Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2009, 10:13 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,354,775 times

Advertisements

Wouldn't it be "nice" if both the "lefties" and the "righties" could stop all of these viscious attacks on the other side, and use a bit of "compassion", "looking at an issue from both sides", phrasing concerns in language that is not "imflamitory". . . Oh well,. . . .

Old 06-01-2009, 10:13 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Well, I"ll have to think about whether that justifies taking your wife out to breakfast. Was it a fancy restaurant, or did you go to Denny's?
It wasn't even Denny's. Times are tight!

Old 06-01-2009, 10:14 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDollie View Post
He paid for his tickets, supplied his own jet and security is 24/7, but, why are we paying for the reporters for a "date" night? For "personal" social events, if the media want to go, foot the bill themselves.
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????? Didn't their employers pay for them to go to NY to cover this?

Old 06-01-2009, 10:22 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,388,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
Wouldn't it be "nice" if both the "lefties" and the "righties" could stop all of these viscious attacks on the other side, and use a bit of "compassion", "looking at an issue from both sides", phrasing concerns in language that is not "imflamitory". . . Oh well,. . . .
Yes it would be, and it might go a long way towards solving a lot of problems. As long as people continue to see things as a left/right issue instead of a government issue, very little will improve.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:24 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Worley View Post
Yes it would be, and it might go a long way towards solving a lot of problems. As long as people continue to see things as a left/right issue instead of a government issue, very little will improve.
For people to realize the Government wants us divided it takes some guts to admit you have been hoodwinked.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:30 AM

1,105 posts, read 4,570,338 times
It has absolutely gotten ridiculous. People will complain when the president goes out for one night but those same people never made a peep when their man flew 77 times to TX which is five times as far! So hypocritical. I don't care that Bush went to his ranch that many times. I get that he has an office there and that the whole days off thing was totally embellished but he still had to FLY to that ranch 77 times on a jet at our expense. And he did this too when we were in the recession after 9/11.

I want my president to be able to perform to the best of his ability. And to do that he is going to need some time off! And like someone else said, he can't exactly fly commercial and can you imagine the uproar from all the disruptions and the added cost of securing a 500 mile road trip if he had chose that route!!!!

It is absolutely freakin ridiculous.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:31 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Worley View Post
Frankly, I see this as a "non-issue". The president takes his wife out on a date. The RW press picks up on this and tells us how much this is costing the taxpayer. Never mind that security has to be paid no matter where the president is, even if he had gone to Blockbuster to rent a movie. So the flight to New York was expensive. It is the only way the pres. can go anywhere. For Obama's opponents to bring in every trip he has made, work related and otherwise, and to continually profess that Bush's trips to Texas and Kennebunkport were somehow "different" is foolish. So is thinking that somehow the taxpayer footed the bill for the reporters.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:43 AM

989 posts, read 2,498,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Bush flew to Crawford on your dime over 70 times a a cost of millions

Bush flew to his retreat in Maine dozens of times on your dime as well
Doesn't make it OK, now does it?

Old 06-01-2009, 10:48 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,593,793 times
Deduct it from his paycheck. This guy is an embarassment. 3 years 8 months and counting. Can't wait to boot his butt out.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:49 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn02674 View Post
It has absolutely gotten ridiculous. People will complain when the president goes out for one night but those same people never made a peep when their man flew 77 times to TX which is five times as far! So hypocritical. I don't care that Bush went to his ranch that many times. I get that he has an office there and that the whole days off thing was totally embellished but he still had to FLY to that ranch 77 times on a jet at our expense. And he did this too when we were in the recession after 9/11.

I want my president to be able to perform to the best of his ability. And to do that he is going to need some time off! And like someone else said, he can't exactly fly commercial and can you imagine the uproar from all the disruptions and the added cost of securing a 500 mile road trip if he had chose that route!!!!

It is absolutely freakin ridiculous.
At $50,000 per hour to operate Air Force One, Bush's 77 trips to Waco (Crawford) and back to D.C. cost us well over Ten Million Dollars.

That doesn't count Marine One (the helicopter) following along to shuttle him to and from the airport in Waco.

The whole flap about a trip to NYC is absurd. The increase in tourist dollars flowing into the areas the Obamas visited will more than offset the cost of the trip. I consider it a good way to stimulate the economy. You ought to hope they come to your hometown for their next date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies