Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 03:17 AM

327 posts, read 756,116 times

Advertisements

He probably thought he was doing god's work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 03:57 AM

37,282 posts, read 19,292,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
Since I have been able to understand politics....when clinton was in office...I havent see a president do any good overall in their term. They all make a mistake or a mess for the other to clean up...I am just hoping that with Obama that it isnt bodies that the next president is cleaning up. I do not see Obama as a strong president. I see him as week and I can only assume that other world leaders see him the same way. All he does is practice peace...prepare for peace. He should be practicing peace and preparing for war. He is going to get us close enough to our enemies that they can stab us in the back...

I do not see him as any sory of hero president, and he never will be. Everyone is soo happy that he is our first BLACK president...actually he is a mix...and who cares what color his skin is...he is an under politically educated man with very little experiance with what we are going through...
Someone who was very bright would have heartily approved President Obama's message:

A country cannot simultaneously prepare and prevent war. - Albert Einstein

Old 06-05-2009, 04:13 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,720,496 times
Could have been any of these folks. Watch them try to explain why they think Obama is a terrorist.

YouTube - The McCain-Palin Mob

Old 06-05-2009, 04:25 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,222,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
doesn't surprise me since his election Obama has had more than 500 threats which is more than double what Carter got in his term. The wingnuts are in full panic mode & I'm sure people like Rush, Hannity & Savage aren't helping with incinderary talk like Obama is out to destroy the country.
500 really?

Old 06-05-2009, 10:39 AM

271 posts, read 182,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I just read about this guy some more.

Man what the hell?

And he has EIGHT guns registered to him.

I fear for our Presidents safety.

OMG! 8 GUNS! WOW!!! He sure is a threat

Old 06-05-2009, 10:49 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,588,473 times
^ don't care how many guns he has but you sure put it into context when the man threatens to shoot Obama. Sounds like a gun nut.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:50 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,317,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Man what the hell?

And he has EIGHT guns registered to him.
So, he had 8 guns registered to him.

Heck - I have WELL over a dozen weapons -

So what?

Old 06-05-2009, 10:53 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,978,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf88 View Post
OMG! 8 GUNS! WOW!!! He sure is a threat
When he is making threats, yes, he is a threat. If someone that own guns was making threats against you or your family would you want law enforcement to have a little talk to the guy? It is Illegal to make threats against the President, ANY President, the guy may or may not be harmless, that is for others to decide, but when he shot off his big mouth he asked for trouble and now he has it.
Casper

Old 06-05-2009, 10:56 AM

271 posts, read 182,657 times
Yes it is illegal to make threats against someone but so what he has guns nothing illegal about that yet.So why make a big point about it?

Old 06-05-2009, 11:33 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,978,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf88 View Post
Yes it is illegal to make threats against someone but so what he has guns nothing illegal about that yet.So why make a big point about it?
I think it was mentioned because he WAS making threats and with guns he is far more capable of carrying them out. Do not get me wrong, guns are nothing more than tools in my opinion and I have nearly as many as he does, so I am not against gun ownership, just nuts owning guns. If those that interview him determine he is in need of professional help he may very well lose his right to own guns, which I do agree with.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies