U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 01:47 PM

13,636 posts, read 22,973,036 times

Advertisements

Finally, justice has been shown for the LaCrosse players at Duke. I only hope that the prosecutor who so arrogantly sought his own fame and glory will be dealt with swiftly and harshly. Also, I wonder if the Revs Sharpton and Jackson are feeling any remorse for the big show they put on last year, by climbing the racism train. Think they will hold a press conference?
Rate this post positively

Old 04-11-2007, 02:02 PM

1,406 posts, read 4,867,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Finally, justice has been shown for the LaCrosse players at Duke. I only hope that the prosecutor who so arrogantly sought his own fame and glory will be dealt with swiftly and harshly. Also, I wonder if the Revs Sharpton and Jackson are feeling any remorse for the big show they put on last year, by climbing the racism train. Think they will hold a press conference?

Did they drop the case? I heard yesterday that an announcement may come today. What a nightmare course of events...I can only imagine how it would feel to be accused of something as serious as this when you're innocent. I hope their lives get back on track now.

Old 04-11-2007, 02:26 PM

3,856 posts, read 8,000,064 times
They need to jail the accuser and the prosecutor.

Old 04-11-2007, 02:58 PM

8,633 posts, read 13,228,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
They need to jail the accuser and the prosecutor.
Nifong may get jail. He will most certainly lose his law license. He has a hearing on Friday.

Old 04-11-2007, 03:43 PM

2,078 posts, read 6,198,642 times
More and likely he'll be disbarred from the ABA. But, what would be fascinating is that the three Duke players. Will they file a civil lawsuit not only to Nifong, but to that hoochie-ho that made the false accusations. This should be interesting. As everyone knows in the community that Nifong did all this to be re-elected as DA. SHADY!!!!

Old 04-11-2007, 03:51 PM

8,633 posts, read 13,228,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brikag View Post
More and likely he'll be disbarred from the ABA. But, what would be fascinating is that the three Duke players. Will they file a civil lawsuit not only to Nifong, but to that hoochie-ho that made the false accusations. This should be interesting. As everyone knows in the community that Nifong did all this to be re-elected as DA. SHADY!!!!
They'll sue Nifong and Duke University.

Old 04-11-2007, 05:00 PM

1,477 posts, read 4,195,043 times
Sue the hell out of them. They spent thousands, probably hundreds of thousands defending themselves from this overreaching prosecutor.

I hope, I sincerely hope, that this opens the minds of the law and order conservatives out there to show them how f-ed up our criminal justice system is right now. Seems so many people are willing to fork away their rights or simply buy into the prosecutor or the police because they assume that everyone is a bad guy or a criminal.

And remember that despite our hang-um high attitude toward law enforcement and crime, we are the most dangerous country in the industrialized world.

Old 04-11-2007, 05:03 PM

10,193 posts, read 25,837,046 times
I know he's up for a hearing, but don't count on him getting disbarred. The State gave him lots of latitude on this case, and hold some of the responsibility for how this case went "up in the ratings."

Quote:
Originally Posted by brikag View Post

Old 04-11-2007, 05:19 PM

2,078 posts, read 6,198,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
I know he's up for a hearing, but don't count on him getting disbarred. The State gave him lots of latitude on this case, and hold some of the responsibility for how this case went "up in the ratings."
Well, we'll see if the ethics committee will see the same!

Old 04-11-2007, 05:43 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,463,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
I hope they sue Mike Nifong civilly for all the money defending themselves cost because of his false accusations and hiding of crucial evidence. The Attorney General of the state did the right thing by declaring them innocent.
The woman who accused them has accused others in the past as well. I don't care if she has bats in her bellfry, she should be prosecuted and sent to five years in prison with Mike Nifong for lying and ruining three innocent lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.