Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 10:13 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,021,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
They will be along any minute now to blame Bush..
How can they do that when it was their Leader's stimulus that has failed?
Bush bailed out a few companies but it pales in comparision to the waste this administration has on the table.

The government works at its finest (or worst from our point of view) when Americans are scared. So they scare us in telling us Without us passing this stimulus you will all lose your jobs. So they passed it and guess what people still lost their jobs.

We are pawns in the great game of Government extending its power.

the obamatrons follow along like my puppy follows me around the house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 10:14 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,883,611 times
By and large, Americans are smart. If given the choice to come clean with the numbers ... the true effect of what we are going through could be dealt with a bit more precisely.

We could begin to work together to come to a real solution to the trouble we are in.

Back in 1929, it was a tough road. but even in spite of it all, Americans, fully understanding what they were up against, came through it, and they came through it together.

Today, we're faced with any number of "feel good" statistics from the Fed. Statistics that refuse to show the whole, bigger picture of what's really going on.

If the Fed feels they need to fool themselves into thinking that things are okay, then that's fine. If facades work for them, then dandy.

Any kind of recovery will ultimately depend on how honest and forthcoming the Fed is in the end. Skewing the numbers and hiding under the guise of damage control will only serve to prolong this problem.

---

Dear Fed ... Give it to us straight for a change ... we're Americans ... we're tough ... we can handle it ... and we can get through it. We are a nation of grown up people ... not a nation of 3 year olds.

---

4,829 posts, read 6,896,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
No. Because I understand the situation, and the recovery package.
And obviously better than the Obama administration.

41,325 posts, read 44,714,472 times
Quote:
They all have to rush out and spend their surpluses the minute they have one.
In budgetary speak, you lose what you don't use.

Since when did saving and cutting a government budget become such a bad thing?

Old 06-05-2009, 10:15 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,729,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
No. Because I understand the situation, and the recovery package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
So you knew they were full of crap is what you're saying.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:16 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,914,483 times
Quote:

YouTube - Confessions Of A Shopaholic - Official Trailer

Old 06-05-2009, 10:18 AM

23,838 posts, read 22,994,272 times
What concerns me the most is that our unemployment rate typically hovers around the 3-5% range. When an additional 4-6% of unemployed people puts our economy into a near vertical nose-dive, i'd say we all should be quite scared that our nation is operating on such thin margins. All things considered, 10% of the working-age population out of work should NOT put this nation into a tailspin. The job base is in serious need of an overhaul. It seems to me that there are far too many working-age people and far too few available jobs even when times are good. Factor in a recession and this country is a ticking time-bomb. Time to bring the offshore jobs back home.

Last edited by AeroGuyDC; 06-05-2009 at 10:29 AM..

Old 06-05-2009, 10:19 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,729,243 times
Quote:

Right, and this is a primary reason why our political system is flawed. You have a good year, you have to rush out to spend the surpluses or give the money back, have a bad year, your stuck trying to make up for the previous promises and cuts that were made.

One thing the Japanese do correctly, they seem vote for people that are investors, not spenders..

Old 06-05-2009, 10:19 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,656,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Thats because the "stimulus" bill did not stimulate, it wont stimulate, it was never intended to stimulate. It just spends money without. As it not being a "magic wand", directly cutting checks to tax payers or, godforbid, tax cuts have immediate affects in lowering the unemployment rates..

But you cant give tax cuts can we? Lets go the opposite route, raise taxes on those with money and this is what happens. Sit and make excuses all day long but that doesnt change facts..
Its not that people haven't tried, so I won't bother. You don't get it even at the most basic level that the package you speak of is a lot more than a "stimulus", much less expect you to know that most of it was targeted towards growth and savings in the longer term. Too complicated for y'all to have a clue.

If tax cuts worked great, why did unemployment rate recovery post one of the mildest recessions (2001) take longer than it did during recessions? In fact, republicans were still at it over two years later, and here you're complaining after three months. Tax cuts are also a major reason for increasing budget deficits over last several year... or are deficits fine as long as it comes with "tax cuts"?

But then, shoot me next time I try to play logic with you guys. There is not much to be discussed, because I will be repeating points I've made since joining this board in dozens of threads. You're not going to stop crying anyway.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:23 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,451,135 times
Cons: What's your solution? Once again, you complain but no solutions. You consider the recovery package a failure in it's 2-3 month but you offered no solutions. Not you, not your legislators, not McPalin. All you do is simply complain. The jobs loss this month has slowed which is positive not perfect..As somebody posted, I wish you guys would've waved your majic economic wand when you had total control for 6 of the last 8 years but you didn't..Trying to play the blame game with NO viable solution is not credible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies