Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2009, 09:46 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,986,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
ELOrocks,

All you had to do was go to Google and type in "Obamas speech in Egypt." You would get the complete text there. Really! It is not hard at all.

Now, I know you are a Republican and sometimes it is hard for Republicans to just THINK and use common sense but come on now! You should know this much considering how much you are online on here.

I believe your intention was to just get people upset and thinking that Obama was anti American again and create a fuss over nothing. Just as Karfar pointed out-this is your intention. Just look at your post history.
My guess is ELOrocks is probably using Michael Savage's RADIO COMMENTARY of Obama's speech, and not the actual speech itself.

That way, the "reasons for trashing Obama" are already hi-lighted and ready for posting in political forums!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 08:11 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
My guess is ELOrocks is probably using Michael Savage's RADIO COMMENTARY of Obama's speech, and not the actual speech itself.

That way, the "reasons for trashing Obama" are already hi-lighted and ready for posting in political forums!

Nope, heard it on TV. Didnt listen to Savage yesterday.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:13 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Nope, heard it on TV. Didnt listen to Savage yesterday.
Try reading the speech. We've posted links to its full text on several threads.

Of course we are assuming your reading abilities are better than your hearing.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:17 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post

Actually, that's not a bad thing. Cut through to the heart of it, through all the frills, the hype (oops...hope) and focus on what he really said (and didn't say).

Michael Savage too often says things that we'd rather not hear, but we need that.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:18 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Ever been to the Trade Center site....didn't think so.
The Trade Center site says to me that Bush was busy playing getrevengeforDaddy in Iraq while a pit sits downtown. The Trade Center site to me says "Why the hell didn't get just get Bin Laden?".

I don't know if I should call what Government officials did overreacting or exploiting for personal gain, but yeah, it definitely happened.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:29 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
The Trade Center site says to me that Bush was busy playing getrevengeforDaddy in Iraq while a pit sits downtown. The Trade Center site to me says "Why the hell didn't get just get Bin Laden?".

I don't know if I should call what Government officials did overreacting or exploiting for personal gain, but yeah, it definitely happened.
Don't blame Bush. He didn't act singlehandedly. Congress was in on it.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:35 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Don't blame Bush. He didn't act singlehandedly. Congress was in on it.

Of course they were. Pelosi, Powell, Clinton and the rest had the same intelligence Bush had and came to the same concluison. It was a mistake in retrospect due to a failure of intelligence. But some have to believe in conspiracies. They have no proof for their wild allegations but if it makes them feel better its OK.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:45 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Of course they were. Pelosi, Powell, Clinton and the rest had the same intelligence Bush had and came to the same concluison. It was a mistake in retrospect due to a failure of intelligence. But some have to believe in conspiracies. They have no proof for their wild allegations but if it makes them feel better its OK.
How exactly am I discussing a conspiracy?

Bush was President at the time of the attack.

He did not get the person responsible for the attacks.

He did not focus on going after the person responsible for the attacks. Then you had to hear this kind of stuff "I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."

How is that a conspiracy?

Justice for the dead is capturing Bin Laden.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:50 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
How exactly am I discussing a conspiracy?

Bush was President at the time of the attack.

He did not get the person responsible for the attacks.

He did not focus on going after the person responsible for the attacks. Then you had to hear this kind of stuff "I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."

How is that a conspiracy?

Justice for the dead is capturing Bin Laden.
Revenge for daddy? How is Obama making out in catching him?

It is silly in the extreme to think that catching Bin Laden wasn't a priority for that administration.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:52 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
I find this funny as heck. So many sitting here actting like they have never been say on the computer and tv in the background and you are barely listening and you think you hear something you didnt.

No this doesnt happen to those in this thread making a big deal over this question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies