Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2009, 10:58 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
He doesn't pay for my night out with my wife, I shouldn't have to pay for his.
You're not paying for his, other than the taxpayers are paying his salary. But whoever pays your salary is paying for you to take your wife out. Fug gedda bout it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Then maybe he should travel less then...ya think?
How much has he traveled in the 4 mos he's been pres (for pleasure)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Flying to Camp David, the Western WH, Crawford is a bit different that using taxpayer resources for a night on the town all the while preaching to the nation about conserving and belt-tightening.

Those trips were always working vacations - just as obama will do when he spends time at Camp David. That's part of the job. Flitting to Chicago and NY for dinner is not.
How is this "different". Oh, it was Bush, that's right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Some folks seem to want the First Family to live as the poorest in the country live. I would ask why? Since no other President has done that even though each one has called for "sacrafice".
And if they did rent a movie and eat popcorn, then people would criticize them for that. The SAME people, mind you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
No he just put in a basketball court. We dont know his kids make their own bed nor do we know the rest of that junk

You are NOT sacrificing when you are eating 100.00 steak and having weekly parties, or flying around the country to chi town and now NY.

We all know if Bush were doing this . He would be blasted
How 'bout we station you in the White House to check and see if the kids make their own beds, pick up their own clothes, feed the dog, whatever else you think they should be doing. You can report back on an hourly basis. Are they doing their summer reading? Are they emptying the dishwasher? Pleas tell us everything! Give it up about what we would have said about Bush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I'm not going to keep going around and around about this but if his name was Bush. The post in this thread would be much different and you might not want to admit it but in the back of your mind you know I'm right.
Oh, barf!

Quote:
There is much more than this, but it is funny the reaction from the obamunists is always the same. How curious.
Now we're starting with the childish names again. Shows you've really run out of steam.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:03 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Shows you've really run out of steam.
That's an impossibility.

However, I am about ready to turn in for the night.

Quote:
You're not paying for his, other than the taxpayers are paying his salary.
This is not coming out of his salary. I would have thought that would be obvious.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:06 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,256,191 times
Quote:

This is not coming out of his salary. I would have thought that would be obvious.
If you have inside info, please share the link so we can all enlighten ourselves.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:06 PM

Quote:
That's an impossibility.

However, I am about ready to turn in for the night.

How do you know that he did not pay for the tickets and the dinner out of his salary? The security would be with him if he took Michelle to McDonald's and the dollar show in DC. Plane trip? Give him a break. As someone posted, this is not unusual for people from DC to do.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:17 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
How do you know that he did not pay for the tickets and the dinner out of his salary? The security would be with him if he took Michelle to McDonald's and the dollar show in DC. Plane trip? Give him a break. As someone posted, this is not unusual for people from DC to do.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:34 PM

I decided to take a break from CD and look at my local paper's website, and look what I found:

Daily Camera AP News

Old 05-31-2009, 06:53 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
Quote:
Flying to Camp David, the Western WH, Crawford is a bit different that using taxpayer resources for a night on the town all the while preaching to the nation about conserving and belt-tightening.

Those trips were always working vacations - just as obama will do when he spends time at Camp David. That's part of the job. Flitting to Chicago and NY for dinner is not.

That's cute

Old 05-31-2009, 07:57 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
How much has he traveled in the 4 mos he's been pres (for pleasure)?
How much was uneccesary travel regardless?

Old 05-31-2009, 08:01 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
How much was uneccesary travel regardless?
I guess the Pres. should run his personal schedule by you to determine if it is neccessary or not

I heard Obama got extra pickles

LOL..

Old 05-31-2009, 08:05 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
I guess the Pres. should run his personal schedule by you to determine if it is neccessary or not

I heard Obama got extra pickles

LOL..
I suppose that NObamas massive sense of entitlement forces him to spend billions in taxpayer dollars to fly to France, Mexico, Russia et al.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies