Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2009, 03:35 PM

1,201 posts, read 2,346,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Now wait....now wait.....now wait...

The Ten Commandments were for JEWS to follow. CHRISTIANS weren't even imagined when the Commandments were first written down.
not to labor the point, and, perhaps a bit pedantic, your statement about christians and their ultimate place in the scheme of redemption, is unsupported in the scriptures of the old testament, under the law of moses, and from the beginning of time in the garden. please do your research for the answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 03:40 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchef View Post
some of your rant is correct. i guess you are the one w/ whom i proposed to discuss some issues re: homosexuality and the bible. however, after reading some of your statements, i determined that i had better things to do than to argue senselessly w/ one who obviously suffers from delusions of self grandeur. unhappy, self-deprecating, maladjusted, individuals often live their lives w/ secondary and tertiary diagnoses, which ultimately stem from self-loathing sexual identity issues. this seems to be the case in this instance. no soup for you! NEXT!!!
Sure, if you don't like the message, attack the messenger.

Old 06-05-2009, 04:56 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchef View Post
not to labor the point, and, perhaps a bit pedantic, your statement about christians and their ultimate place in the scheme of redemption, is unsupported in the scriptures of the old testament, under the law of moses, and from the beginning of time in the garden. please do your research for the answers.
What the hell are you talking about? I didn't make a statement about "christians and their ultimate place in the scheme of redemption". You do think you're full of yourself....and some other stuff.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:45 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,137,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
The name "bigot" appeared and I just wondered if it would apply to Pres. Obama since he does not support homosexual "marriage."
Thank you for explaining.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:47 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
The name "bigot" appeared and I just wondered if it would apply to Pres. Obama since he does not support homosexual "marriage."
Obviously, obama doesn't think it natural either.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:53 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
As far as I can tell, the word "marriage" is a religious word.

Religion owns it.

The sexulars made an attempt to co-op the word "marriage" after showing a health reason for blood tests.

If gays want to be married, they will need to deal with religion, not Government, otherwise Government would be respecting religion too damn much.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:01 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,956,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
As far as I can tell, the word "marriage" is a religious word.

Religion owns it.

The sexulars made an attempt to co-op the word "marriage" after showing a health reason for blood tests.

If gays want to be married, they will need to deal with religion, not Government, otherwise Government would be respecting religion too damn much.
Well the problem with associating it with religion is that it forces those who do not believe in god to disassociate themself from marriage. Why should they do this - where is the equality in that? What about religions like Buddhism or Taoism which don't have confines as the other religions.... It's a messy argumment. This is outdated mentality based on a time when science couldn't provide the knowledge that society has gained over time and has given rise to Athiests and Agnostics- now should they be excluded to marry the person they love based on their beliefs? Are we saying now that the only people who can marry are people connected to religion - if so which religion - all religions?

When you look at it, not everybody requires religion... the majority of individuals who are religious are not entiredly devoted to that religion and fall short of the very scripts of their religion - What are we going to do ... create a religious police to ensure that everyone plays by the rigid rules of a particular religion....

Last edited by mississauga75; 06-05-2009 at 09:10 PM..

Old 06-05-2009, 09:05 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
Well the problem with associating it with religion is that it forces those who do not believe in god to disassociate itself with marriage. Why should they do this - where is the equality in that? This is outdated mentality based on a time when science couldn't prove what has proven now... I mean Athiests and Agnostics should be able to marry the person they love -- so should homosexuals.
Naw - y'all can have civil ceremonies.

You ARE civil, aren't you?

Old 06-05-2009, 09:11 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,956,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Naw - y'all can have civil ceremonies.

You ARE civil, aren't you?
Who are you all? - i've expanded my post please read again and lemme know.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:16 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,521,282 times
God knows they'll do a good job raising the chick not to be "bigoted" and waste it's life ignorantly hating people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies