Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 06:03 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,061,693 times

Advertisements

Affectionate Action? Cos we just do
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 06:08 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,205,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Well, white guys don't need it any more.

Please tell me about how affirmative action has harmed you and raised your racial tension.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:08 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,201,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
What are you? A Wise Guy? ...

- Reel
Why are you taking that tone with me? The OP said that AA required people to hire unqualified people.

You are so opposed to AA that you are insulting people who are correcting the OP. Why are you aggressive towards me, who was right, when the OP said something idiotic?

Old 06-02-2009, 07:20 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,560,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Why should a company or Govt. agency have to hire a person who is NOT qualified,why ?

Why are you assuming that the person who is not a white male is automatically unqualified? This also means you are assuming that every white male is qualified.

Quote:
I worked many yrs for the City of N.Y. and witness this Aff. Action B.S. 1st hand.....I have seen people passed over for promotion many times because they were NOT the right color or backround.
That has happened to black people countless hundreds of times in our history.
Quote:

All that comes out of Aff. Action is a less productive work force,plain and simple! I say this not because minorities are less qualified (because some liberal fool will say this is what I mean) but if you educated people instead of giving hand outs we would have a work force that would rival any in the world. Instead Aff. Action rewards the less educated and punishes the people who tried hard to get educated and move up in the work force.
Absolute bs. It has even been determined in your own state that the state itself has purposefully undereducated people in NYC and other urban areas. So if minorities are undereducated, and the work force suffers for it, it is directly the fault of the state.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:32 AM

52,329 posts, read 34,085,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salukifan1 View Post
Colin Powell is a firm believer in the need for continued affirmative action.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/01/19/powell.race/index.htmlc (broken link)

He's been branded a RINO; so much for respecting honor, service and bravery.
in the liberal world, 'respecting honor, service and bravery' necessitates ignoring reality and posting six-year-old links.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:42 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,201,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
in the liberal world, 'respecting honor, service and bravery' necessitates ignoring reality and posting six-year-old links.
Has Powell's view on AA changed?

So you have nothing to say to the point. Just pathetic and shameful attempts at distraction.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:04 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,597,896 times
I find it funny that liberals seem to not have read the O.P. very carefully......or they did read it carefully but now are trying to put the typical liberal spin on things..O well.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:09 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,597,896 times
Sunil's Dad wrote:

Why are you assuming that the person who is not a white male is automatically unqualified? This also means you are assuming that every white male is qualified.

It is you who must be the racist...I was speaking of A.A. and promoting people who do not pass tests or what have you but get promoted anyway...Did I ever say whites were smarter?...no I did not.

See typical liberal B.S spin...

Old 06-02-2009, 01:25 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,560,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Sunil's Dad wrote:

It is you who must be the racist...I was speaking of A.A. and promoting people who do not pass tests or what have you but get promoted anyway...Did I ever say whites were smarter?...no I did not.

See typical liberal B.S spin...
But you only cast aspersions on the qualifications of nonwhites......not whites who get promoted despite their incompetence. Yeah, I must be the racist.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:31 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,579,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Has Powell's view on AA changed?

So you have nothing to say to the point. Just pathetic and shameful attempts at distraction.

The point is, we just got our first "affirmative action President", and the nation is in utter ruins. He cheerfully hires tax cheats (Geithner), racists (Stotameyer), retards (Biden) and the unethical(Clinton). I'd quit this discussion before you really embarras yourself IDAHOAGIE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies