Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 07:50 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,747,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Apparently, the executive director of Tancredo's anti-immigrant Team America PAC (also executive director of Pat Buchanan's group, The American Cause) pled guilty to "verbally and physically assaulting a black woman" and will be sentenced in July. According to the Factual Proffer from the case
On July 7, 2007 at approximately 7:15 p.m., at Jefferson and M Street, Northwest, in Washington, D.C., defendant was walking down the street when he encountered the complainant, Ms. [Redacted], who is African-American. The defendant uttered, "[N*****]," as he delivered a karate chop to [complainant's] head. Ms. [Redacted]'s [redacted] attempted to detain defendant, but defendant was able to escape. Ultimately, the defendant was stopped and arrested by Secret Service officers.
The defendant, Marcus Epstein, is still featured prominently on Team America's website nearly two years after the crime.

Executive Director Of Tancredo's PAC Guilty Of "Karate Chop" Assault On African-American Woman | Media Matters Action Network
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 08:55 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,848,238 times
WOW, who would have thought that Tancredo and Buchanan would both be "paling around with rascists"? I guess he took the "Team America (World Polic)" title too seriously.

golfgod

Old 05-31-2009, 09:02 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,038,764 times
If only the Macus Epsteins of the world would walk into Adams Morgan, South Central LA, or perhaps my house (I can only fantasize) and call me out of my name and attempt to karate chop me...

Old 05-31-2009, 09:05 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,514,899 times
Sick people. Modern day demagogues and race baiters, this should not be surprising to anyone that one of his minions did this. Tancredo will probably condemn it, and he should not be believed. He's a race baiter. (Maybe he just hates Hispanics, I dont know)

Old 05-31-2009, 09:18 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,981,266 times
Default Coward!

A Karate chop to the head of a woman. WOW

I wish I was there.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:40 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,038,764 times
It gets better, apparently the whole incident was witnessed by the Secret Service Agent

Leader of several right wing organizations pleads guilty to assault charge - Democratic Underground

Old 05-31-2009, 09:48 AM

974 posts, read 1,587,076 times
Disgusting. I hope they hang this guy by the balls and fine the crap out of PAC. These blatant racists need to be ousted.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:10 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,514,899 times
Quote:
Did I mention that he plead guilty? Although, only after a plea agreement was reached. And he even amended the guilty plea in a most egregious way.
I am pleading guilty because I am in fact guilty of the offenses set forth herein. believe the government could prove me guilty.
The change was hand-written onto the guilty plea. Yep, he's trying to get out of it, even though the incident was witnessed by off-duty Secret Service personnel.

Yes.
Daily Kos: UPDATED-Pat Buchanan's Racist Protegé To Be Sentenced On July 8th

Old 06-02-2009, 11:06 AM

53 posts, read 295,051 times
Default Tancredo aide pleads guilty in bizarre racist attack

Remember how Tom Tancredo went on CNN last week and called Sonia Sotomayor a racist, accusing her falsely of being a member of a "Latino KKK"? Well, if racism so offends him, how does he explain this?
On July 7, 2007, at approximately 7:15 p.m. at Jefferson and M Street, Northwest, in Washington, D.C., defendant was walking down the street making offensive remarks when he encountered the complainant, Ms. [REDACTED], who is African-American. The defendant uttered, "******," as he delivered a karate chop to Ms. [REDACTED]'s head.
That defendant is named Marcus Epstein--a former Tancredo speechwriter who now works as executive director of Tancredo's political action committee.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/06/tancredo-aide-pleads-guilty-to-karate-chopping-pedestrian-calling-her-******.php (broken link)

http://blogs.ilw.com/gregsiskind/200...st-attack.html

Old 06-02-2009, 12:22 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,272 times
And how is this equal to what Soto said about whites?.....Did Tacredo karate chop this women in the head?..no...so the point is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies