Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 03:30 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times

Advertisements

Sitting in a church for over 20 years and listening to hate preaching, will make Obama look less good than Bush! That is just one fact!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 06:13 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,941,622 times
Cut services for the poor

Hmmm... like what? What services for the poor were cut? I know Clinton cut Welfare benefits, but what services to the poor did Bush actually CUT? I remember he extended unemployment benefits. And he raised military pay & BAH in some cases by close to 300% (we were military at the time... that was so nice! this can be proven with a glance at pay/entitlement tables). Under his administration, eligibility for the EIC was expanded greatly. He provided a prescription drug program to the elderly and to top it off he removed a dictator who had committed genocide from power.

Now, instead of typical liberal rhetoric and bashing, how about some lists of programs he cut?

Old 06-02-2009, 06:49 AM

156 posts, read 133,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
Cut services for the poor

Hmmm... like what? What services for the poor were cut? I know Clinton cut Welfare benefits, but what services to the poor did Bush actually CUT? I remember he extended unemployment benefits. And he raised military pay & BAH in some cases by close to 300% (we were military at the time... that was so nice! this can be proven with a glance at pay/entitlement tables). Under his administration, eligibility for the EIC was expanded greatly. He provided a prescription drug program to the elderly and to top it off he removed a dictator who had committed genocide from power.

Now, instead of typical liberal rhetoric and bashing, how about some lists of programs he cut?
Here is a link, typical bush cut, one of many, I could go on and post more links, but, I won't do your homework for you. You could look it up yourself, but if you really, really care to, or just remain set in stone.

Wonk Room » Bush Cuts Outpatient Medicaid Services

Old 06-02-2009, 07:18 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,170,588 times
Well it has to be a fact that God hates Bush. Why else would God tell Bush to enter into a war of aggression against sovereign country. A war that has divided and bankrupt America. I would guess that Jesus hates Bush to.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudynm View Post
Here is a link, typical bush cut, one of many, I could go on and post more links, but, I won't do your homework for you. You could look it up yourself, but if you really, really care to, or just remain set in stone.

Wonk Room » Bush Cuts Outpatient Medicaid Services
Quote from your own article:

essentially “shifting costs to the states”

Read your own liberal propaganda blogs. He didn't "cut" anything... he simply told the states the Feds weren't paying for it anymore. States that want to supply illegal immigrants with free medical costs need to foot their own bills, or shut up.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
Well it has to be a fact that God hates Bush. Why else would God tell Bush to enter into a war of aggression against sovereign country. A war that has divided and bankrupt America. I would guess that Jesus hates Bush to.
Jesus hates?

Well, if it's on the internet, then it MUST be true!

Old 06-02-2009, 12:02 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post

Obviously written by one that is no chrsitain and doesn't understand what god hates. It isn't either bill clinton ;Bush. FDR or any other human.People like to tranfer thier own hate and sin on to god it seems.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:05 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,192,862 times
Oh....this is a religious thread. I thought Jesus was an illegal Mexican living in California who voted in the last election. Sorry...back to the PTL club.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:08 PM

1,768 posts, read 3,413,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Sitting in a church for over 20 years and listening to hate preaching, will make Obama look less good than Bush! That is just one fact!

Jesus sent me to comment on the question posed here.

George W. Bush is a Christian who will be welcomed into heaven when he is called. Barry Obama made his pact with the devil and his rewards will also be forthcoming.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:30 PM

156 posts, read 133,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
Quote from your own article:

essentially “shifting costs to the states”

Read your own liberal propaganda blogs. He didn't "cut" anything... he simply told the states the Feds weren't paying for it anymore. States that want to supply illegal immigrants with free medical costs need to foot their own bills, or shut up.
No, you are wrong. Read one of the links I provided, it states that federal lands were sold to fund rural schools, and medicaid/medicare was one of his cuts, the facts and figures speak for themselves, and you are wrong that he didn't cut anything, he did, and he cut taxes for the wealthy too. He in essence robbed peter to pay paul, the same can be said about the two wars he tried to execute, he and rummyhead at the podium stated that oil of iraq would fund that war, and, it did not and has not, it was just another one of his lies, sorry, but you needed to be told the truth and quit living in a fairytale world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies