U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 04:24 PM

90,377 posts, read 111,940,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
In case the data was within a 0.1% range of accuracy, the data comparison between USA, UK, and Canada are not significant, and actually overlap.

U.S.A. 6.4 per 1000 (7.4 to 5.4 per 1000)
U.K. 5 per 1000 (6 to 4 per 1000)
Canada 4.6 per 1000 (5.6 to 3.6 per 1000)

Ah, so only an allopathic physician with credentials in psychiatry can express an opinion about your over reaction?

We are supposed to discuss ideas, not each other, on this forum. If you want to analyze people, find a different forum to do it on.

Perhaps you ARE showing bias toward allopathy. I presume you consider osteopathy, homeopathy, chiropractic, acupuncture, herbal medicines, vitamin therapy, Christian Scientists, faith healers, electrotherapy and other "alternatives" as "quackery"?

You're taking a pretty big leap here.

And you disregard the placebo effect, too?

Here, too!
Obviously, "spontaneous remission" of cancer absent allopathic treatment must be suspect, too!

Ditto! (Or should I say, tritto!)

Next, will you say that the only vitamin supplements should be by prescription?

Just what is your issue with me?

And what was YOUR GPA? Don't remember, but I did make the Dean's List. Does a higher GPA automatically prove that someone is a superior care giver? Or merely that they score higher on tests? Hey, you're the one who posted the proposal to give someone a discount if they chose a provider with a lower GPA!

The original point was that if the customer had MORE DATA about his care giver, he could make more intelligent comparisons.
(wink, wink, nod, nod - everybody likes a discount!)

As a well indoctrinated member of allopathy, it goes without saying that you consider anything but allopathy as "beneath contempt" or quackery.

I never used the words "beneath contempt" about anything. I think you're the one over-reacting with this attack on me.

But consider this oddity: why would free people (aka Americans) have to BUY permission from an allopathic physician before they can buy medicine? You're t
Isn't that "raising the cost" for one's health care? Hey, you're the libertarian. Don't you understand how supply and demand work?In many other countries, responsible adults can purchase whatever medicines they deem necessary. In fact, why are lay people forbidden, by law, to treat themselves with medicines that are not narcotic unless given permission (prescriptions that they PAY for) ?
You'll have to ask the pharmacist. That's shorebaby.

Well, duh....
See how many physicians do house calls on folks on the bottom of the socio-economic ladder -or who aren't in the same business line.

So I give an example of a physician making a house call, and you find a way to degrade it by calling it "professional courtesy"? I don't think he even knew I was a nurse. I tried to keep that from my kids' doctors, so they'd treat me like the other moms. I know I wasn't working at the time.

BTW - I hesitate to call physicians "doctors". Doctor is a honorable title for one who TEACHES. (related words: doctrine, docent, document). Physicians were held in such low regard that they appropriated that title to their sorry profession. (Most early-19th century physicians tended to attribute contagion to "bad air" and blamed disease on imbalances of the "four humors" - - - that's blood, phlegm, yellow bile and black bile, in case you weren't familiar.) But, hey, if janitors can be maintenance engineers, physicians can be doctors, too.

No, duh. Tell me something I didn't know.
Rockin' with Galen, fir shir...
Galen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 04:28 PM

681 posts, read 764,325 times
Skimmed through most of the posts and have come to the conclusion that I agree with what Jet has stated the most. Also noticed several posters like myself who think that health "uninsurance" companies should be abolished. I will start following Conservatives For Patients Rights more closely. Also have to add as pointed out by "The Great One" Mark Levin we have all of the wrong people in charge of trying to fix this problem, ie: trial lawyers and politicians are the last people who I want responsible for my family health care.

Old 06-03-2009, 04:41 PM

There are times when I wish we could still give out negative rep.

Old 06-03-2009, 04:51 PM

7,921 posts, read 8,356,420 times
The amount of money it costs to get healthcare in the United States, America should be streets ahead of UHC countries instead of behind in mortality etc. Don't pat yourself on the back because America can't keep up with the Demon UHC.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:10 PM

8,648 posts, read 16,298,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
There are times when I wish we could still give out negative rep.
Let he who has not sinned cast the first negative rep.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:11 PM

15,825 posts, read 11,560,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Quote:
As a well indoctrinated member of allopathy, it goes without saying that you consider anything but allopathy as "beneath contempt" or quackery.
I never used the words "beneath contempt" about anything. I think you're the one over-reacting with this attack on me.
If defending myself from your unwarranted attack is your definition of attack, we must agree to disagree.

YOU wrote that I was a libertarian and in favor of "snake oil" and YOU snipped my post, denouncing it as copyright infringement (which caused the moderator to slam me!). Which, by the way, was a lie on your part.

If "snake oil" is NOT an expression of contempt, I apologize, especially to all snakes who were offended, as I was. Remember, the caduceus is made of two snakes.
Caduceus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Expressing opinions is all well and good, but be so kind as to verify your denunciations in the future.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:22 PM

I snipped it because I once received an infraction for copyright violation, and don't want another one. Also, your post was very long, and anyone could click on it and see the whole thing. I said I had some copyright concerns. It's up to the mods to look into these things.

You are the one who made various accusations of me, which I shall not repeat, as they are on the record, so to speak.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:22 PM

15,825 posts, read 11,560,570 times
INSIDE JOKE FLAG ON

The caduceus is sometimes used as a symbol for medicine or doctors (instead of the rod of Asclepius) even though the symbol has no connection with Hippocrates and any association with healing arts is something of a stretch;as the symbol of the god Hermes, its singularly inappropriate connotations of theft, deception, and death, as well as the confusion of commerce and medicine in a single symbol, have provided fodder for academic humor.

(Or Freudian slip of the tongue with regard to Allopathic medicine - based on theft, deception and death)

Old 06-03-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Let he who has not sinned cast the first negative rep.
Well, yeah, that's why they disabled it, and I didn't use it anyway. I was just expressing frustration that anyone would want a health care system with uneducated "professionals" (sic), and so forth.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:37 PM

25,106 posts, read 37,130,543 times
My own personal preference would be to have a National Referendum on the subject of National Health Care.

Put the issue before the people - Let the American people vote on the issue.

This could be combined with a Constitutional Amendment on the issue -

Let the PEOPLE decide - not the politicians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies