Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2009, 05:08 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,109,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
How about while the economy is in the tank, while GM is declaring bankruptcy, while millions are losing their jobs and here's the kicker, while preaching about shared sacrifice and belt-tightening (for everybody else, not obama) all on the taxpayers dime.

Okay, you want something to be outraged about, how about this. While the economy is in the tank, the former president who PUT it in the tank is traveling to other countries, on private jets, WITH SECRET SERVICE PEOPLE PAID FOR BY THE TAX PAYERS, to make speeches for which HE GETS PAID THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS. But WE pick up the tab for his secret service detail, his travel, and his very generous pension...mad now?

Old 05-31-2009, 05:42 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,928,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
I live in NY. When the President comes into NYC, it is a nightmare!
Yer lying.

Old 05-31-2009, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
I've been hung up in some horrendous stuff in lower Manhattan due to previous POTUS and other high profile type visits. I think the fact that Memorial day has passed and lots of people were heading to the Jersey Shore or the Hamptons helped decrease some traffic.
Nah. I'd be willing to bet that I've been here a lot longer than you have. Getting around is never an issue for people who are:

A) Really here
B) Being reasonable
and
C) Telling the truth

Edit: Reading your posts, I don't even think you ARE here in the first place. In fact, I know you're not.
You might be in New York State, you might be in New Jersey, but you aren't living in New York City; and you aren't anywhere near where this could have impacted your life in any possible way.

Now get over it. The President and First Lady took a trip to a city that isn't even close to where you live. It had nothing to do with your life and it won't cost you a penny. Find something else to complain about.

Last edited by BringTheContent; 05-31-2009 at 06:29 PM..

Old 05-31-2009, 05:53 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave
I've been hung up in some horrendous stuff in lower Manhattan due to previous POTUS and other high profile type visits.
OhBooHoo.

If I lived in a city with "horrendous stuff," I'd move. Traffic. The horror!

Old 05-31-2009, 05:56 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
OhBooHoo.

I know, right? I wonder if that poster goes thru the same outrage w/construction. They are in for a lifetime of mental anguish if that's the case.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:01 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I know, right? I wonder if that poster goes thru the same outrage w/construction. They are in for a lifetime of mental anguish if that's the case.
Stooping to "traffic" as an excuse to deny the president a date with his wife is quite low indeed.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:12 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,059,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The Associated Press: Looks like a night on Broadway for first couple

Country in recession, GM declaring bankrupcy, millions have lost their jobs, millions struggling to pay their bills and keep their houses, obama spending trillions that we can't afford - "Everyone's going to have to give. Everyone's going to have to have some skin in the game." So says Obama.

Except of course for he and his wife. That's really the priority for obama - to be seen and admired. Disgusting, completely out of touch with reality.
apparantly when millions of American jobs were being outsourced, resulting in unemployed Americans...it didn't stop Bush from taking his vacations...

Old 05-31-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
OhBooHoo.

Don't worry. They were lying about it anyway. If they come back later tonight and I haven't called it a night I can finish disproving their little fantasy. If I'm not still here when they come back to further complain (aka lie) about how the President interrupted the flow of traffic for them, we can do it tomorrow. Either way, this visit didn't effect them in any possible way. And even if it did, the President is welcome here anytime; case closed.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:29 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,051,846 times
The liberal hpocrisy is amazing. The one outlet they have is to go to Bush every time Obama Fs up.
It is really pathetic- your President was worse then ours!!

Old 05-31-2009, 06:32 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,059,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
The liberal hpocrisy is amazing. The one outlet they have is to go to Bush every time Obama Fs up.
It is really pathetic- your President was worse then ours!!
...don't blame someone else for your mistakes...simple
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies