Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 11:23 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,082,216 times

Advertisements

As for "material offered," I looked at the C Hitchens link and it said nothing about J's Koran as I noted in an earlier post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Well Your President told us he created 150,000 jobs with the stimulus.
That source you accept.
Source for your claim, please?

("please try again in 50 seconds")

"22"...la, la, la....

"4"....

Old 06-04-2009, 11:25 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,631,345 times
But he didn't even speak of it in that context in his speech, he simply said that Islam has always been a part of American history. He did not imply in any way that Jefferson or Adams supported Islam and it's teachings.

Again, to the people accusing Obama of this, can you please show me the quote from his speech that leads you to believe this? He simply states that Jefferson owned a Koran, and read a quote from John Adams stating that the US has no animosity towards Muslims.

How exactly does that, and I quote from OP, mean he was "strongly implying that our Founding Fathers were supporters of Islam and what it teaches."

Old 06-04-2009, 11:26 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,560,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Hahaha, really terrible try.

People make claims.

They need to back them up. This is REALLY basic. Doesnt get more basic than this.

None of you can defend your heavily credentialed Baltimorean's claim.

He doesnt give a source, I can only suppose.

Yet you all insist that because he has appended a lot of leis to his name, his claim therefore is correct.

All I can say is
He is an academician which you seem to value. He did research that led to this conclusion. Given that Obama offers an opposing view of the matter, what was his source? Given the context of what Jefferson was facing with the barbary pirates, the Dr.'s view makes sense.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
He is an academician which you seem to value. He did research that led to this conclusion. Given that Obama offers an opposing view of the matter, what was his source? Given the context of what Jefferson was facing with the barbary pirates, the Dr.'s view makes sense.
Your first conclusion -

haha, go get the guy's source. Didnt he even publish one?

Old 06-04-2009, 11:29 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,631,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
How did Obama offer an opposing view in his speech?

Old 06-04-2009, 11:29 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,917,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Hahaha, really terrible try.

People make claims.

They need to back them up. This is REALLY basic. Doesnt get more basic than this.

None of you can defend your heavily credentialed Baltimorean's claim.

He doesnt give a source, I can only suppose.

Yet you all insist that because he has appended a lot of leis to his name, his claim therefore is correct.

All I can say is
No I gave you something to refute which you are either incapable or not interested. I am not sure which but I will wait patiently for some sort of intelligent answer.

It is okay if you can't, I could not myself. There is no shame in admitting that someone's opinion is beyond your ability to refute. We are not all an academicians after all.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
No I gave you something to refute which you are either incapable or not interested. I am not sure which but I will wait patiently for some sort of intelligent answer.

It is okay if you can't, I could not myself. There is no shame in admitting that someone's opinion is beyond your ability to refute. We are not all an academician after all.
You gave me a string of links. I looked at the Hitchens one: there was nothing in it to refute. Based on that link you provided, why should I waste time on the others?

Old 06-04-2009, 11:33 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,128,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
I do not go to School. I have a degree and am working in the real world.

I am just talking about citing sources. Maybe I missed your point. And usually your point is that anything you do not agree with has no credibility.

but that is typical of the leftists.
If you're going to use a phrase like "typical of the leftists", then you need to go back to school.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
If you're going to use a phrase like "typical of the leftists", then you need to go back to school.
Out til September, nanana.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies