Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 01:56 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,451,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Lets see. Drugs? Yeah..Obama was a pot/coke head. Could still be. Bidens family loves the blow. Prostitutes? , Check out Barney Frank's lover (he also ties in to the stealing money part, I wonder why Bawney didnt want regulations?). Gays? Ummm......Mr Frank again.

What else? Both parties have very rotten apples.
Funny how a 'winger would think any of those is even remotely in the same league as sex with animals and children. But I suppose when y'all have sunk down to that level, the muck starts to look pretty much the same, doesn't it...?

And let's not forget which party's been going around self-righteously attacking gays, promiscuity and infidelity, while piously preaching "abstinence", "chastity" and "family values"... yet famously violating all of said "values" on such a monumental scale that the word "hypocrisy" can't begin to do it justice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
not as many as lefties. eco terrorists are the number 1 threat. just watch an episode of whale wars.
Again, not even close. Tell it to the victims of Right Wingers Scott Roeder (killed Dr. George Tiller), Pittsburgh triple cop killer Richard Poplawski (Obama's gonna take away our guns!), and Oklahoma bomber Timothy McVeigh (168 dead).

And that doesn't count "Dubya" ("they have WMD's!") Bush, already with over 4300 American casualties in Iraq and counting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 02:04 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,513,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Funny how a 'winger would think any of those is even remotely in the same league as sex with animals and children. .

It is funny. Now please point to where I said that.

Old 06-04-2009, 02:08 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,849,513 times
How is being 88% white a problem? Do you have a problem with the NBA having mostly black athletes? Do you have a problem with blacks being over-represented in the entertainment industry (per capita)?

I, for one, am not ashamed of being white. I am not a Republican because it is 88% white. The color of those in the party is not relevant..

Old 06-04-2009, 02:09 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,513,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
How is being 88% white a problem? Do you have a problem with the NBA having mostly black athletes? Do you have a problem with blacks being over-represented in the entertainment industry (per capita)?

I, for one, am not ashamed of being white. I am not a Republican because it is 88% white. The color of those in the party is not relevant..

For most people.

Obvioulsy some people are hung up on race (i.e. the OP)

Old 06-04-2009, 04:43 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,451,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Obviously some people are hung up on race
Yeah, like maybe the party that invented the Southern Strategy:

Lee Atwater: "You start out in 1954 by saying, “nigg*r, nigg*r, nigg*r.” By 1968 you can't say “nigg*r”—that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like "forced busing", "states' rights" and all that stuff."

Old 06-04-2009, 04:47 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,841,798 times
Quote:
Funny how a 'winger would think any of those is even remotely in the same league as sex with animals and children. But I suppose when y'all have sunk down to that level, the muck starts to look pretty much the same, doesn't it...?

And let's not forget which party's been going around self-righteously attacking gays, promiscuity and infidelity, while piously preaching "abstinence", "chastity" and "family values"... yet famously violating all of said "values" on such a monumental scale that the word "hypocrisy" can't begin to do it justice!

Again, not even close. Tell it to the victims of Right Wingers Scott Roeder (killed Dr. George Tiller), Pittsburgh triple cop killer Richard Poplawski (Obama's gonna take away our guns!), and Oklahoma bomber Timothy McVeigh (168 dead).

And that doesn't count "Dubya" ("they have WMD's!") Bush, already with over 4300 American casualties in Iraq and counting.
the FBI disagrees with you kiddo. I win.

FOXNews.com - FBI: Eco-Terrorism Remains No. 1 Domestic Terror Threat - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Old 06-04-2009, 04:50 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salukifan1 View Post
Statistics and demographics don't have political agendas. They can be misused by those who do, but padcrasher simply cited a link that is reflective
of most other polls as well as the way the votes were cast in November. It
would have spoken volumes if the GOP had embraced Michael Steele and
Colin Powell, instead of ignoring, in the case of Steele, and denigrating, in the
case of Powell. FYI, the left clearly overcame color barriers last November; if the Republicans expect to win national elections, they will have to address
whether or not they're content to let Limbaugh and Coulter speak for them.
Yeah I'm sure the Democratic Party overcame the color barriers, it must have happened after all the racist campaign ads 0bama and the democrats falsely predicted would be coming from McCain and the RNC. Or maybe they over came the color barrier after the democrats stopped complaining that 0bama was not black enough, or had no slave blood. Wait a tic, it must have been after Bill Clinton claimed that 0bama's campaign pulled the race card on him.

Like I said, democrats wallow in racial bigotry and can never get off race as a wedge issue, or even as an opportunity to start a thread in these here forums.

And there you go reinforcing the wallowing in race, by claiming the republicans need to embrace Powell and Seele, simply because they have dark skin.

Old 06-04-2009, 04:51 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post

Oh. My. God.

I knew FAUX was bad, but this is really juvenile. I cannot believe that in this day and age there is a major propaganda outlet like FAUX available on any television set that works.

Old 06-04-2009, 04:52 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Yeah, like maybe the party that invented the Southern Strategy:

Lee Atwater: "You start out in 1954 by saying, “nigg*r, nigg*r, nigg*r.” By 1968 you can't say “nigg*r”—that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like "forced busing", "states' rights" and all that stuff."

You definitely know your history.

Old 06-04-2009, 04:52 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,841,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Oh. My. God.

I knew FAUX was bad, but this is really juvenile. I cannot believe that in this day and age there is a major propaganda outlet like FAUX available on any television set that works.
um, it wasn't a fox claim. it was the FBI's. is that really hard for your to understand, or just hard for you to admit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies