Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 04:52 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Why is it lefties hate the Constitution so much?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post
They don't. They wrote it.
Oh, please end this thread right here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 08:13 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Jesus just loves self-absorbed "christians" who inconvenience entire neighborhoods weekly.
Really........
What about the self absorbed football/hockey/basketball fan.
What a stupid statement you stated! I am so sick of the attack on Christians. Get this
WE are NOT Going Away!!!!!!

Old 06-04-2009, 08:24 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Well! There you have it. Miborn has spoken! A woman complained to the city because a bible study atendee caused damage to her parked vehicle! She must be an atheist!!!
Is this you?I wonder how it got in the Urban online dictionary.

1. online bully
One who bullies online because they are too gutless to be a real bully in person.
In online forums, Sioux-cia has proved to be a real online bully.

In many blog areas, online bullies surface because they have nothing to do all day but surf the online forums and harass people.

Urban Dictionary: online bully

Old 06-04-2009, 08:34 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
What a stupid statement you stated! I am so sick of the attack on Christians. Get this
WE are NOT Going Away!!!!!!

Old 06-04-2009, 08:45 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,914,902 times
Quote:
Is this you?
Is this you?
Cyberstalking is the use of the Internet or other electronic means to stalk someone.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_stalker -

Old 06-04-2009, 09:03 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
Well I am glad they can practice in the privacy of their home. As long as they keep it there, its all good.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:42 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,352,828 times
Heck, if I want to have an organized religious assembly in the privacy of my own home I should have that right. Why do people care so much about what others do...if they are in their own home and even if they arent....if they arent hurting anyone who gives a rats left nut...

Old 06-04-2009, 09:48 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
...if they arent hurting anyone who gives a rats left nut...
Very eloquently stated. My thoughts exactly.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:04 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
Actually I think the attention is what prompted attention to this.
I think once they figured out what was going on it would have ended this way no matter what. The fact that someone filed a complaint had to be addressed though. Stuff like this happens everywhere, all the time. City ordinances and complaining neighbors make for some interesting situations. Because this was Christian orientated it was picked up by those watchdogging for persecution. That's the world we live in now and why it's hard to get too worked up over every little thing..

Old 06-04-2009, 10:22 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,062,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Jesus just loves self-absorbed "christians" who inconvenience entire neighborhoods weekly.
Actually the neighbors were supporting the pastor so the 'entire neighborhood' was not inconvenienced. Most of the Bible study participants parked in an empty lot owned by the pastor. One visitor to the neighborhood got her car dinged, which the pastor paid for himself although it isn't even clear that one of the Bible study attendees did the damage.

Quote:
But Jones said all the neighbors around him are supporting and praying for him. He added that he owns the private lot next to him, which is where most cars park.

The only person who may have complained, he believes, is a neighbor's friend whose car was dented, possibly by a bible study attendee.
Jones paid the money to fix the car out of his own pocket, and is not confident that is who complained.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Does your bible mention the golden rule anywhere?
I'm sure the pastor and his wife haven't reported any neighbors for parking violations. I'd even bet he'd offer them the use of his empty lot if they needed it. He paid for the damage to the car himself...I'd say that's pretty neighborly and a very good example of living out the golden rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
World Net Daily? Already makes the story dubious.
And now we find out that the entire story was a hoax.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
Not a hoax at all. In fact every single thing is true...the county issued them a citation and threatened further action if they continued to have a
Bible study without a major use permit. The county admitted that they issued the citation in error, that a Bible study does not constitute a religious assembly. Only after the citation was issued and people began to question the motives of the county did they bring up parking. The county official who issued the citation didn't mention a parking violation...he issued a citation based on the religious nature of the gathering.
There have still been no parking citations issued.

Quote:
Jones said in all of the written and oral complaints over five weeks, nowhere has parking been mentioned. "None of it is on parking, all of it talks about a religious assembly...We've had hours of conversations, that's what it has been every time."
He said only after this story was picked up by the news media did he hear the county officials claim that parking was the main issue at stake here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies