Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 01:40 PM

1,263 posts, read 2,334,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
The fact that it is biased, whether one direction or the other, is enough to dismiss it as a legitimate source. If they don't publish their data gathering algorithm, I'm not interested in seeing the results.
That's ridiculous. Think of what you are saying:
You dismiss a poll by an organization which has an excellent reputation. Their poll results indicate that most Palestinians support murder. And your reason for dismissing is that the organization is biased - IN FAVOR OF THE PALESTINIANS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 07:39 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,970,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
OK, you made a statement as though it's fact. It's really just off the top of your head, isn't it? WHAT'S YOUR SOURCE?

The FACT is that the majority of Palestinians support the TARGETING of unarmed civilians. Unlike you, I do have a source:
FactsOfIsrael.com: Poll: Majority of Palestinians support homicide/suicide bombings and wish for the destruction of the State of Israel

And BTW, the Palestinian population is 98.7% Muslim and the few Christians left are being persecuted in Palestinian-controlled areas. Palestine’s Christians Continue to Suffer Persecution
Based on video below does not seem like Christians are only being persecuted by Palestinians.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hefIt...eature=related

Old 06-03-2009, 09:06 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,872,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Based on video below does not seem like Christians are only being persecuted by Palestinians.

YouTube - Jewish Hate Caught on tape
Unfortunately, this attitude of hatred is rampant against any non-Jews. "Nazis"! Their sense of entitlement that the land is given to them by a God they obviously have no respect for!

Old 06-04-2009, 06:45 AM

"Islamist-controlled" Palestinian Authority burns down Christian village,
in the words and testimony of the Christians themselves

YouTube - Palestinian Christians Face Persecution

Old 06-04-2009, 06:58 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,940,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
I know of few people who believe Hamas wishes to live in peace. Palestinian Christians and Muslim citizens not belonging to Hamas want to.
That is the sad thing. Most of the people in that region, Jews, Palestinians, etc... want to live in peace. It is once again the extremists that control the debate and make the policy. Moderates are left out of the picture. Kind of sounds like American politics when I think about it that way.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:54 AM

Palestinians attack and destroy Christian schools and churches in Gaza

YouTube - Christian in Gaza

Old 06-04-2009, 10:05 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,891,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
That is the sad thing. Most of the people in that region, Jews, Palestinians, etc... want to live in peace. It is once again the extremists that control the debate and make the policy. Moderates are left out of the picture. Kind of sounds like American politics when I think about it that way.
Muslims in the region who want to live in peace and who befriend Jews are quickly labeled "collaborators" and are threatened or murdered by the prevailing majority. This is something that people outside the area do not understand, and that some people here and elsewhere wish to conceal. Therefore, "making peace" with Israel is, for many Palestinians, literally a matter of death at the hands of their own people. There are Jews in Israel who do not approve of befriending Muslims, but at least they won't kill you for it. Herein lies the fundamental difference between Muslim and Jewish cultures in the Middle East.

I have lived in Israel for several years and split my time between there and the states. I know what I'm talking about.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Muslims in the region who want to live in peace and who befriend Jews are quickly labeled "collaborators" and are threatened or murdered by the prevailing majority. This is something that people outside the area do not understand, and that some people here and elsewhere wish to conceal. Therefore, "making peace" with Israel is, for many Palestinians, literally a matter of death at the hands of their own people. There are Jews in Israel who do not approve of befriending Muslims, but at least they won't kill you for it. Herein lies the fundamental difference between Muslim and Jewish cultures in the Middle East.

I have lived in Israel for several years and split my time between there and the states. I know what I'm talking about.
Agreed
They murder not only Israelis. They murder each other. Those they do not agree with are called collaborators. There is an amorality that runs through their society. If they treat their own people like this, how can they be expected to treat others?
Here are a couple of sad accounts of the ongoing murders of "collaborators":

YouTube - Hamas accused of killing Palestinian opponents - 08 Feb 09

Old 06-04-2009, 12:43 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,399,817 times
Oh no!! Not the same Hamas that Rev. Wright welcomed to Obama's Trinity United Church??? Can't be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies