Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 07:29 AM

1,333 posts, read 3,224,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
"Earnings are up slightly"? what is that supposed to mean. Is this your measuring stick to see if the economy is doing well or not?

How about foreclosures are worse then ever and unemployment is worse now then in the last 30 years.

Keep drinking the koolaid buddy. The economy is not "turning around".
The blame Bush crowd will begin in

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 07:33 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,051,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadro77 View Post
The blame Bush crowd will begin in

Hey I will admit Bush was a huge part of it. The genisis of the current state of the economy was in the 90s, with the Republican congress and Clinton in charge. They wanted more people to buy homes; well they got what they asked for.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:36 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,844,138 times
Quote:
"Earnings are up slightly"? what is that supposed to mean. Is this your measuring stick to see if the economy is doing well or not?

How about foreclosures are worse then ever and unemployment is worse now then in the last 30 years.

Keep drinking the koolaid buddy. The economy is not "turning around".
It means that the economy is starting to head in the right direction. Spending is up too. I know it is difficult to come to terms with the fact that President Obama cannot wave his magic wand and put everything back to pre Bush days. I know it is hard to comprehend that the Housing and job crisis happened before Onama took office and I know that the real "KoolAid" drinkers are hell bent on criticising the President no matter what he says or does. I see the American Flag flown with pride everywhere i look in America and then i hear the Garbage that is spoken about the President. Stop Whinging and actually do something to help America. It's about time all Americans sang from the same song sheet.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
It means that the economy is starting to head in the right direction. Spending is up too. I know it is difficult to come to terms with the fact that President Obama cannot wave his magic wand and put everything back to pre Bush days. I know it is hard to comprehend that the Housing and job crisis happened before Onama took office and I know that the real "KoolAid" drinkers are hell bent on criticising the President no matter what he says or does. I see the American Flag flown with pride everywhere i look in America and then i hear the Garbage that is spoken about the President. Stop Whinging and actually do something to help America. It's about time all Americans sang from the same song sheet.
No actually it means the economy is just not sinking as fast. it is not headed in the right direction. You really need to check the economic news and stats. We will not talk about foreclosures and unemployment though.
We'll talk about "earnings". Earnings that can be manipulated by many accounting tricks.
Just once I wish someone would read for comprehension.
I have never been a person who believes the president has the power to turn around an economy. It is up to Americans to keep working and start planning their finances more wisely and stop relying on Government to be there to bail them out at every turn.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:46 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,928,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Negresco View Post
Understand! President is a public figure and HE has ties with many powers so he could spread his influence. I just want you to think more about The United States of America, not about lawn not being mawned in front of your house.
What a stupid comment. What we should worry about is how far this country will deteriorate and if there is a chance for anyone to bring it back. You blind sheep kill me. Do you really not see what has happened to our country under this political monopoly? Wake up before it is too late!

Old 06-01-2009, 07:51 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,928,786 times
Default Consumer spending dips, savings rate surges

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Consumer spending dips, savings rate surges

Consumer spending dipped 0.1 percent in April. That was slightly less than the 0.2 percent reduction economists were expecting, although it marked the second straight month that consumers cut back. The pullback came after a burst of buying at the start of the year as shoppers took advantage of deeply discounted merchandise and other promotion.

Consumer spending dips, savings rate surges - Yahoo! Finance (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Consumer-spending-registers-apf-15397361.html?sec=topStories&pos=3&asset=&ccode - broken link)=

Old 06-01-2009, 07:51 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,726,480 times
Quote:
No actually it means the economy is just not sinking as fast. it is not headed in the right direction. You really need to check the economic news and stats. We will not talk about foreclosures and unemployment though.
We'll talk about "earnings". Earnings that can be manipulated by many accounting tricks.
I have never been a person who believes the president has the power to turn around an economy. It is up to Americans to keep working and start planning their finances more wisely and stop relying on Government to be there to bail them out at every turn.
On the money! Most of whats out there is simply "feel good" propaganda.
The average person has'nt the time or ability to analyze what they are being fed. Too used to the five second sound byte.

Americans need to start working smarter, as far as their personal fianaces are concerned. Become reliant on themselves instead of thinking govt will be there to make it all right. Your well being is your responsibility, not the govt's.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post
On the money! Most of whats out there is simply "feel good" propaganda.
The average person has'nt the time or ability to analyze what they are being fed. Too used to the five second sound byte.

Americans need to start working smarter, as far as their personal fianaces are concerned. Become reliant on themselves instead of thinking govt will be there to make it all right. Your well being is your responsibility, not the govt's.
That was about the worst argument I ever read for an improving economy. Earnings-- And maybe earnings are not as bad because firms have cut out about 2 million salaries in the last 2 years? not to mention can manipulate numbers.

The stupidity out there is astonishing.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:59 AM

Quote:
NO it actualy means the Economy is stabalising and is showing indications of a turn around.. You do know what a indicator is, don't you? Most Financiers are now saying that the American Economy is starting down the road to recovery but how long the road is, no one knows yet.
You have never believed that President has the power to turn around a economy? The President decides what policies will be a priority or not. The President and his team decide on how money is spent in America and much more.
If you want to walk around in "sack cloth" wringing your hands and weeping into your berer..go ahead but their is now light at the end of the tunnel in America and Obama is the man who is going to fix the huge mess he inherited.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:04 AM

At the moment the ONLY people getting Bailouts are the big corporations. The hard working American citizens are NOT getting bailouts. The well to do are whinging the hard pressed Americans are getting on with the job of taking care of their families. The ONLY scroungers who are asking to be bailed out are the Fat Cats. Govt is voted in for the benefit of America and the American people. So far it is corporate America that is begging for Govt help and handouts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies