Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 04:20 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,868,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I think some of you need to retake a biology class for humans ARE in the Kingdom Animalia...that's the Animal Kingdom in case the -ia threw you for a loop.
Pffft. Read your Bible, it says that people aren't animals. It also says that bats are type of bird and tells people not to eat four legged insects. There's a lot of concrete facts in there.

On a serious note, homosexuality has been witness in animals both captive and in nature. And a wide variety of species too, it's not something that is restricted to one group of animals or a certain kind of animal. It is "natural" it might not be common, but it is certain natural in the sense that it does occur in nature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 04:21 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,346,054 times
Default when in the course of human...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
What the hell are you talking about? I didn't make a statement about "christians and their ultimate place in the scheme of redemption". You do think you're full of yourself....and some other stuff.

i apologize. my bad. i was under the impression that the individual to which i was responding was both over the age of six and took the responsibility for what they espoused. my reading skills must be slipping. "yeah...yeah, that's deh ticket!"

Old 06-06-2009, 04:42 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,346,054 times
Lightbulb stuart smally, where are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Sure, if you don't like the message, attack the messenger.
cultures, races, ethnicities, and, yes, individuals, who see themselves always as victims, will accomplish little in life and contribute much less to the society in which they find themselves. try to be other things than the proverbial victim---"it's a good thing!"

Old 06-06-2009, 05:39 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchef View Post
she's a very FREAKY girl!!!
some of your rant is correct. i guess you are the one w/ whom i proposed to discuss some issues re: homosexuality and the bible. however, after reading some of your statements, i determined that i had better things to do than to argue senselessly w/ one who obviously suffers from delusions of self grandeur. unhappy, self-deprecating, maladjusted, individuals often live their lives w/ secondary and tertiary diagnoses, which ultimately stem from self-loathing sexual identity issues. this seems to be the case in this instance. no soup for you! NEXT!!!
WOW! So first you call me childish and stupid. Now you call me a ranting freak with delusions of self grandeur, maladjusted, unhappy, self-deprecating, self-loathing etc?

And all because I said you don't know much about sexual orientation because your opinions are based on 50-100 year old debunked theories usually only found in old textbooks and extremist anti-gay websites?

Do you always go off the deep end like that when people challenge your opinions?

Old 06-06-2009, 03:35 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,955,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchef View Post
cultures, races, ethnicities, and, yes, individuals, who see themselves always as victims, will accomplish little in life and contribute much less to the society in which they find themselves. try to be other things than the proverbial victim---"it's a good thing!"
This is nonsense to the maximum degree... Individuals who are extended the dignity of being treated as equals in society and have their rights to pursue happiness without fear of persecution or retribution from society will contribute more to a society - It is the persecutors and detractors of these rights who are doing their part to hold society back - not the 'victims'

The victims through adversity become stronger. As a well adjusted gay male in a country with a more fair arbiter of rights and freedoms for individuals- i am a strong contributing membor of my society. You should try it sometime!

Old 06-06-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post

On a serious note, homosexuality has been witness in animals both captive and in nature. And a wide variety of species too, it's not something that is restricted to one group of animals or a certain kind of animal. It is "natural" it might not be common, but it is certain natural in the sense that it does occur in nature.
Yes and the full extent as to why this activity happens is unknown. I think a fair assessment is that population control would be a factor considering that in 1900 the population of the earth was 1.65 billion - 2008 it was 6.7 billion.. It doesn't take a complex mathematical model to determine that population growth is exploding... if anything the world needs more homosexuals to mitigate this... I see major issues with competition of resources in the future....Thus the logic for nature to have a natural solution to counter a natural problem.

I digress though, God will be there for us and build us a bigger planet

Old 06-06-2009, 05:19 PM

1,801 posts, read 3,553,043 times
Oh Nature, so wise, so often silenced by man's whims, self-interest and prejudice. But of course homosexuality is natural. And of course heterosexuality, bisexuality and even a tiny share of asexuality are natural. We are sexual beings, that's all (and the tiny percentage of 100% asexual people would be sort of a birth controller I guess). If a male of any mammal species is in heat, he will do anything available, be it a male or a female. Do you need more than that? And a few of them won't feel any interest whatsoever in the female of the species ever in their lives, yet will jump to any male that comes near them, or the most desirable ones at least! I have living proof living in my house, my beautiful dog, whose homosexuality is blatant!

Then of course, humans are not dogs (unfortunately in some cases). First of all, we have a better prepared consciousness of self. We think in a complex, abstract way. We plan in advance, we hesitate and all. Because we fantasize and feel deeper and have established ethics and a tendency to relate on much more levels, we desire our own species (versus a dog, that can feel completely satisfied if he's very anxious making love to, say, a hoe -come to think of it, so can and do many humans lol-). Secondly, we love and we channel our love through sex, among others. So, a homosexual man (female sexuality in my opinion is more fluid, that's why I speak of males here) will want to have sex with another man and maybe eventually be in love with him. What's so unnatural? Is this even worth debating? I think it's so unnatural to deny nature, and SO improductive...

Old 06-06-2009, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noela View Post
Oh Nature, so wise, so often silenced by man's whims, self-interest and prejudice. But of course homosexuality is natural. And of course heterosexuality, bisexuality and even a tiny share of asexuality are natural. We are sexual beings, that's all (and the tiny percentage of 100% asexual people would be sort of a birth controller I guess). If a male of any mammal species is in heat, he will do anything available, be it a male or a female. Do you need more than that? And a few of them won't feel any interest whatsoever in the female of the species ever in their lives, yet will jump to any male that comes near them, or the most desirable ones at least! I have living proof living in my house, my beautiful dog, whose homosexuality is blatant!

Then of course, humans are not dogs (unfortunately in some cases). First of all, we have a better prepared consciousness of self. We think in a complex, abstract way. We plan in advance, we hesitate and all. Because we fantasize and feel deeper and have established ethics and a tendency to relate on much more levels, we desire our own species (versus a dog, that can feel completely satisfied if he's very anxious making love to, say, a hoe -come to think of it, so can and do many humans lol-). Secondly, we love and we channel our love through sex, among others. So, a homosexual man (female sexuality in my opinion is more fluid, that's why I speak of males here) will want to have sex with another man and maybe eventually be in love with him. What's so unnatural? Is this even worth debating? I think it's so unnatural to deny nature, and SO improductive...
I like the complexity and simplicity of this post at the same time

Old 06-06-2009, 05:37 PM

1,801 posts, read 3,553,043 times
oops... Where I said "hoe" I really meant "shoe", but I guess it was some sort of freudian slip? Lol... I meant no disrespect however

Thanks for the thumbs-up

Old 06-06-2009, 08:00 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noela View Post
oops... Where I said "hoe" I really meant "shoe", but I guess it was some sort of freudian slip? Lol... I meant no disrespect however

Thanks for the thumbs-up
*laugh* I was thinking "hoes?" as in... garden tools? Huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies