Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 11:49 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,956,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
We invaded Iraq because of the "War on Terror", Not because they were responsible for 9-11. Liberal dunces like Clinton and Obama would rather wait until Iraq had nuclear weapons before doing anything. Bush made sure Saddam never got the chance.
The war on terror should have been waged against Bush and Cheney for terrorizing American's as TNHilltoper brilliantly laid out in his post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 11:53 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
We invaded Iraq because of the "War on Terror", Not because they were responsible for 9-11. Liberal dunces like Clinton and Obama would rather wait until Iraq had nuclear weapons before doing anything. Bush made sure Saddam never got the chance.
True, there are a number of dunces who lean towards the liberal side. But just face it, your boys lied to the entire nation. I thought this subject had died a long time ago but someone chose to revive it and now we get to hear all the tired excuses over again. What is really funny is listening to you repeat that same old liar's propaganda we were fed when the war began. Wake up people, the truth is out. We all know now. You don't need to continue to perpetuate the lies in order to regain credibility. That is hard to do when the cause as marketed was an unjust lie that cannot be undone. It's over and done with and now we just have to deal with the outcome. There have been more historical stumbling blocks throughout history than I can remember, and this will just go down as another. This is not the first time a politically contrived war has taken place and it won't be the last.

I don't want apologies nor will I make excuses for the past. We are in this together now, for better or worse. All we can do is hope our future leaders behave with more integrity than our previous rulers. Stop trying to justify these events as if you were responsible. None of you had a bit of say in how things went down. You were merely spectators. Those who were not were warriors, and they served their country because that is what they do. The cause itself may have been fraudulent, but the men/women who fought for it did so with integrity, pride, and moral fortitude.

And no matter what we must learn to accept and acknowledge when someone on our supposed "team" does something wrong. Hold them accountable for their actions and strengthen your standing amongst the people. Not by continuing to cover for their mistakes, but by admitting them and moving on. No matter how many times you repeat the cover story, it will not make it true. It is now a proven lie that will go down in history as such. Unless, of course, we allow them to write history the way they want it to read.

Old 06-05-2009, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yeah, where is all that oil we stole?
It wasn't about stealing oil, it was about controlling oil. Don't get mixed up here. They didn't do it for the regular people. They did it for the powerful people.

Old 06-05-2009, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
What did the US (Bush) gain by going to war with Iraq?

Free oil? Conquering and governing Iraq for our benefit?

What exactly was the personal gain for bush?
Control of one hell of a stock pile of oil and natural resources. A solid foothold in the Middle East. Maybe even the "V" word when we talk about Bush Jr. You know, "Vendetta"

Old 06-06-2009, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
On top of all this he was paying the $25,000 to hamas suicide bombers family members for years.He did fund terrorists.There was also talk that he could have very well moved wmd's into Syria,he had ample time.He needed to be taken out no doubt
And the American CIA funded Al Queda and supplied them with weapons to fight the Russians. See, we did support terrorists. By the way, ever seen that video with Rummy shaking hands with old Saddam. See, there was a time when we were all "buddy,buddy" with the guy. Our country was quite pleased when Saddam seized power. Funny how easily you can fall out of favor when you stop following your directives.

Old 06-06-2009, 12:04 AM

1,577 posts, read 1,956,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
And the American CIA funded Al Queda and supplied them with weapons to fight the Russians. See, we did support terrorists. By the way, ever seen that video with Rummy shaking hands with old Saddam. See, there was a time when we were all "buddy,buddy" with the guy. Our country was quite pleased when Saddam seized power. Funny how easily you can fall out of favor when you stop following your directives.
I'm getting blown away with the great job you are doing with these posts!!

I think what you touched upon here is a key reason why Obama is trying to mend fences with people in the M.E... Nations around the world are well aware of this meddling and the geopolitical games the U.S has been involved in ... it will take time to shed this image...

Old 06-06-2009, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Don't forget that the democrats in the senate voted 29 to 21 for the invasion of Iraq,including Hilary Clinton they could have asked the hard questions about exit strategy but they did'nt
You are absolutely correct! Bush did not do it all alone. He had support because the people were behind the lie. And for once, our representatives actually did what the people wanted. The people of this country had been whipped into a terrorism frenzy, and we wanted revenge for 9/11. Saddam became an easy target. Already known round the world as a vicious dictator who used biological weapons on his own people, who better to turn your sights on. As I said earlier, the guy deserved what he got. But the American people also deserved the truth.

Old 06-06-2009, 12:07 AM

646 posts, read 801,475 times
Quote:
No doubt it is tragic that we are fighting Al Queda in Afghanistan and they are using our weapons to kill us.My point is that Saddam did in fact fund terrorist.He himself is a terrorist by his funding of Hamas.Like I said he did need to go

Old 06-06-2009, 12:12 AM

Quote:
No doubt it is tragic that we are fighting Al Queda in Afghanistan and they are using our weapons to kill us.My point is that Saddam did in fact fund terrorist.He himself is a terrorist by his funding of Hamas.Like I said he did need to go
I agree with you. The man was undoubtfully evil and deserved to lose his seat of power. I am just saying things aren't as cut and dry and they sometimes seem. Thus my information on our former relationship with Saddam and Bin Laden.

Old 06-06-2009, 12:12 AM

646 posts, read 801,475 times
Quote:
You are absolutely correct! Bush did not do it all alone. He had support because the people were behind the lie. And for once, our representatives actually did what the people wanted. The people of this country had been whipped into a terrorism frenzy, and we wanted revenge for 9/11. Saddam became an easy target. Already known round the world as a vicious dictator who used biological weapons on his own people, who better to turn your sights on. As I said earlier, the guy deserved what he got. But the American people also deserved the truth.
I truly believe while our elected officials " did what the people wanted" I have a feeling it was just political.It is sad that you really don't know where a politician stands because I believe they are always thinking about the next election.They should do what is right and screw the votes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies