Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2009, 02:07 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch
Clearly the liberal freaks want to rewrite history, as evidenced by LML's fantasies. Here is a dose of reality:
lmao, do you know the difference from ideology and political party i think u do not, but still remember how kevin philips said the republican party only need 10% of the black vote and no more than that!! lmao he's the southern strategy strategist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 02:15 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
That does not jive with actual history. It was the Republicans who supported Civil Rights, not the Democrats. Sen. Robert "KKK" Byrd himself filibustered the Civil Rights Act of 1964 for 14 hours before it was passed by the Republicans.

Martin Luther King Jr. was a Republican, as has been EVERY civil rights leader that has ever accomplished anything. Democrats have been, and still are, the biggest bigots in the nation.
MLK was independent, MLK also spoke with LBJ he sure in the hell didnt speak with barry goldwater, black people know the deal and thats all that matters which is why most are democrats today..

what kind of republicans supported blacks? liberal ones lmao.. where are the liberak republicans today.. practiCALLY non existent

even the NBRA cant prove MLK jr was a republican! oh my bad you said MLK as in MLK sr

Old 06-21-2009, 02:25 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
That does not jive with actual history. It was the Republicans who supported Civil Rights, not the Democrats. Sen. Robert "KKK" Byrd himself filibustered the Civil Rights Act of 1964 for 14 hours before it was passed by the Republicans.

Martin Luther King Jr. was a Republican, as has been EVERY civil rights leader that has ever accomplished anything. Democrats have been, and still are, the biggest bigots in the nation.
I cant believe people in this day and age are still trying to promote, and I suppose still trying to believe, this old lie.

And who was the president in 1964?

Once the Civil Rights Act was passed in 1964 the Dixiecrats migrated to the Republican party. The CRA lost the South for the Ds. The Dixiecrats and (as you would whitewash, I mean call them today) "conservative" southerners all went over to the Republican party.

You did know that, didnt you? I dont think you're a clueless teenager.

As for the rest of your hallucinatory post: Yes you bet, the Rs are certainly the party of civil rights, I guess that's why blacks overwhelmingly vote Republican, right?

Is it just that the Rs havent been able to get their welcoming, compassionate, inclusive, encouraging message across in 45 years?

Old 02-16-2010, 05:19 AM

47 posts, read 99,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I cant believe people in this day and age are still trying to promote, and I suppose still trying to believe, this old lie.

And who was the president in 1964?

Once the Civil Rights Act was passed in 1964 the Dixiecrats migrated to the Republican party. The CRA lost the South for the Ds. The Dixiecrats and (as you would whitewash, I mean call them today) "conservative" southerners all went over to the Republican party.

You did know that, didnt you? I dont think you're a clueless teenager.

As for the rest of your hallucinatory post: Yes you bet, the Rs are certainly the party of civil rights, I guess that's why blacks overwhelmingly vote Republican, right?

Is it just that the Rs havent been able to get their welcoming, compassionate, inclusive, encouraging message across in 45 years?

It's not an old lie at all. The kkk was created by demos for demos. Oh & If you want to know JFK voted down civil rights as a congress man in the 50's, only when he saw the political gain in it was he willing to push for civil rights... Don't you know your history? Didn't you, you did know that right? I don't think you are a clueless old hag...

The African American vote over the several last decades has gone to the democrats because democrats have pushed for things such as welfare & education. Now I don't disagree with education but the demos are pulling the wool over anyones eyes with the welfare. This dates back to Hamilton & Jefferson. Hamilton a democrat wanted citizens to live in cities & own less property there by making people reliant on the government where as Jefferson felt people should own their own farms & the government should interfere less. The Democrats with welfare knew they would make citizens less self reliant regardless of race but an easy way to keep people down & the demos look like heroes & everyones a winner! Right?
Teach a man to fish... or throw him a fish per day... soon your hand will get tired. When you are tired who will feed you?

Old 02-16-2010, 05:22 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lentzr View Post
Why are 90% of black Americans so alienated from the GOP? I have a few African-American friends who actually sound very Republican but would never vote for the GOP. On social issues (like the family and gay rights) black Americans can be the most conservative segments of society. Questioning my friends on why this is, I could not get a straight answer other than they are "racist." Why really are African-Americans alienated from the GOP?

Whether your friends are right or wrong, you can't get a more straight answer than the one you got.

One concise word, racist.

That is the perception in the African American community and that is why they don't vote for Republicans.

So the problem isn't that there isn't a straight answer, the problem is that you don't like the straight answer as given.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:32 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
MLK was independent, MLK also spoke with LBJ he sure in the hell didnt speak with barry goldwater, black people know the deal and thats all that matters which is why most are democrats today..

what kind of republicans supported blacks? liberal ones lmao.. where are the liberak republicans today.. practiCALLY non existent

even the NBRA cant prove MLK jr was a republican! oh my bad you said MLK as in MLK sr
Barry Goldwater didn't support the Civil Rights Act or other civil rights legislation. His "rationale" behind it was that it was "the state's job" to enforce voting rights and not the job of the federal government. I'm sorry, but the constitution says you can vote. Many states, specifically in the South, were not upholding the right to vote. Blacks were basically disenfranchised politically. Johnson signed the Voting Rights Act, so for this reason, Blacks voted for him afterwards. Reagan didn't like much of the civil rights legislation from the sixties. He opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Reagan has a lousy record in civil rights. In 1966, he ran for governor of California and he wanted to get rid of the Fair Housing Act. This is a direct quote from Reagan himself "If an individual wants to discriminate against Negroes or others in selling or renting his house, he has a right to do so."
His rationale was the same as Goldwater's: "states rights". He felt the federal government shouldn't get involved.
Reagan went down to Mississippi, Neshoba County specifically, where three civil rights workers were murdered by the police. He addressed and crowd and said "I believe in states' rights". The fact that there were hardly any Blacks in the crowd might say something about this.

I personally have no respect for Reagan or Goldwater. This comes from my heart.

If one wonders why there are few, if any, African-Americans voting Republican, this might be part of why.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:49 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,614,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Oh the GOP's problem is a lot more than just blacks.

2/3rds of Asians vote Dem. 2/3rds of Hipanics vote Dem. 2/3rds of all other minorities vote Dem.

I would guess it' because the GOP doesn't want to educate their kids. The GOP doesn't want to provide a minimum safety net for their mentally disabled, their elderly.

The GOP is against raising the minimum wage, against health care, against worker safety legislation, against clean air standards.

That's just for starters.
When I was 9 I was convinced my parents had unlimited money and could buy me whatever I wanted. When they didn't, I thought they were very mean and didn't want me to have fun.

Now I realize, of course, that there is a limit to the amount of money they could spend. Do you see any parallel there?

Old 12-15-2010, 11:26 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Whether your friends are right or wrong, you can't get a more straight answer than the one you got.

One concise word, racist.

That is the perception in the African American community and that is why they don't vote for Republicans.

So the problem isn't that there isn't a straight answer, the problem is that you don't like the straight answer as given.
Now only if the AA communities could recognize their fierce hatred and racism for anything not like them, then maybe they could get passed it. See, the shoe fits on both feet here.

Old 12-15-2010, 02:22 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Most black folk, have never been educated that the Democratic party is the party of the KKK
Most Black folk don't know, it was a majority of Republicans that were for and passed the civil rights that LBJ got lambasted by his own party for. That is why he did not run for re-election.

Old 12-15-2010, 03:59 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Because the GOP is hostile towards black folks. In some quarters, they openly hate black people. In other quarters, they may not openly hate black people, but their hatred (or strong dislike) is certainly palpable. It's not all about politics because black folks aren't even liberal for the most part.

That's the reason. No need in sugarcoating it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies