible that his wife
believes that the First Lady is a positive influence as well.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:32 PM

2,203 posts, read 5,085,251 times
Quote:
How long did you go to the racist church? Did you marry in it after many years? Did you have yer widdle white kids baptised? Did you let them watch the evil white preacher do the dirty doggy style in front of them until you had a job that might be jepordized because you were such a parent? Just wondering!
Not as long as you obviously have.

"yer widdle" WTF?

Old 06-01-2009, 05:34 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Why don't you take a cue from Former First Lady Bush or is she also 'unpatriotic?

ABC News
That just demonstrates her gracious nature and Texas upbringing. Southern manners.
Do I buy it 100%? Nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies