Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 10:53 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
If Fox is the only network covering this incident I have to wonder if it actually happened.

It isn't just Fox covering this story.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/03/us...it.html?ref=us
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 11:02 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
I know of at least one college professor at Columbia University who is happy about it. After all, he's the one who wished for the deaths of millions of American soldiers and he's still on staff at Columbia.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:03 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Well, do you think the mainstream press is anti-war and anti-fundamentalist?
To answer your question, with the exception of FOX News, yes.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:06 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Default This should please the anti-war crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
Fellow was doing his job, ya know? No mention of the soldier's family, yet, but I'm sure there are some.
Explain how this should "please the anti-war crowd."

As I understand it, they oppose war due to the killing involved.

Quote:
I really really hate cowards.
Me, too.

Especially the kind that talks real big as long as it's someone else going off to war.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:24 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
regarding the original post, i would like to offer my sympathy to the families of the soldiers killed. i think women might have a slightly different take on the war issue than men generally. they are mothers who spend their whole lives trying to keep their children safe, while men try to protect their families. i think more women might be anti-war as a concept but that certainly does not mean that they are anti-soldier. it is quite the opposite, and we just want our children safe from harm. it is disgraceful what the shooter did and i hope that he is appropriately punished by the maximum penalty available to him.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:43 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Just disappointed that the right can't talk without learned right-wing spin.
Sort of like the learned left wing spin.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:45 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Examples, please, of any anti-war, anti-military organized nut groups.....also, left wing hate groups. What is a left-wing hate group? Who do they hate? What types of violent behavior do they participate in? I really don't know any such groups, but that doesn't mean they aren't out there. I just don't know the names of such groups............other than some radical groups from the 1960s......and those people are mostly in their 60s or older now and physically not capable of more violence than talking.

Who (names of groups/people) are these liberal anti-war hate groups?
Code Pink is one of them..

Old 06-02-2009, 11:46 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,936,800 times
Hmmm... didn't follow the OP's link - don't know what it will do to my computer. From the title, I can tell that whoever the author of the article was, he didn't do his research... the soldiers who got killed were NOT recruiters.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:48 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Sort of like the learned left wing spin.
Avoiding an issue and hiding from it is not "spin" - it is cowardice.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:09 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,187,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
Fellow was doing his job, ya know? No mention of the soldier's family, yet, but I'm sure there are some.

I really really hate cowards, same goes for the shooter in Wichita, KS, yesterday.

Military recruiter killed in Ark shooting - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090601/ap_on_re_us/us_recruiters_shot - broken link)

I consider myself pretty much anti-war and I find this act to be appalling, disgusting, and of the worst sort. If you honestly think that someone, just because they do not support the war in Iraq would take some sort of pleasure in this, then it is obvious the "you are with us or against us" mentality is still alive and well.

George Bush essentially called every American who did not support his war to be his enemy and hence a traitor and for that I will never forgive such a childish and moronic man who speaks in such adolescent absolutism. You sound as though you are doing the same and if so, then I have to ask as the bumper sticker asks... Why are there so many people here telling ME that I should be over there?

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 06-02-2009 at 04:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies