Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2009, 09:07 AM

6,381 posts, read 14,560,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
You are plain & simple pi**ed that the public likes the current president. No other reason other than that.
No, it appears that those that were there were his fans that helped elect him and haven't a clue to what is going on in the world.

Obama is playing his fiddle... and goes where his popularity is still good, which of course is getting to be only overseas in due time.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:08 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,082,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Well, Is it possible the US Presidency has become more of a figurehead position? Remember when Presidents used to be Generals? Now they are lawyers and failed businessmen. It says alot about how this nation has been handled recently.

i partially agree. but lincoln was a lawyer, not a general. jefferson was no general. some of our greatest leaders where never generals, heck reagan is widely considered one of our greatest and yet he was an actor. but it does say alot about our country when our president has never actually held a real paying job. when our president had so much ego that he decided to run for president not even 2 yrs into his 1st term in the senate which was for all intents and purposes his 1st possition of any govt possition.

you know one thing that got me, the night he was swarn in there where parties in the street like none before him, and a common chant "my presidents black". this says a lot about our nation. this man was not ellected on his merits, on his education, on his ability to lead, he was ellected on the color of his skin.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:11 AM

6,381 posts, read 14,560,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
i partially agree. but lincoln was a lawyer, not a general. jefferson was no general. some of our greatest leaders where never generals, heck reagan is widely considered one of our greatest and yet he was an actor. but it does say alot about our country when our president has never actually held a real paying job. when our president had so much ego that he decided to run for president not even 2 yrs into his 1st term in the senate which was for all intents and purposes his 1st possition of any govt possition.

you know one thing that got me, the night he was swarn in there where parties in the street like none before him, and a common chant "my presidents black". this says a lot about our nation. this man was not ellected on his merits, on his education, on his ability to lead, he was ellected on the color of his skin.
Reagan was in the Army and an Officer, didn't serve in Combat, but knew the structure of the Military. Lincoln was also in the Military, as was Jefferson during the Revolutionary war just didn't wear a uniform, but had the British caught him, they would have hanged him for his actions.

Obama sued everyone.... Big difference there

Old 06-02-2009, 09:11 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,032,380 times
Quote:
You are plain & simple pi**ed that the public likes the current president. No other reason other than that.
I'm not speaking for the poster you responded to...

Still...I think it's great the American public likes a president.

I just think they are now deluded. Be it his youth or blackness or hatered of Bush. And the press that usually is an ally for truth is simillarly deluded.

I'm not a fan of Barry. I think he is a fraud. I'm sure it will come out and a lot of fans of Barry are going to be sad.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:46 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
No, it appears that those that were there were his fans that helped elect him and haven't a clue to what is going on in the world.

Obama is playing his fiddle... and goes where his popularity is still good, which of course is getting to be only overseas in due time.
Oh I see, so only right wingers know what's going on in the world. Ok, got it.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:49 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,082,871 times
Quote:
Oh I see, so only right wingers know what's going on in the world. Ok, got it.

i think you missed the point. i would say that the "huddeled masses" thta voted obama into office (this doesnt include everyone) are/where very uninformed.

case in piont:

YouTube - Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!!

i am a huge nba fan (i come from san antonio what can i say) and so i am a member of a couple nba fan sites. you would be AMAZED at how uninformed those suporters are.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:52 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
i think you missed the point. i would say that the "huddeled masses" thta voted obama into office (this doesnt include everyone) are/where very uninformed.

case in piont:

i am a huge nba fan (i come from san antonio what can i say) and so i am a member of a couple nba fan sites. you would be AMAZED at how uninformed those suporters are.
What an excellent example of the right's attempt to generalize all democrats. NBA has what to do w/this?

Old 06-02-2009, 11:55 AM

4,116 posts, read 3,145,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The Associated Press: Looks like a night on Broadway for first couple

Country in recession, GM declaring bankrupcy, millions have lost their jobs, millions struggling to pay their bills and keep their houses, obama spending trillions that we can't afford - "Everyone's going to have to give. Everyone's going to have to have some skin in the game." So says Obama.

Except of course for he and his wife. That's really the priority for obama - to be seen and admired. Disgusting, completely out of touch with reality.

Everything you mentioned above thank George Bush for it not Obama, he walked right in the middle of that mess!!!!!!!

He is once again THE GOD DAMN PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES if he wants to eat steak for breakfast, lunch and dinner 365 days a year he may!!!!

He is a FAMILY MAN... HE HAS A WIFE AND KIDS... Just because he is now the PRESIDENT doesn't mean he now doesnt' go out for dinners and tries to lead a normal life like he did before....

Eveything he does or doesn't do is wrong. But Bush is the reason we are in the position we are in today!!!!!!

Old 06-02-2009, 11:55 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,913,262 times
Quote:
What an excellent example of the right's attempt to generalize all democrats. NBA has what to do w/this?
All NBA fans who post on line are black, uninformed Liberals?

I'm not an NBA fan and I'm not black but then again I'm not a Liberal. I guess I'm safe from 'generalizations'.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:57 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times
Quote:

case in piont:

Speaking of uninformed, you need to actually watch that video. Nowhere does anyone say that Obama is going to pay for her gas and mortgage.

"I don't have to worry..." does not equal "Obama is going to pay..."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies