Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 06:07 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times

Advertisements

Notice wingers, no mention of our bogus "minority lending regulations" argument.

http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/wp-cont...of-a-crash.png
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 06:19 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,618 times
About the creator of your "Wonderful Graph"

Quote:
I'm Jess. By day I cook up great ideas and saute them into sweet visuals. By night, I pretty much do the same thing although I also try to make room for some Law and Order. My work has been in magazines, art galleries, and on national television. When I am not knee deep in data you can find me playing video games, building snow forts, looking for my car keys, or just hanging out with my wonderful wife, two kids, two cats, two fish, and one dog. I'm 28.
WallStats - About
And you bash FOX as a source.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:28 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
About the creator of your "Wonderful Graph"

WallStats - About
And you bash FOX as a source.
It's good enough for Barry Ritholz, it's good enough for you.

What's with you and the ad hominem attacks - even on graphics artists? Do you know the guy?

padcrasher, could you please link to the ritholz.com html page that links to that jpg?

Old 06-04-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
It's good enough for Barry Ritholz, it's good enough for you.

What's with you and the ad hominem attacks - even on graphics artists? Do you know the guy?

padcrasher, could you please link to the ritholz.com html page that links to that jpg?
Oh please.

A. I didn't attack Mr. snow fort builder, I simply posted his online resume that clearly shows a lack of depth.
Do you know him that you would feel the need to take up in his defense with such feigned indignation?

B. padcrasher is one of the most abrasive attack artists on cd, have you ever admonished him?

Old 06-04-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Oh please.

A. I didn't attack Mr. snow fort builder, I simply posted his online resume that clearly shows a lack of depth.
Do you know him, that you would take up in his defense with feigned indignation?

B. padcrasher is one of the most abrasive attack artists on cd, have you ever admonished him?
I dont understand the association you make between Josh-whatever's biography and his ability to build a competent graph.

Barry Ritholz likes the graph; that's validity enough for me and should be for you. Do you know finance better than he does?

"B." is just too weird to acknowledge.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:56 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,627,807 times
Quote:
I dont understand the association you make between Josh-whatever's biography and his ability to build a competent graph.

Barry Ritholz likes the graph; that's validity enough for me and should be for you. Do you know finance better than he does?

"Too weird to acknowledge" is, like, your handle.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
"Too weird to acknowledge" is, like, your handle.
Oooh! I havent gotten to use my autoreply for several days! Hold on... I have a standard reply when people -- always rightwingers, oddly -- make the big discovery about my username and feel compelled to bring it to my attention in some elephantine way. Okay, here.

"Oh, I get it! Hey, that's pretty bright of you, [irishvanguard]. I never noticed how I'd designed my username until you pointed it out for me. Thanks!"

Old 06-04-2009, 07:06 PM

4,465 posts, read 7,999,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Notice wingers, no mention of our bogus "minority lending regulations" argument.

http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/wp-cont...of-a-crash.png

Symptom, not cause.

Here's the cause nobody's talking about:

ECONOMIC INEQUALITY: (http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:RUUp-J8ySyAJ:dwardmac.pitzer.edu/dward/classes/powpart/silentdepression.html+graph+falling+real+wages+sin ce+1973&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us - broken link)

Now there is no denying that living standards for most people increased in the post war period. But not everyone has been affected equally by the economic changes since WWII. Furthermore, what many people do not realize is that around 1973, the rising tide that had lifted all boats, suddenly beached a few yachts on the top of a rising volcano of wealth and income, and left the vast majority of remaining boats to gradually sink with the receding tide. Four fifths of the U.S. population has experienced either stagnant or falling real wages since 1973. The average worker in 1991 earned (in constant 1982-4 dollars) $260.37 a week compared to $308.03 a week in 1973. This meant that the average worker in 1991 earned the same as the average worker in 1962. (Peterson, p. 37.) The only thing which has given many families the appearance of economic progress is the doubling of the number of dual earner families. That is, only Mom moving into the workforce has allowed the overwhelming majority of families to stay even or get ahead at all. Indeed, "between 1979 and 1989, women's earnings jumped by 27.4 percent, while the earnings of men rose by only 2.3 percent." (Peterson, p. 73.)

Old 06-04-2009, 07:13 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I believe the correct term is low income but it's just a few insignificant trillions of dollars of debt held by F & F.... LOL

Here's excellent article written in 2000 predicting it, it's so accurate it's spooky:

The Trillion-Dollar Bank Shakedown That Bodes Ill for Cities by Howard Husock, City Journal Winter 2000

Old 06-04-2009, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Because his name is the only one on it.
The graph does not list anyother source for the material nor the data on it.

Quote:
Weird? No, but I understand.
You couldn't answer the question honestly without revealing your hypocrisy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies